Sign in to follow this  
tloger

Kyven Gadsen

I actually met his father very briefly many years ago. Was at a wrestling practice and all the sudden we paired up for drills and I got paired up with this guy who I never saw before who was visiting the room that day.  I remember he was built like a tank, very powerful. Anyway we started drilling and he was nice enough to try to teach me some moves. This was back when he was still competing. After the practice I asked a coach who that was, and the coach said it was Willie Gadson. After that I finally noticed a poster in the coach's office for Willie "The Rock" Gadson. I still recall this very brief encounter all these years later because he made that much of an impression.  

Anyway, congratulations.

Edited by straggler

In a post-match interview with Flo he didn't mention anything about Worlds when asked what was next. Only thing he mentioned was graduate school. 

What was he planning on studying in grad school and is he planning on staying at Iowa State as a volunteer? When they showed Kyven's mother during the finals last night they had her listed as Dr. Augusta Gadson. I googled her and found that she had a pretty impressive resume.

Dr. Gadson completed a postdoctoral fellowship in health communications at the University of Iowa, where she was also a professor in journalism. While working at theUniversity of IowaDr. Gadson helped to establish a health initiative to serve minority, at-risk and vulnerable populations in collaboration with UI medical and health sciences students and faculty. She holds a Ph.D. from The University of Iowain mass communications with a certificate in aging studies; a Master's of Science in journalism from Iowa State University; and a bachelor's degree in English and mass communications from Alcorn State University.

Gadsen checked Snyder to his back and there was no movement from Snyder which shows his power. He would be crazy not to try this year being the worlds are here. I mean Varner is very beatable at 213 if he can throw around Snyder like that. I hope he at least tries. To me this was the story and match of the tourney. Most people were picking Snyder. 

Fantastic story.  I think the best storyline of the tournement.  Loses his father after winning BIG12 last year,comes the next year and wins NCAA's with fall for his father and family.  COngrats Kyven. 

Willie was a beloved man, as evidenced by the crew of his former Eastern Michigan wrestlers who showed up to cheer on Kyven.  Well done, Kyven, your father is looking down with pride.

Varner is beatable, and not great in tie ups, but I still don't think he gets thrown and pinned twice in a row.

Still though, what a sweet throw. Snyder made a tiny mistake- pushing into the tie and bringing his feet too far forward- and Gadson capitalized. Love it.