Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

Gulibon

How about Josh Deziwa? He was the best 135 pounder in the country and only made NCAA's once going 1-2. Maybe he should have gone to Lock Haven.

Just to help you out a bit, Dziewa qualified for the NCAA tournament 2x.  He was only the full time starter at 141 his Junior and Senior years.  He placed 5th and 2nd at the B1G's to qualify in respective seasons.  Both years he went 2-2 at the Tournament...............

How about Josh Deziwa? He was the best 135 pounder in the country and only made NCAA's once going 1-2. Maybe he should have gone to Lock Haven.

Dziewa was originally a Rutgers commit.  After he won Fargo, the Hawkeyes came calling.

Yes gulibon went from whupping Clark, to beating him, to losing to him at the most important time. As Cletus referred to Caels ability to coach good offense, one would've hoped that he would've widened the gap since high school instead of losing at the most important time. It's just my opinion that he should've gone elsewhere, but lots would argue that the Iowa coaching staff has done a great job getting Clark to make improvements.

Yes, my little buddy bucknell tells it like it is.   When you have Iowa guys improving at a better rate than Penn State recruits, something is very wrong.   Look at other results to the contrary like Jeva, and Evans, stinking it up on the mat, can't get a placement higher than 6.   Gulibon should have been at least top 4 and he should have continued to hammer on clark.   That didn't happen and the Penn State coaching staff has to be held accountable for that.  If Penn State drops a single bout to Iowa next season, something is very very wrong at happy valley.   

And those of you voting down bucknell2  are nothing but exposing yourself as non true wrestling fans and having little kn0wledge of our sport.   

Yes, my little buddy bucknell tells it like it is. When you have Iowa guys improving at a better rate than Penn State recruits, something is very wrong. Look at other results to the contrary like Jeva, and Evans, stinking it up on the mat, can't get a placement higher than 6. Gulibon should have been at least top 4 and he should have continued to hammer on clark. That didn't happen and the Penn State coaching staff has to be held accountable for that. If Penn State drops a single bout to Iowa next season, something is very very wrong at happy valley.

And those of you voting down bucknell2 are nothing but exposing yourself as non true wrestling fans and having little kn0wledge of our sport.

Great post!

don't be surprised to see Mega take an ORS if he meets the criteria in the trials.  Retherford has already met the criteria for an ORS... however, I don't see him taking it.  I would project:

125:  Conaway, RS SR

133:  Gulibon, RS JR

141:  Retherford, RS SO

149:  Beitz,  RS JR

157:  Nolf,  RS FR

165:  pickem (?):  Law, Hammond, Rasheed, Brill

174:  Nickal, RS FR

184:  McCutheon, RS SO

197:  McInstosh, RS SR

285:  Nevill, RS FR

No, he hasn't.

Just shows how bad things have gotten for Iowa fans such as Buckxell and Vak as they resort to trolling with a guy who finished 5th as a sophomore and use another that had to deal with multiple surgeries during his career. I don't remember Moore or Jeva having serious medical procedures during their career and I certainly don't remember them ever placing 5th or even being an AA for that matter. Brooks was also a highly regarded recruit that is also a sophomore and he didn't AA. Maybe he should of stayed home and went to Illinois? 

As I've stated previously, the one bad thing about Iowa losing again is we have do deal with grumpy Hawk fans for yet another year. The silver lining is it's kind of amusing because their ammunition is so scarce that they have resorted to mentioning guys that have placed well at nationals. Imagine if they used those high standards and took a critical look at their own lineup and coaches, lol. 

Like I said fellas, this thread is a major fail. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I didn't mention Gulibon. You brought up Moore and Dziewa, both guys who were lower ranked and had better wins in their careers than Andrew Alton, so I pointed it out. And you can get mad about people talking about Gulibon, but it was I. Response to people mocking Evans.

I didn't mention Gulibon. You brought up Moore and Dziewa, both guys who were lower ranked and had better wins in their careers than Andrew Alton, so I pointed it out. And you can get mad about people talking about Gulibon, but it was I. Response to people mocking Evans.

I think you hit a touchy subject with FlyingTiger.Ouch! But he walked right into it.

Just shows how bad things have gotten for Iowa fans such as Buckxell and Vak as they resort to trolling with a guy who finished 5th as a sophomore and use another that had to deal with multiple surgeries during his career. I don't remember Moore or Jeva having serious medical procedures during their career and I certainly don't remember them ever placing 5th or even being an AA for that matter. Brooks was also a highly regarded recruit that is also a sophomore and he didn't AA. Maybe he should of stayed home and went to Illinois? 

As I've stated previously, the one bad thing about Iowa losing again is we have do deal with grumpy Hawk fans for yet another year. The silver lining is it's kind of amusing because their ammunition is so scarce that they have resorted to mentioning guys that have placed well at nationals. Imagine if they used those high standards and took a critical look at their own lineup and coaches, lol. 

Like I said fellas, this thread is a major fail. 

So let me get this straight, you have to have surgery in order to get a pass of the reason your college career was derailled was because of injury? Maybe you should slow your roll before pilling on Moore who decided to wrestle injured all year. I bet you pile on Hunter Stieber too because he didn't do well at Nationals either with his injury.

Oh wait, you probably appluad Stieber because he is not a Hawkeye.  Funny how you bring up two Hawkeyes, and then call Vak the troll. You bring up anti-Iowa posts as often as possible, but then play it off like you are just presenting facts.

Like I said fellas, you are a major fail.

Typical, name calling, ignoring valid points, attempts to deflect the conversation. No need to respond anymore as you guys fall further into the abyss.

Says the guy who started the name calling by saying Vak and Bucxell were trolling (I.e calling them trolls). You are a riot.

Also not sure I avoided anything, but you sure did. You love to make Nick Moore a punching bag and won't admit he might have been injured, but one thing gets said about Alton and you go off starting a new thread about Sammy Brooks. You can't even see through your own delusion.