Sign in to follow this  
oldsuper

Logan Stieber two redshirts?

Hell, if thats all it takes im definately going to hold my kid back so he can be a 4X HS champ, Ironman champ, Fargo champ and ultimately a 4X NCAA champ. No way Logan accomplishes these feats without that xtra year back when he was 5, NO WAY!

..... "to get an advantage over his opponents"   ignorant statement- he competes within the rules, and to a very, very high level - go post somewhere else .......

I'm just telling you what I heard. I'm just trying to figure out the truth. I've never taken a postion, I've remained neutral.

Is it true that Logan Stieber took a middle school "red shirt"? That is, is it true that Logan was held back a year in middle school in order to get an advantage over his opponents? I've heard this a few times, but have not been able to confirm if it was true or not.

Any inside info Ohio wrestling fans?

Someone once told me Logan took a neo-natal red shirt.

Parents decided to keep him in the womb an extra 9 months to give him a leg up over the other infants. 

Superold -- why did you ask the question?  Wrestlers being older than their academic class is so common it is ordinary.

I just wanted to know the facts. I've heard this about Stieber more than a few times, but was never able to confirm it or refute it. His age interested me when I first realized that he was older than Kyle Dake, the 4 time national champion that graduated two years ago.

Parents decided to keep him in the womb an extra 9 months to give him a leg up over the other infants.

In Pennsylvania, if you turn 19 before July 1 before your Senior year you are ineligible for that Sr year. I could see someone whose if is two weeks overdue in very late June telling the doctor that "we widh to delay inducing birth until July 1 or 2. (I had an office mate who agreed with his wife to postpone her delivery until Bruce Springsteen's birthday, they were big Bruce fans. I was hurt because I am one day older than The Boss)

How is asking a question maligning someone?

Because numb numb you are insinuating some form of cheating by asking the question.  

The kid was of legal age in high school... just like many other people.  

What is hard to understand?  

You "heard" he had an advantage... WHY? because he was of legal age? Just like other kids?

I heard the Earth was flat too... but I didn't go on a wrestling board to bring it up for discussion.

But you know exactly what you are doing... once again, showing your insecurity by trying to question a kid that did more in Jr. High than you have ever done in your life.

The reality is some kids should stay back a year to mature.  Some parents put kids in school too early and realize it is a mistake and keep them back.  Anything wrong with that?  Does it give anyone an "unfair advantage"? NO!!! It is legal and it is their choice.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor... find something more productive to think about other than trying in some psychologically warped way, to put down a kid who just won the NCAAs 4 times.

Leshismore,

I wasn't insinuating that he was cheating. As you know, he was within the legal age limit in middle school, HS, and college. I was curious why Stieber was older than the average kid in his grade. Is that a crime?

Why are so many around here so sensitive?

Edited by oldsuper

I just think when a younger ( two or three years) wrestler beats an older more experienced guy, it shows a maturity beyond his years. Even when he makes it close, we should take notice. Whether he catches up is a different issue. If Picco beats or evens led it tough on Metcalf, that would be a statement. Someone told me Thomasello is just fourteen, I doubted that until I heard him interviewed. Just kidding! He really did grow up this season. May be a real monster once his voice changes.

Jason Bryant,

Why do you constantly try to get people to ignore me? Not everyone is afraid to address my arguments and counter respectfully with arguments of their own that are supported with sound reasoning and facts. You try to stifle intelligent discussion rather than encourage it, how is that good for these forums?

With all due respect, I believe your contribution to this board perfectly illustrates why the wrestling community should try to, at all costs, look for champions/winners to occupy all of the wrestling related jobs before they consider anyone else. The community would be much better off for it.