Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Comparing Line-ups - 2015/2016 Season

I'm bored and want to distract myself from doing my job - so thought I'd consolidate some of the posts on different line-ups into one thread to compare them more easily. Some of these are my assumptions/from memory, so if I make any glaring mistakes please forgive/correct me.

tOSU (starting with the champs)

125: Tomasello

133: JdJ

141: KeShawn Hayes

149: H. Stieber?

157: Micah Jordan

165: Bo Jordan

174: Martin

184: Courts

197: Snyder

285: Tavanello/Haines

The Bucks lose Logan which will hurt them in team points, but a lot of core guys return and look to score a lot of points. I think BoJo wins it next season (on account of having Dieringer at 174, see below) and the others all contribute to the total. Very solid lineup for tOSU - interested to see if Hayes starts/how well Micah and Haines could end up.

Penn State

125: Connoway 8th

133: Gulibon 3rd

141: Retherford 1st

149: Vincenzo Joseph ???

157: Nolf ???

165: Hammond/Law R16?

174: Bo Nickal ???

184: McCutcheon R12

197: McIntosh Top 4

285: Nevills ???

The red shirts are out. I expect Megaludis will OlyRS this next season and allow Connoway a chance at a 2nd AA finish. I can't see him getting past the 7/8th place matches, though. Retherford comes in at number 1 in my mine and Gulibon/McIntosh will be ranked high. The question, how well can the redshirt freshman do? Nolf, Nickal and Nevills looked great this season, I expect high AA finishes from all three. I think Joseph gets sent out as a true freshman, I think he's ready and would finally bring some offense to 149 after a couple years of snooze fest matches.

Iowa

125: Gilman

133: Clark

141: Seth Gross

149: Sorenson

157: Grothus

165: Klapprodt//Paddock?

174: Meyer

184: Brooks

197: Burak

285: Stoll

The 2nd place Hawks return almost everyone - with only Evans/Telford causing hits to their point total. Meyer/Stoll should be good replacements and another year of experience should hopefully help out. If they could get Morning* out and someone else in to go over offense with the upper weights I think their chances would improve even more.

Oklahoma State

125: Klimara

133: Harding/Kade Brock

141: Heil

149: Collica
157: Blees

165: Marstellar

174: Dieringer

184: Krutchmer

197: Schafer?

285: Marsden

The log jam issue for OSU is real (a good thing?). I lost count of all the studs they have from 133-165 the next few season, but Dieringer moving to 174 would allow for an extra one to slip in the line up. The question here will be how much Marstellar can improve by the time next season starts. I think the others fall into place nicely - I'd be curious if either Kade Brock or Boo Lewellen get the nod as true freshman. Boo impressed me much more but he's a bit bigger than Brock.

These are my current top 4 for next season, add some others if you'd like and I can edit them into top post. /back to work.

just a few thoughts on Penn St. I think they are set up well for the next few years but might not see a ton of NCAA tournament points improvement across the board, this upcoming season. I think really the main points improvement will come at 141 (duh) and 157.

Penn State

125: Connoway probably scores about the same at tourney as this year

133: Gulibon maybe a few more points?

141: Retherford huge improvement over 0

149: Vincenzo Joseph regardless of who they mat here not expecting major points improvement 

157: Nolf significant improvement over zero. But with Martinez and Realbuto amongst others back, how may points you getting here? 15-18?

165: Hammond/Law R16? not sure they'll see much more here

174: Bo Nickal ??? Great freshman with great future but he's replacing a champ. and with Ringer moving up, very likely you're losing team points here.

184: McCutcheon R12 probably scores about the same as this year

197: McIntosh Top 4. probably scores about the same

285: Nevills ??? replaces an AA and Gwiz, Coon, etc are back so not expecting too many more points here, in fact could lose some.

so to me it looks like across 8 weights it could be about a wash, gain a few lose a few type thing, with the real boost potential at 141 and 157. Let's say they get 40 between those two, added to this year's 67.5 (I think that's right) puts you at 107.5. Enough to have won it this year. Enough to win it next?

133 is not much of a hole for Brock to come out as a true freshman he redshirts

Does no one think Rasheed cracks PSU starting line up at 165? I haven't seen him get much of a chance on any board if he's not going to start what did he get so actively recruited for

Is there another Smith coming down the road ? Pretty sure I heard something about a HS Smith.

A 4X finalist. Three X champ in Oklahoma High School tourneys. Announcers over past wk-were

raving (a bit) about him. Thinking that first name is Joe.

Is there another Smith coming down the road ? Pretty sure I heard something about a HS Smith.

A 4X finalist. Three X champ in Oklahoma High School tourneys. Announcers over past wk-were

raving (a bit) about him. Thinking that first name is Joe.

just wrestled in dapper dan right?

KTG,

Well yeah I guess ?

If it's the Smith kid that I am thinking about, well then………what has he done at tourneys such as Fargo? Is he even going to be a Cowboy ? Anybody help me……help :)

Gosh, I should know this. Hangin' with other wrestlers -and- you guys. I shout know about stuff like this.

