Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Michigan State Administration...CMON

Actually, they have four in-state recruits that have committed. Austin Thompson at 138 has been ranked in and out of the the top 20 most of the year. Logan Griffin at 120 is ranked #20 and has a win over #8 Schroder. Logan Ritchie is a 2 time state champ and Jacob Cooper is a 3 time state champ that has been ranked this year also.

Now given those recruits and their potential, I would bet against them doing much in college. MSU has done a poor job developing talent e.i. Roger Wildmo was #1 recruit at 152 his senior year with a win over Jason Tsirtsis. Not much since. 

The coaches are great guys with passion for the sport but I think most people have given up on their program, even probably some of their wrestlers....

And LemonPie strikes again. Your name fits you well because you always leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth after your post. 

You have never met Nick Simmons nor do you have any close ties with the guy. You have a small sample of a guy during his competition days. Nick is actually an awesome guy that has a lot of passion for the sport and deeply cares about the individuals around him. 

Now I only have a small sample of you but I still hold hope that you are more generous and caring in real life than you are as an anonymous poster. Hope you have a great day!

And LemonPie strikes again. Your name fits you well because you always leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth after your post. 

You have never met Nick Simmons nor do you have any close ties with the guy. You have a small sample of a guy during his competition days. Nick is actually an awesome guy that has a lot of passion for the sport and deeply cares about the individuals around him. 

Now I only have a small sample of you but I still hold hope that you are more generous and caring in real life than you are as an anonymous poster. Hope you have a great day!

Since you seem to know him, do you feel the whole David Rosenfield situation doesn't represent his character?  From an outsider perspective, I never had an issue with his antics on the mat.  However, once that issue surfaced, I lost a lot of respect for him (and Zalesky).  Especially with the Rutgers basketball situation, he would be the last person I would look at to to be an assistant or head coach from a liability perspective if i were an AD.  I'm not saying somebody should be unemployable because of one mistake, but the worst part about it, as described by the article, is the complete lack of accountability that he showed.  I know sometimes the media doesn't get all the facts, so is it your understanding that this whole incident was exaggerated?  

Since you seem to know him, do you feel the whole David Rosenfield situation doesn't represent his character?  From an outsider perspective, I never had an issue with his antics on the mat.  However, once that issue surfaced, I lost a lot of respect for him (and Zalesky).  Especially with the Rutgers basketball situation, he would be the last person I would look at to to be an assistant or head coach from a liability perspective if i were an AD.  I'm not saying somebody should be unemployable because of one mistake, but the worst part about it, as described by the article, is the complete lack of accountability that he showed.  I know sometimes the media doesn't get all the facts, so is it your understanding that this whole incident was exaggerated?  

The reporter, myself, nor you were present when this occurred. The reporting, from my perspective, was bias towards the "victim" and didn't portray the entire story. In my opinion, both parties were in the wrong and could have handled the situation differently. But if you allow one act to define a person's personality characteristics, than you are ignorant. Coach Simmons has many more acts of compassion and servitude than one that he displayed that day. But those don't go reported. Obviously the court didn't find Coach Simmons guilty criminally and neither do I. 

So yes, I do believe the story was exaggerated and/or the entire facts were not present. Competition brings the best out of us and at times the worst. But situational characteristics are much different that trait characteristics. Most people only look at the former and never the latter. 

Roger Kish would be a great pick to take this program over, maybe bring in Jon Reader as an assistant. It's a great school, great campus and could be a great program.  If Minkel continues to stay for the next few years, get used to 0.0 points or zero qualifiers. Almost every wrestler at MSU gets worse, with a couple of rare exceptions. 

I already commented on this on a different thread, but here's a little more. Once Williams left, they have noone to work out with the light weight guys. Chandler is hurt all the time and rarely goes like he used to. They need an entire new staff to turn this thing around.

My vote for the next MSU coach. Current Missouri Coach Brian Smith.

My vote for the next MSU coach. Current Missouri Coach Brian Smith.

I've heard a few people mention him as a candidate they'd like to see there. in what universe would Brian Smith even consider the job for one second given what he's done so far with Mizzou?? MSU has as much of a chance at Smith as they do of getting Cael Sanderson.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

It would take a great offer and probably a new wrestling facility, but it could be done. He has stated in the past that he would consider coming back to MSU.

And given the way MSU has treated wrestling, what do you think the chances are of the perfect storm of a great offer, a new facility, AND a Smith yes? I think it's literally zero.

No reason Michigan State can't be good. Last place at NCAA and scoring Minus .5....Absolutely no fan base...I don't know if there's another Sammie Henson out there but this job can be great for right coach.

You sound very optimistic.    They need to tear down Jenison FH.  It was a dump 20 years ago.

Edited by stp