Aviator12

Cam Tessari

I know a lot of Buckeye fans, and plain wrestling fans in general for that matter, have wondered out loud how much better OSU would have scored even better with a healthy Hunter Stieber.

Without stating the obvious to that truth, it got me to thinking about what could have been if the Monroeville 4 stayed the course.

Chris Phillips just couldn't find a classroom once he arrived on college campus, but I still shake my head at the thought of seeing what most likely would have been a redshirt junior in 174 pounder Chris Phillips getting sent out following the 165 pounder Bo Jordan!

Cam Tessari is another one, and the reason I started this thread. Cam took 4th as a freshman in the 2012 national championships, losing to Donald Vinson 12-10 in a thriller for 3rd and 4th. This was the same year Logie Bear got his first against Oliver, Hunter took 6th losing to guy against Cal Poly, (can't remember name) and Nick Heflin taking fifth defeating Logan Storley in his placement match, while losing a heartbreaking 8-7 match to Chris Perry.

Boy would have Tessari looked nice at 149 this year?? What is going on with this kid these days? I know he transferred to Hofstra after being let off the team for what was rumored to be a bar fight... But I don't see him listed with Hofstra's team no longer. Is he done completely? What type of eligibility does he have remaining?

Many have alluded to 149 being the more suitable weight for Micah Jordan who wrestled in most if the opening this past year at 157, and the possibilty of Hunter Stieber moving back down to 141 his senior year for his departing brother. Hunter did mention in his most recent interview on Flo that he doesn't get much bigger or heavier than what his current weight that day of 153 was. The only problem with this scenario is the giant hole left at 157 when Demas leaves and no one else on the roster besides Micah being alb to compete there,nor any incoming recruits. You know who would have looked fantastic there? Cam Tessari!

Any comments or knowledge on Cam's situation would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Cam is a good young man who failed to properly balance his freedom, school and wrestling.  He tried to start over at Hofstra but it was not a good fit.  Last I heard he was working and not in school.  Hopefully, he'll find a way to continue his education.  

He did not get into a bar fight.  

Cam is a good young man who failed to properly balance his freedom, school and wrestling. He tried to start over at Hofstra but it was not a good fit. Last I heard he was working and not in school. Hopefully, he'll find a way to continue his education.

He did not get into a bar fight.

So is he entirely done with wrestling/eligibility? He seems to follow the Bucks very closely on Twitter and the like... Could their success be a trigger for he wanting the same life and mat success in his life? I mean it's not like he's hurt or has a debilitating disease. I'm sure there have been several Division 1 athletes who initially lost their way and after being away from what they love learn to respect what they had and come back not taking what they lost for granted. Now I know it's unlikely he is going to come back and wrestle, doesn't appear so anyway, I'm just curious why he hasn't or won't attempt to try again.

The guys who fail because they have no character don't deserve to be mourned. Especially not more than the anonymous back ups none of us can name.

I'm not sure how many people on here have walked the same mile as Tessari, but it is a fact that men don't have a full brain until age 25. People develop "character" every day, and none of those boys are 25 yet.