Sign in to follow this  
gatorroll

way too early All Star match-ups

Is the all star in Atlanta this year? If so, expect at least one Va Tech wrestler. Ohio State should also have a presense. How far is Missouri from Atlanta? 

If Brewer jumps up and Zain doesn't, then I'd like to see that match up. 125 I'd love to see Mega vs. Gilman just to start the fireworks right out of the gate. 

UTC and Hearh Esllinger are involved. This is a unique situation in that we have a GREAT WIBN Chapter, and no collegiate program in the host town. An outstanding group and community will insure a hugely successful Classic.

Edited by John L

UTC and Hearh Esllinger are involved. This is s unique situation in that we have a GREAT WIBN Chapter, and no collegiate program in the host town. An outstanding group and community will insure a hugely successful Classic.

UTC and Hearh Esllinger are involved. This is s unique situation in that we have a GREAT WIBN Chapter, and no collegiate program in the host town. An outstanding group and community will insure a hugely successful Classic.

What about top 20 NAIA program Life University? http://www.liferunningeagles.com/sport/0/2.php

What is the venue?

Edited by Pinnum

I'd like to see Martinez/Dieringer at 165.

I agree. That would be amazing. 

This would be the lineup I'd like to see:

125- Mega-Moisey

133- Brewer-Clark

141- Retherford-Heil

149- Sorenson-Clagon

157- Miller-Realbuto

165- iMart-Deiringer

174- Crutchmer-A. Valencia

184- Dean-Z. Valencia

197- Snyder-Cox

HWT- Gwiz-Coon

What do you guys think? Any chance of an Imar vs Dieringer match at a catch weight? What other matches would you like to see?

Catch weight?    What R U, rhonda rousey?    If they match up they match up at a sanctioned weight or they don't match up at all.   With that said, it's a blow out for the Oklahoma State, national champion.   

Lets work on a match between Derringer and Davis.   And I've got the California stand out if anyone wants to put some money on it.   

Catch weight?    What R U, rhonda rousey?    If they match up they match up at a sanctioned weight or they don't match up at all.   With that said, it's a blow out for the Oklahoma State, national champion.   

Lets work on a match between Derringer and Davis.   And I've got the California stand out if anyone wants to put some money on it.

I have never watched women's fighting does she fight at a catch weights often?

Davis vs Dieringer doesn't interest me that much, I don't see it being that close. Guys like Dieringer and IMar are on a different level. I think the Dieringer vs Burroughs match we might get this summer will be a closer match than if he wrestles Davis. J. Davis is a very good DII wrestler but he doesn't seem to have save flow and movement like a Dieringer. On second thought I kind of hope Davis would actually wrestle a top DI guy like Dieringer so we can stop talking about it.

It's not a sanctioned event so why not use catch weights and get guys from different weight classes matched up? I think it's more appealing to get matches we know we won't see in season.

It is an NCAA sanctioned event. There is an exemption in the NCAA rulebook specifically for the event where it does not cound on the season record. Athletes must compete at weights and follow standard weight loss procedures. (Mobile)

Davis vs Dieringer doesn't interest me that much, I don't see it being that close. Guys like Dieringer and IMar are on a different level. I think the Dieringer vs Burroughs match we might get this summer will be a closer match than if he wrestles Davis. J. Davis is a very good DII wrestler but he doesn't seem to have save flow and movement like a Dieringer. On second thought I kind of hope Davis would actually wrestle a top DI guy like Dieringer so we can stop talking about it.

It's not a sanctioned event so why not use catch weights and get guys from different weight classes matched up? I think it's more appealing to get matches we know we won't see in season.

I agree. It's exhibition, so why put two guys together who will wrestle each other multiple times during the season? It's time to make the all-star-event interesting and exciting. Let's get matches we want to see -- and that includes mixed-weight-class matches and mixed-division matches. 

Why not invite Joey Davis? I think that would be fantastic. He's proven to be among the best college wrestlers at his weight class. Put him up against Crutchmer. (I still want to see iMart vs. Deiringer.)

Edited by Katie

Please excuse the error.  I meant to type Rhonda Rousey's mom and the mom part got left out.   

I don't watch women's fighting either.   I'm very much opposed to violence against women and the women's fights promote violence against women.   I'd much rather see them hosting a cooking show.   Perhaps scantly clad while they cook and bake.   

So it sounds like we agree on the Davis/Derringer match.   If they put that together, there could be real demand for this event.   Feeding an undersized Imar to the beast that is Derringer isn't likely to excite anyone.   Matching him up with Davis, however, I think we'd all like to see how that one unfolds.