Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Jordan Oliver tweet - Classy

I think he's a classy guy.  A couple of years ago at the Scuffle, I took my grandson over to JO to get his autograph.  I had on a Penn State t-shirt, which he was kind of eye-balling.  So, I said; "Hey, don't worry about this shirt.  It's just some old rag I picked up at a yard sale."  That got a big chuckle out of JO and we had a nice little chat for several minutes. (BTW, he's also great with the little kids,)

Total class.  He could be bitter (see Dake's half hearted applause when Stieber won) as it was ref's judgement that determined his finals match.  Instead he's making a point of telling people that Logan is a 4 timer--period.  #respectamongthegreats

Dake was bitter? A guy won a match and he he clapped. I bet it was no different than his reaction to any of the other matches with the exception of Dean's. What was he supposed to do, jump for joy?

Edited by BigRedMachine

Dake was bitter? A guy won a match and he he clapped. I bet it was no different than his reaction to any of the other matches with the exception of Dean's. What was he supposed to do, jump for joy?

I didn't read bitterness in Dake's reaction either. More like this was a foregone conclusion and he (Dake) is thinking about Stieber's prospects going foreward (if he thought anything).

Silver-medal,

Just for the record, it's okay to accuse Dake of being bitter about Stieber's win, but it's off limits to point out that several knowledgeable wrestling fans questioned Hunter Stieber's heart last year?

Why would Dake be bitter anyway? I think most objective fans would acknowledge that Dake is higher on the 4 timer food chain than Stieber. Remember, Dake has fewer career losses, won 4 without a redshirt, and had no losses as an upperclassmen. In fact, Stieber is the only 4 timer to have a loss as an upperclassmen, and his loss wasn't to a fellow upperclassmen, but to a true freshman. Stieber did a good job winning his 4th title, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that out of the 4 timers, he's at the bottom of the list.

Some more interesting facts: Logan Stieber is actually older than Kyle Dake! Dake won his 4th title two years ago!

Silver-medal,

Just for the record, it's okay to accuse Dake of being bitter about Stieber's win, but it's off limits to point out that several knowledgeable wrestling fans questioned Hunter Stieber's heart last year?

Why would Dake be bitter anyway? I think most objective fans would acknowledge that Dake is higher on the 4 timer food chain than Stieber. Remember, Dake has fewer career losses, won 4 without a redshirt, and had no losses as an upperclassmen. In fact, Stieber is the only 4 timer to have a loss as an upperclassmen, and his loss wasn't to a fellow upperclassmen, but to a true freshman. Stieber did a good job winning his 4th title, but I think it needs to be acknowledged that out of the 4 timers, he's at the bottom of the list.

Some more interesting facts: Logan Stieber is actually older than Kyle Dake! Dake won his 4th title two years ago!

Does it also need to be acknowledged that out of themat.com posters, you are at the bottom of the list? :)

BigRedMachine,

I believe that there are posters who have fewer posts than I do. I'm pretty sure that I'm not quite at the very bottom of themat.com posters list. I could be wrong though.

You are #1 in the self-liking category!

All these 4 timers except Cael had some barely moments, Logan just had the most barely won moments, just a fact. Different refs and Logan is a two timer. Cael dominated just about every match with the exception of the 8-4 finals win over Cormier but that was not close really. 4 timer power rankings:

Sanderson

Big Gap then:

Dake

Small Gap then:

Smith

Small Gap then:

Steiber