Sign in to follow this  
BraunMann

Alex Cisneros

This is all trolling. Right? Especially the international part? Schultz Bros, Stephen Neal, Jamil Kelly, Pendleton, Eric Guerrero, jake Varner on and on ad on

Return of a banned persona (BraunMan) from half a decade or more ago. Nothing but a button pusher.

Seriously - what happened - and what is the rationale for Martinez winning an NCAA title this year while Cisneros is invisible?  Both were 3 time California State Champions.

I hope the NCAA is investigating Martinez - the kind of improvement he showed is unnatural to unbelievable.

Its beyond what any in California, traditionally a soft state with underwhleming NCAA presence, including Jason Welch, Palomino, etc have ever done.

Aside from Stephen Abas the state has also been invisible on the international level.

Some guys transition over to college wrestling much better than others.  Doesn't matter how many state titles you've won in your home state.  People can bring up countless kids who have won 3-4 state titles and done nothing in college.  Look at Morgan McIntosh.  Dude was wrecking ball in CA, winning 3 titles, but he had problems adjusting his first year wrestling at PSU and he still hasn't won a title or been in the finals.  I thought for sure he'd be in contention to win at least 2.

I hate to even mention this, but look at Budke and Iowa.  The guy was a 4x state champ, but couldn't make the starting lineup.

Look at IMar's redshirt year...he was 13-2.  It's not like he was 8-7 and then went undefeated this year.

And yeah, there have been greats from CA in the NCAAs and Olympics/International, so stop the trolling.

^^^McIntosh is a poor example.   He's been wrestling up a weight class his entire career.  What he has done despite being undersized is remarkable. 

A better example would be Joe Williams, 2 time CA state Champ, or was it 3?  Right there with the nations very elite, Goes to Michigan St and never sniffs an AA    

^^^McIntosh is a poor example.   He's been wrestling up a weight class his entire career.  What he has done despite being undersized is remarkable. 

A better example would be Joe Williams, 2 time CA state Champ, or was it 3?  Right there with the nations very elite, Goes to Michigan St and never sniffs an AA    

Yeah, but that's what I'm referring to though.  He had to adjust to his higher weight his first year and had problems dealing with stronger and bigger guys.  It wasn't like high school anymore to where he could overpower other kids with ease.  Took the redshirt year and started getting better by adjusting to wrestling bigger, stronger guys.    Happens to a lot of kids.

Joe won 2 in CA and yeah, that was disappointing at MSU

CA_Wrestler, just to take a look at I-Mar, he would have been 11th in the 2014 Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open had he not been redshirting. Not too shabby, but not quite the sort of resume that had him tearing apart the entire world one limb at a time.

^^^McIntosh is a poor example. He's been wrestling up a weight class his entire career. What he has done despite being undersized is remarkable.

A better example would be Joe Williams, 2 time CA state Champ, or was it 3? Right there with the nations very elite, Goes to Michigan St and never sniffs an AA

What leads you to believe he wrestled up a weight this past year? Couldn't he beat McCutcheon, or did he do it for the team?

What leads you to believe he wrestled up a weight this past year? Couldn't he beat McCutcheon, or did he do it for the team?

...he could make 184, but the team needs him at 197. 

..he is very short for the weight class (197).

...I would love to see him at 184, he would give Gabe Dean all he could handle and then some. 

I've never met the California stand out, but from all accounts, he has wrestled up since arriving at Penn State,.   He really took one for the team as a  frosh, and it cost him an AA finish.   What a great kid though, never complains, just shows up every time and gives it his all.   

I'd love to see him at 184, where I believe he's a serious title threat immediately.   Unfortunately, the team needs him at 197.

He could have made 184 if it was just a matter of what's best for him.   He's very short for the 197 lbs weight class

Any upddates on Cisneros and his regimen not to let his failure in high school states senior year to destroy him mind, body, and soul?

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

And then one day he was shootin at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"

Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"

So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.

And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.

You're all invited back a gain to this locality

To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

Edited by sgallan

Excellent.  I was under the impression he had left Cornell a while back and was on his way to making billions through some sort of a multi level marketing ingenious plan.  

It's good to see he got that silly idea out of his head, and if he's blown the Cornell education, at least he's still looking to get some sort of education.   Glad to see he's not homeless on a street corner, turning tricks in an alley, for beer money.  

Excellent.  I was under the impression he had left Cornell a while back and was on his way to making billions through some sort of a multi level marketing ingenious plan.  

It's good to see he got that silly idea out of his head, and if he's blown the Cornell education, at least he's still looking to get some sort of education.   Glad to see he's not homeless on a street corner, turning tricks in an alley, for beer money.  

Or drinking beer after beer while on probation.