Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Dogu

Burroughs and Tsargush have the same world-level medal count (three gold, one bronze). Burroughs has a better international winning percentage than Tsargush. Burroughs is 2-1 against Tsargush, with his loss coming when he was injured. I don't see how Tsargush is even the favorite. They are pretty evenly matched, but if anything Burroughs has a slight edge. That's especially so in Vegas. 

Akgul teched Gatsalov early. Was hard to watch. Big size difference of course but Gatsalov looked old.

Ramonov lost to Novachov (sp?). Anyone know why he's struggling? Too heavy or distracted maybe? I know he recently got married and he's bumped to 70 a few times.

I don't see how Tsargush is even the favorite. 

Since Burrows golden run, he was beaten first by Nick Marable, wrestlin up a weight, then pretty handily by Dennis T.  You are only good as your last match.  Under the new rules Tsargush is the champ.  And pretty handily. Burrows himself has admitted the leg injury wasn't a factor in the match.  Burrows might win. I see this as a 50-50, pick-em type of match. My head says Tsargush, my heart says Jordan.  And of course the Iranian from a few years back could throw a wrench in the plans, if another American doesn't. 

Denniss Tee has a few odd losses, domestically and internationally as well, no? I think Berroes is a slight favorite going into Vegas but wouldnt object to it being called a toss up. but there's also not guarantee either Sargoosh or Geordin see each other at worlds, or, as others have pointed out, make their respective national teams.

but i am glad to see the hype has already begun!