Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Dieringer Freestyle

He is the best in college right now. Yes even over Snyder and Logan in my opinion. He reminds me of Varner with his position and stance. Doesn't take risks but does have decent offense at the same time just like Varner. He has a tough road at 163 but it would not surprise me if he challenges now. To small for 189 if he is thinking about avoiding the Burroughs, Taylor, Dake, Howe freight train. And 163 is perfect for him size wise anyway. The Open and trials are going to be good! 

Mentioned in an interview he thought it was time to try and make a team and was ready for Burroughs, Dake, Taylor, etc.  Hard to argue with him.  Love to see him vs Taylor in particular.  

Dieringer mentioned in an article yesterday that he thought OK State had a shot to win a national championship and hasn't said anything about redshirting next year.  

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-wrestling-qa-alex-dieringer-capped-dominant-junior-season-with-second-ncaa-title/article/5404831

He is the best in college right now. Yes even over Snyder and Logan in my opinion. He reminds me of Varner with his position and stance. Doesn't take risks but does have decent offense at the same time just like Varner. He has a tough road at 163 but it would not surprise me if he challenges now. To small for 189 if he is thinking about avoiding the Burroughs, Taylor, Dake, Howe freight train. And 163 is perfect for him size wise anyway. The Open and trials are going to be good! 

He hasn't wrestled the caliber of guys on the Senior circuit, and frankly has a harder shot to make the team than Logan.  I am pretty convinced that Logan is gonna find a way to make that Olympic team next year.  Deiringer has a much harder raod to follow to that goal.  Still I can't fault your opinion.  I just think Logan has more international credentials. Both were Junior World runner-up. Logan lost in his finals to Togrul Asgarav the world runner-up and Olympic Champ. Logan took him down though.  Great future for both, as well as Snyder...and if Jordan wants in....him too. He wasn't too far behind Big D. 

Is Logan up with the 143 pound guys for good, or might we see him try to get down to the weight below?  I'd love to see him make an Olympic team, but I just don't 'see him beating out the elite at 143 lbs.  

I think he has a better chance in 2016 than he does this year, what with classes and such.  With 100% focus now on freestyle, I think he has a very real chance to make that team.  The weight is deep though.  

He's not yet in that elite group at 163# with Burroughs, Dake, Taylor and maybe Dieringer, and right now too undersized, but IMar sure looked impressive at ncaa.

Won the finals by MD, and just a Fr.  Don't know of his FS experience, but he seems to have a skill set suited for FS... good on his feet, explosive speed, nice execution, chain wrestling and strong. At 157#, he'd be a tweener, but with a little growth, seems he could be in the mix.

edit:  oops... just getting back to the forum and noticed there is already a thread regarding IMar and FS.

Edited by rossel3

Rosie3 welcome back.   We missed you, I even saw your name on a missing in actions topic. Someone said you were away on a mental health issue.  I wont press for details, that's your private information.  

Have you met Katie?  A new addition to our regular postings around here.   A real pleasure, I'm sure you'll agree.  

With that said, Imar gets eaten alive at 74 KG.   Let us not forget what a high schooler did to him on the freestyle mats last year.

The top guys at 74 KG, Burroughs and Taylor are just way too much for him and depending on injury, Dake may be too much for him as well.   Derringer is a hoss.   Lets leave Imar's name out of that division for now.     Give him 3 years and lets revisit it.   He may be a little better suited for the shark infested waters of 74 KG by then

In any event, glad to have you back, it just wasn't the same knowing you were not well and likely suffering.  .   

Rosie3 welcome back.   We missed you, I even saw your name on a missing in actions topic. Someone said you were away on a mental health issue.  I wont press for details, that's your private information.  

Have you met Katie?  A new addition to our regular postings around here.   A real pleasure, I'm sure you'll agree.  

With that said, Imar gets eaten alive at 74 KG.   Let us not forget what a high schooler did to him on the freestyle mats last year.

The top guys at 74 KG, Burroughs and Taylor are just way too much for him and depending on injury, Dake may be too much for him as well.   Derringer is a hoss.   Lets leave Imar's name out of that division for now.     Give him 3 years and lets revisit it.   He may be a little better suited for the shark infested waters of 74 KG by then

In any event, glad to have you back, it just wasn't the same knowing you were not well and likely suffering.  .   

Hello cletus=suzie

You "saw my name on a missing in actions topic"?? That's not too surprising since you're the one that posted it.  lol!  You are one strange dude.

But thanks for your concern.

Rosie,

we're just glad to have you back.   This place was getting stale around here without you.   Truth be told, I was worried.   Leave word next time with trusted associates to let us know if the white coats come and get you unexpectedly.   Where were you anyways, Gateways?   

Rosie,

we're just glad to have you back.   This place was getting stale around here without you.   Truth be told, I was worried.   Leave word next time with trusted associates to let us know if the white coats come and get you unexpectedly.   Where were you anyways, Gateways?   

"we're glad" ?!??   who is "we"...you and suzie? LOL

again... you are one strange dude cletus = suzie

you can have the last word, as you seem to get off on trolling/stalking.... most of your posts are just inflammatory garbage, worth ignoring