Am I right, or am I correct ?

Joe Joe Smith is a stud. Got to watch him at the MO Border Brawl event before NCAAs and online via Flo from the Dapper Dan. He's a goer and is always on the attack, I was very impressed. He'll add to the backlog as well, but I imagine he will RS his first year there. At least he doesn't take up a scholarship spot unlike the others. I could possibly see someone leaving OSU to another school.

I wouldn't pencil Seth Gross into the Iowa lineup jut yet...he has been suspended from the team along with two teammates.  Underage drinking, fighting with the officer, possible theft charges.  Not looking good.

http://www.examiner.com/article/three-iowa-hawkeye-freshmen-wrestlers-arrested-suspended-indefinitely-from-team

Edited by wiedsworld

My guess is most of these wrestlers redshirt, but it is fun to think about.  Arizona State

125-?

133-P.Klein

141-N. Villareal

149-Pagidalao redshirt Maruca

157_J. Shields

165-A. Valencia

174-Z. Valencia

184-B. Staufer

197-Lance Benick

285-Tanner Hall

Michigan basketball had their fab 5 freshmen,  Arizona State could have upperclassmen Stauffer and Pagidalao and a ton of OUTSTANDING freshmen, again I think most of these freshmen will redshirt, but it is fun wondering how they would do.

Returning national qualifier Oliver Pierce should man 157 again Shields will definitely redshirt zeke is creating some very good depth over there can Vilareal definitely hold down 141 and what happened to mech Spraggins and Judson Preskitt I see they're no longer on the roster

I agree, Pierce was a big time recruit and made it to the NCAA's, so Shields will RS. Next year when Stauffer leaves, Valencia's move up and Shields fills in. Hayden Lee most likely wrestles 125. Dalton Brady at 133? I think he had trouble making 133 this year, but maybe he gets that under control. Mech left before Christmas I think, not sure what happened. Preskitt wrestled the whole year, so not sure what the deal is there?

Cornell and Lehigh should both be looking pretty good for next season

Lehigh

125 - D. Cruz - 7th 2014

133 - M. Beckman - 6/6 14 & 15

141 - R Cruz  2 X EIWA Champ

149 - L Gardner or D Longo

157 - M Minnotti - 8/6 14 & 15

165 - D Milonus RSF

174 - R. Priesh RSF

184 - N. Brown- 2nd 2015

197 - E. Riddick

Hvy - D Vollaro or G Wessel

Cornell

125 - D Macri - GSF

133- N Garret 5/2/3

141 - M Grey

149 - J. Gallasso - GSF

157- B Realbuto 2/6

165 - D Palacio

174 - G Picket or J Chavez

184 - G Dean 1/3

197 - Taylor or Congie ???

Hvy - Aiken Phillips or J Sweaney

The Lehigh and Cornell line ups look pretty good for next season

Lehigh 4 AA

125 - D Cruz - 7th in 2014

133 - M Beckman - 6th in 14 & 15

141 - R cruz - 2X EIWA Chp R12 in 15

149 - L Gardner or D Longo

157 - M Minnotti - 8th/6th in 15/14

165 - D Milonus - RSF

174 - R Preish - RSF

184 - N Brown - 2nd in 15

197 - E Riddick

Hvy - D Vollaro or G Wessel

Cornell 3 AA:

125 - D Macri - GSF

133 - N Garret - 5th/2nd/3rd

141 - M Grey

149 - J Gallasso - GSF

157 - B Realbuto - 2nd/6th

165 - D Palacio

174 - G Picket or J Chavez

184 - G Dean - 1st/3rd

197 - J Taylor or ??

hvy - J Aiken phillips or J Sweeney

I heard a few people claim Retherford is no longer a 141...

Really? He was pretty small for 141 I thought. He could have beefed up into the 160's but at his height it seems unlikely. I would think a 149 would need to at least be around 160 prior to the cut to 149. Anyone actually know a source close to the program who knows what Zain's weight is right now?

My guess at the Illini 2015-16 lineup

125:  Jered Cortez

133:  Zain Richards

141:  Steven Rodrigues/ Brock Ervin

149:  Kyle Langenderfer/ Caleb Ervin

157:  Isaiah Martinez

165:  Zac Brunson

174:  Xavier Montalvo

184:  Nikko Reyes

197:  Jeff Koepke

HVY:  Brooks Black

Somewhere along the line the Cowboys and Big Red have a dual this coming year (Feb 7, 2016) . Should be a decent trial for OSU with Cornell

125 Dalton Macri

133 Nashon Garett

141 Wm Koll, Mark Grey

149 Joey Galasso, Dylan Realbuto

157 these three weights

165 log jammed by

174 B Realbuto, Dylan Palacio, Jon Jay Chavez, Duke Pickett, Artiglieri

184 Gabe Dean

197 One of the Scott twins, Jake Anderson

HWT Jeremy Sweany, John Aiken Phillips, other Scott twin

Injuries might determine outcome.

Just sayin.