Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Rotundo

Who's your pick for Fresno's HC?

Give me your Vegas odds on who will be tapped for Fresno's program. Will it be an existing CA coach, a head coach that wants out of their existing program, or an assistant looking for what could be a great opportunity (total admin buy in, for one thing). I'd love to see Lou Rosselli in CA. 

Give me your Vegas odds on who will be tapped for Fresno's program. Will it be an existing CA coach, a head coach that wants out of their existing program, or an assistant looking for what could be a great opportunity (total admin buy in, for one thing). I'd love to see Lou Rosselli in CA. 

How about Mark Perry (don't really see him leaving until IMart is done)  or either Tirapelle?

I have a feeling the applicants won't be that strong given the program's spotty history of support. Roselli has a great thing going at tOSU. I highly doubt he'll even apply. 

I'd like to see the Abas brothers get a shot. Gerry as HC, Stephen as assistant. They're two of the best technical wrestlers ever and very familiar with the local scene. 

rhino-

While it's a significantly different situation, Guerrero did apply for the ASU job. I think if he feels the job is desirable and the support system is in place, he won't be tied down to staying in Stillwater.

Couldn't agree more on the Eric Guerrero comment.  I think he would be perfect for Fresno State and get the program competitive from the get go.

Mark Schultz would not be good.   Villanova and Brigham Young are enough proof of that.   Not putting the guy down, great wrestler and successful at a multitude of things.  Coaching just isn't one of them. 

Guerrero can recruit from Blair to Lemoore and everywhere in between. The same goes with Casey Cunningham. These guys know that you can't win titles anymore based on kids from one state alone. It takes a national recruiting effort.

Also, one thing I think the administration would need to be okay with if they want the likes of a Guerrero or a Cunningham is the establishing of a Freestyle Club along the lines of Gator or NLWC. 

If neither of those guys apply, then I am going with Damian Hahn. After that, Mark Perry. After that...

(this all assumes that Roselli doesn't apply)

Buckley would be a logical choice. Hasn't been great at Cal Poly, but did a good job at Columbia, and is a Fresno Alum with real coaching credentials (unlike the Abas brothers, who haven't been around much, from what I know).

i was thinking the exact same why not mark perry.... he has tremendous success with california kids already, and he success when he was at cal-poly

he also has the ability to recruit across the country