Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Weight Class Changes

Garrett said he'll go 133 during his post-NCAA interview. He and Mayes are the two most obvious guys who need to move up. The cut affected their wrestling noticeably.

Good news for Cornell. Allows for Cornell to get Macri in there. I assume Brewer to 141, but I can't think of anyone else who would bump up other than Gulibon. DiJulius? Richards? 133 is going to be tough as hell again next year

the one thing that we are learning more and more in every sport is regular season means SH*t!

Who cares if Imar is undefeated I want to see him bump up and wrestle Ringer, whether it be or in All Star or regular season.

Cody Brewer and Mark Cody were interviewed on 107.7 the Franchise in OKC today. Kelly Gregg 3-time 6A hwt champ, who plsyed at OU, then the NFL for 13 seasons did part of the interviewing. Cody said he made 133 easily at the NCAAs this year. The one time he didn't make weight he had just been cleared after a month off. He was asked if he would move to 141 next year. He said he would wrestle at the weight Mark Cody thought would help the team the most. Jacob Rubio from Texas was redshirted this year is a 133 pounder. Trey Blackwell was a true freshman at 141. I think it depends on how big Rubio is next year. He could wrestle at 133 or 141 and Blackwell could redshirt. Personally I'm hoping Brewer stays at 133.