Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Pssst.....Ohio State

Good post, Silver-Medal. The tone is appropriate.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the first ever tOSU National Championship. I had high expectations for JDJ, Demas, and Martin. Hunter's health was really sinking me, Tav's too. 

I was impressed by JDJ hanging in there as a teammate, drilling with Tomasello and Stieber. It wasn't about his accomplishments, but rather ours.

Courts! After all the naysaying to the sound of "I don't care", he put together a great tournament! The 10 points gave a respectable cushion at least. 

Stieber didn't disappoint. I hope they pay him to stick around. 2016!

NaTo: I can't wait to see more of him! He's an ideal guy to be a fan of.

Bo: Finishing 3rd after losing to Dieringer, but beating Sulzer. That's guts. Keep the hair, why not? Great leader, now get little Bro up to speed!

Snyder looked like a freshman for the second time this season. And, yeah, he's a true freshman NCAA runner-up at 197! I know he expected more... See Tomasello on Fandom. 

BTW, the Buckeyes lose Demas and L. Stieber next year, and have M. Jordan, Ryan and Haines pushing the lineup (not to mention the new recruits). Nobody could replace Logan, but this team is young.

Edited by denger

I felt it was bit eh when I was watching the finals. Probably because tOSU already won the team title. Had Iowa gotten bit closer, it would have been more exciting finals.

Kyle getting pinned was a stunner. But Gadeon deserved the applause for hitting that move perfectly. So, it wasn't that big downer.

It was great that Nathan won. What I didn't like is the booing during the match. I wasn't sure what the booing was for. However, Nathan got the applause at the end. Nathan did all the work and successfully fended off that surprise cement mixer quickly. It has been a problem with Nathan when the opponents kept doing that kind of surprise moves. But he got out quickly and kept going. I like his charging attitude. I hope his attitude influences many others to keep the match exciting.

While Logan was going for a major decision, I was bit cheerful. But then Port got the TD at the end, it was bit eh. I guess I wanted to see him out on top. I think he felt same thing. I could see the bittersweet in his eyes. I would think that it would put more fire in him to go for the world team and Olympics. Good luck to him!!

Go Buckeyes!! They will be back next year against PSU, Iowa, Cornell, and ASU. They all would be battling hard for the NCAA championship!!

How does Snyder handle being humiliated on national television like that?  Will he ever be the same wrestler, with the same confidence, moving forward?

You mean the part where he beat the defending national champion that most people had cruising into the finals? No, I bet his confidence is just fine...

Snyder took down Gatsalov and won a 2013 World Title 

He got humiliated by Gogaev at 2014 Worlds

Gets within 1 pt of Gadson in reg season then dominated in the final.

Regression during his time at OSU

Snyder took down Gatsalov and won a 2013 World Title 

He got humiliated by Gogaev at 2014 Worlds

Gets within 1 pt of Gadson in reg season then dominated in the final.

Regression during his time at OSU

Do you even think before you post or do you intentionally try to sound stupid?

I believe if you can take down a 5 time World Champion then the guys at NCAA shouldn't have been giving him trouble.

Wait......are you comparing the NCAA finals to an exhibition match which was a glorified vacation for the Russian national team in NYC?

What is up with OSU fans?  They were not obnoxious, not really very loud, not really cheering against other teams, basically I had no reason to hate them?   Usually by the end of the tournament I find myself cheering against some of the lead teams because I am tired of their fans.  This time I was almost happy for OSU??

What is up with OSU fans? They were not obnoxious, not really very loud, not really cheering against other teams, basically I had no reason to hate them? Usually by the end of the tournament I find myself cheering against some of the lead teams because I am tired of their fans. This time I was almost happy for OSU??

You're very kind. I think we were exhausted from 2 straight weeks of emotions from Big Ten championship to the NCAA championship. We have never experienced like that. Woohoo! Zzzzz!

That's funny teach. I am waiting for them to come on here and start running their mouths and they aren't doing it. Us Iowa fans started it, then the toolbags from Penn State came in and ran us outta town. Now these A-hole tOSU fans are acting all civilized. They better get with the program or GTFO. Are you listening Buckeyebison?!? *gives bison the Ramos stare*

That's funny teach. I am waiting for them to come on here and start running their mouths and they aren't doing it. Us Iowa fans started it, then the toolbags from Penn State came in and ran us outta town. Now these A-hole tOSU fans are acting all civilized. They better get with the program or GTFO. Are you listening Buckeyebison?!? *gives bison the Ramos stare*

lol. Like I said, we may be too exhausted to do anything obnoxious.

The Buckeyes believe duals determine team champions and most of them are disappointed with how they did at the national duals.

They know Missouri had the best team this season--the NCAA's recognition doesn't change that. Who knows maybe the Ohio State team from this weekend would have won the duals but they didn't have the season they wanted.

What is up with OSU fans?  They were not obnoxious, not really very loud, not really cheering against other teams, basically I had no reason to hate them?   Usually by the end of the tournament I find myself cheering against some of the lead teams because I am tired of their fans.  This time I was almost happy for OSU??

I think the "aaarrrgh, frick...." feeling from tying Iowa at home for B10's carried over to the NCAA's.  Plus watching Hunter wrestle without elbows was tragic.

Coach Ryan said it pretty well in a post match interview. Something like, if you told me we could win and only score 102 points, I wouldn't have believed it...or that we could win without Hunter Stieber, or Tavenello scoring a point...

I winced and squirmed through every motion Hunter made. I appreciate his willingness, but it was awful to see. Had a big sigh of relief when Ryan threw in the towel for him.

I was also high on Demas, Dijulius, and Martin after B1G's. I'm sure they were too, so that kinda sucks.

The quarters, and the semis, were our climax. We really couldn't have been more impressed after that. 

There weren't too many of us setting up for an "I told you so" moment as the season progressed. It was a rough one. We got knocked down regularly. It was a very exciting season! ...just not one to be gloating over.

First og all congratulatiosn to Ohio State.  I was pulling for them all tournament long and by hook or by crook, they were able ot pull it off.   I still think a lot of the credit goes to Iowa for a choke johb, but that's another story.

As for Snyder, a very good question posed by the resident troll of the board.   Yes it's going to be difficult for him top bouncer back.   100,000 people on national TV watch you get pancaked and stuck, it tends to leave a mark emotionally,.   He did his best imitation of Carl Lewis in his bout against the defending champion, running and stalling for his life.   I thought I was watching a Hawkeye there for a minute while I focused in after tuning in late.   

At the end of the day, Snyder got tossed to his back, held there, and had his manhood took by a bigger, stronger, man who wanted it more.  He has to accept that and deal with it.   Will he be gun shy?  Will his psyche be shook?   We've seen others have their mental focus smashed on the elevated, finals mat many a time.    Will Snyder bounce back?  I(s Gadson now his daddy?  Is he his poppa?   Is Snyder Gadson's woman?    We'll have to wait and see.