Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Sam Brooks

Isn't that the point of this thread Turkey, Brooks is a stud but he wrestled behind a guy that went 1-2 last season and he failed to AA this season. Since certain hawk fans think that finishing 5th is a coaching failure and the guy should of went to another school, why is it so terrible to point out that Brooks might of had better success somewhere else considering his career is worse at this point? In the end, you can call me all the names you want, but you guys continue to bring this on yourselves. It really is amazing how certain individuals enjoy dishing it out but simply can't take it.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I don't care who someone beats or loses to. These guys wrestling D1 are ALL tough and "on any given day......."

To try and rip on any of them simply makes the "ripper" feel better about themselves I guess. As we sit back and watch we have NO idea what is happening ( ie: injuries, flu, family issues etc.) with any particular individual.

To rip on these guys is childish at best. IMO.

A better route would be to praise your guys, leave the ripping behind.

JH,

Tit for Tat.  Eye for an Eye.  Tooth for a tooth.  Two can play that game.  The sayings go on and on............Just because 2 wrongs don't make a right, doesn't mean it doesn't make the person feel better doing it.

Hey MSU, last I heard,  you took issue with "my tone" when I said Minnesota would be 30 points back on Saturday night. Well I was pretty much correct, yet here you are chiming in as if it never happened. That's the problem with you Hawk fans, in the end with all these back-and-forths, I am consistently proven right and it drives you guys crazy :-)))

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Hey MSU, last I heard,  you took issue with "my tone" when I said Minnesota would be 30 points back on Saturday night. Well I was pretty much correct, yet here you are chiming in as if it never happened. That's the problem with you Hawk fans, in the end with all these back-and-forths, I am consistently proven right and it drives you guys crazy :-)))

your tone is fantastic here. A+

Shows how little I think of you, I have ZERO recollection in the recent past of any issue with you other than you pot-shotting Ness when he lost to Dierenger.

If you somehow want to twist that into me not liking your tone about Minnesota being 30 behind, feel free.

Edited to add:  I just went back and read that exchange to see if I misremembered.  I did not.  You on the other hand.................................

Edited by MSU158

Probably time to let this thread fall to the second page and beyond, but I would like to make a few last comments on the matter since some of you think you can change reality with a few sarcastic comments.

1. You guys keep trying to frame my comments as an attack on Sam Brooks yet the point was that he seems to be being held back, not that he lacks skill. I think he has a lot of ability yet he seemed to wear down during the season. That has been a common theme for Iowa wrestlers although usually it doesn't set in so pronounced in their sophomore season. Also, Illinois fans have commented that he seems to have lost some of his offense that made his so successful in high school. Since there are Hawk fans that feel placing 5th is cause for reflection on school choice, it would seem logical to do a similar evaluation in this case.

2. I think the comments about and eye-for-an-eye and tit-for-tat are extremely hypocritical considering the Gulibon thread was in response to a thread about Mike Evans (by a non-PSU fan, I might add). Where was all your outrage then? Funny how that was just fine yet now you guys talk like Gandhi and Mother Theresa. Simple fact of the matter is if you called out the op (Buckxell) then, this thread wouldn't exist but you didn't. Hypocrisy at it's finest.  

3. Dismissing my comments as a bitter Penn State fan are laughable. I enjoyed sitting back and watching the season unfold. I don't mind a consolidation year considering what the lineup is going to look like going forward and all the prior success. Clearly it's the Iowa fan base that is butt hurt here as they just finished 2nd with two #1 recruiting classes in the lineup with no champs at Nationals or BigTens. That's why you guys are lashing out like you are. Maybe time to step away for a while?

4. MSU, you need to reread that thread again because you obviously took issue with my tone of saying Minnesota would be out by 30 points. But in the end, what's really at issue is why you felt the need to say anything. Someone was trying to diminish Dieringer's win by making excuses so I called him out on it. There were no pot-shots at Ness, just a healthy dose of respect for how good Dieringer was in that match. As I stated previously, you would think after getting run off HawkReport, you would be less combative yet you seem to be worse then ever in some pathetic attempt to fit in. 

I won't post anymore now because I realize you guys will ignore these valid points and go back to name calling, straw arguments and drive by one liners but in the end, just realize these comments will end up standing on their merits while your dribble will further cement your status as bitter Hawk fans.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Where is Dr. Gonzo when you need him??????????

FlyingTiger,

Here is my EXACT response to your comment:

FlyingTiger,

I agree with you regarding Ness's chances of beating Dierenger last season, although I don't agree with the tone of condescension.  Now, I will say,  with the same level of condescension, that PSU has the same chances of coming home with a 2015 Team Trophy as Ness had beating Dierenger last season!

I originally typed the response above to show you your comment regarding Ness was just as unnecessary as mine and equally trollsome.  In NO WAY was I responding to anything regarding Minnesota as a team.  I had no stock in whether they lost by 100 or won by 100.........

Also, if we are going to go by your comment of "Ignoring predictions", why don't you give me credit for picking PSU to fall short of bringing home a Team Trophy?

Finally, you are considerably inaccurate in your depiction of what happened on the Iowa boards.  Many actually apologized for taking what I said personally.  Dziewa was a very touchy subject to many.  As on any board, you won't be friends with everybody.  Still, I am happily posting with the BEST wrestling fans in the world!

One of the more beloved comments of Iowa broadcaster Mark Ironside is "take that Ohio State". I have seen it proudly referenced often enough.

So you can guess what three words i considered headlining as a thread over on that Hawk message board. I wonder how long that, or I,  would have lasted.

I don't think I've ever heard that. Was that something new for the NCAA tournament? Where has it been referenced at?

Among fans on message boards, of course. Last year, the year before. Year before that. Can't remember when I first saw it posted.

He specifically references Ohio State or is it any other team that is competing for a title?

My guess it would have been during the broadcast of a matchup between an Iowa wrestler and an Ohio State wrestler. I don't know if it was a dual or a tournament. I only know I've seen Iowa fans talk (re:write) about how much they loved that "heat of the moment" comment. I have the feeling that Iowa fans would know what I was referencing even if no one else does.