Sign in to follow this  
Bassking66

Oklahoma State

Marstellar seemed to have a difficult time with the pull down to 157 this season - doubtful he's there for 2015-16. They may have a couple of really good RS freshmen battling for the slot at 165. And that's if Dieringer moves up.

It may be thought that this is the best move for OSU (Dieringer at 174), but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

John likes his guys cutting - and hungry!

I see lack of enough leverage for Marsteller at 165, he is just too short and if you watch his matches where he lost at 165 this year, that was his main problem. 157 is his true weight.

That being said, any chance we see Joe Smith as a true frosh at 149? Collica with another year in the weight room can finally fill out 157.

I see lack of enough leverage for Marsteller at 165, he is just too short and if you watch his matches where he lost at 165 this year, that was his main problem. 157 is his true weight.

That being said, any chance we see Joe Smith as a true frosh at 149? Collica with another year in the weight room can finally fill out 157.

He placed 4th at the Scuffle after bumping up from 157, so I don't get how leverage will be an issue. His only challenge with leverage was when he was on top. He tried tilting guys and got reversed a couple of times. His losses were to the # 3 and 8 seeds at Nationals. I would wager a large sum that Marstellar does not go 157 next year. Too much of a cut.

If Dierenger bumps up, have to think Chance is the favorite at 165.

Edited by tightwaist

I could see Smith cracking the lineup at 149 or 157. Chris Koo is another option at 157, but I'm not sure he's going to be improved enough.

Crutchmer is might not have the same success at 184. It doesn't seem like he can fill out his frame much more without losing some athleticism. 184 is tough next year.

Crutchmer at 184 is a question.  He was hugely improved this year vs last, so he may do much better at 184 than he did there last year, but you never know.  He has a pretty bad gas tank for a guy who finished 5th and I wonder if not cutting at 184 makes it worse because he doesn't have to work as hard, or makes it better because he is not cutting.  Plus, 184 is just much tougher.  He will be the top returning finisher at 174 and at 184 he is in a very tough pack.  

Figuring out how to get Rodgers/Marstellar in the lineup and seeing if Marsden can show up for nationals will decide if they are a serious threat to win or not.

He won at 170, but wrestled at 160 part of the season and at the Dapper Dan. Right now he'd be a large 149, and decent size 157. Chandler Rogers from what I've heard is no. 2 at 165, with Marstellar and Blees behind him.

Does anybody have footage of John Smith beating down on Marsteller, then Blees, then Rogers, then Dieringer in succession in the room?  I want to see footage of the battles between him and them.

I want to see how he makes them cry, breaks down what they were before turning them into warriors.

Edited by BraunMann