Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Ohio State winning good for team championships

Ohio State add to mix

This is good for the sport. Makes team race  even more competiive. They will get the bump in recruiting ability off of the season.  Penn state did and now we add Ohio State in.

Expect these 5 to be shooting for the title next 5 years with no team dominating. Edge Penn State

and Ohio State. Keeping talent pool of PA and Ohio  at home. Keep them home they truly have edge two best states to pull talent from.

Oklohoma state

Minnessotta

Iowa

Penn state

Ohio state

I have all but given up on considering Minnesota a team "in the hunt". Two years ago they had a complete collapse. This year, although not so over the top as the previous year, they still faded a bit.

I would not call for heads to roll, but I also will not be picking them to win in any fantasy pools anytime soon.

Ohio State has more alumni and students than any other university in this country.  I know that tons of Buckeye fans were watching or following this tournament, because of both the team race and Logan Stieber. That is great for collegiate wrestling.

ASU should be improved but they still need one more year before they really start to make some noise. 

Next year I see Penn State, tOSU and OSU as the main contenders. Iowa will be good again but they really don't have the horses to hang with those 3. Minnesota is in a precarious position. They really need to hit a home run with recruiting this year or they may continue to fall from national prominence. 

Minnesota won't fall too far man. Too much talent in that state.  If you are in the top ten, even twenty, you have a chance to work your way up in this environment.

I'd add Edinboro, Virginia Tech, and Virginia into the lower reaches of tier two, with chances to go up a bit.  ASU will indeed be back to the Bobby Douglas days before too long.  

Ohio State add to mix

This is good for the sport. Makes team race  even more competiive. They will get the bump in recruiting ability off of the season.  Penn state did and now we add Ohio State in.

Just how big a bump do you want?  They already have these overall ranked recruits on their roster: 1,1,6,7,9,10, and had a #3 and #8 committ before winning the tile.