Sign in to follow this  
judaspriest

How about Edinboro?

Husker Du,

Why don't you attempt to address my points? Why must you take the easy way out an try to have me banned? If you can't address my points, maybe that should tell you something. I'm not making all of the inconvenient facts about Edinboro's wrestling program out of thin air.

Old super,

If you are gonna keep beating your drum get your facts straight. Habat was seeded third with ONLY 1 loss. He lost 3-2 to the defending champ(Tsirtsis). Tsirtsis was seeded 2nd with 1 loss. Houdashelt was seeded 1st with 1 loss.

Edited by MSU158

This is glorious when you have the ignore feature turned on.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by oldsuperView it anyway? No Thanks.
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by oldsuperView it anyway? No Thanks.
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by oldsuperView it anyway? Nope. 
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by oldsuperView it anyway? More of the same. 

For those who need a refresher on how to use the ignore feature: 

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/7666-little-tutorial-on-how-to-set-the-ignore-function-on-the-forum/

Edited by JasonBryant

Old super,

If you are gonna keep beating your drum get your facts straight. Habat was seeded third with ONLY 1 loss. He lost 3-2 to the defending champ(Tsirtsis). Tsirtsis was seeded 2nd with 1 loss. Houdashelt was seeded 1st with 1 loss.

MSU, Habat lost at his conference tournament to freshman BJ Clagon.

I don't even mind the trolling overmuch, but the guy is literally having a conversation with himself and has derailed this entire thread.  Bring out the allmighty banhammer...

Lostnumber, I haven't trolled even once in my entire time on these forums. I'd like to know why you think that I'm trolling. Do you believe I'm not being serious with the opinions that I express on these boards?

With three athletes making the podium, the EWL--one of the smallest conferences--had the most All-Americans of any conference at 149. Even as an fan of the EWL, I was unaware how strong the EWL was this season at the weight.

I'd like to know what everyone believes that I should do. Should I change all of my honest opinions to make a few of you feel happy?

Did you all know that Edinboro was striving for the ncaa team title this year? Is it wrong to hold them to the standards that they set for themselves? That's trolling?

Ladies and Gentleman, I ask you all to really look at what I have posted and honestly ask yourself why you are calling me a troll. If you're honest with yourselves, you'll see that I haven't done anything wrong. Do you all really want someone to get banned for simply sharing their opinion? Holding the wrong opinion is a crime around here?

Other than Edinboro (Cornell doesn't count, they do magical things with money), which other team has finished in the Top 3 at the D1 NCAA Tournament with approximately half the allotted scholarships allowed by the NCAA?

Come on troldsuper, answer the question instead of posing questions. In fact, I'll make even it easier for you, how about since 1990?

Interesting topic.   Add me to the list of those impressed with how Edinboro managed top take home hardware and despite the uneven playing field they have to negotiate on their way.   Their guys were ready and they wrestled superbly.   I'm surprised I haven't sen much written about it thus far but I'd say The coach must be considered for coach of the year.   I thought The Ohio State Coach did a fantastic job as well as Missouri.   

An Edinboro team is what makes college athletics special.   

Bravo! 

Josh Koskeck and Gregor Gillespi both were NCAA champs and neither were anything close to being blue chip recruits out of high school. Koscheck was a 4x AA and GG I think AA 3xs. Also, Jarred KIng was #1 at 160 coming out of high school, went to Oklahoma and never AA (shoulder issues) but transfered to Edinboro and Was a NCAA champ as a junior and placed 3rd as a senior. As for Mitchell Port and AJ Schopp they were both 1x PA state champs. AJ won 135 AA his senior year, the AAA state champ that year was Josh Deziwa. Deziwa was ranked #1 in the country and Schopp was 7th. Who had the better career? Deziwa at Iowa or Schopp at Edinboro?

Very interesting to see the difference in the way two programs are treated when they both fall short of their goals. Iowa fails to win the championship and they are (rightly and justifiably) called out for their poor wrestling. Iowa's head coach is called out for failing to lead his team to the title after being one of the favorites. Not a peep of coach of the year honors for Brands and company.

Edinboro's coaches are praised for failing yet again. No team title, no individual champions and still coach of the year nominations are being given to multiple members of Edinboro's coaching staff. I even heard someone mention a raise for Edinboro's head coach at the national tournament! Imo this is madness! 18 years and counting and zero ncaa team titles. Zero. And 3 individual champions in 18 years! I remember in 2010 Brands had 3 national champions in one year!

If anything needs to be raised at Edinboro, it's the expectations that fans have for the program. It's time the wrestling community stops treating the Edinboro coaching staff with kid gloves.

Even though this is an old topic there is something to be considered.  People love to bash Iowa just because they have high expectations and fell short.  In reality at the beginning of the year most people thought OSU would win and they did.  Iowa made a good run at it.  Edinboro made a great effort, but still behind Iowa and OSU.  That is it people, those three teams did a great job and comparing them is just going to cause a fight.  Edinboro finished well and now they should raise the bar. It doesn't matter what your money situation or location is, to win you have to score more points.