Sign in to follow this  
manyak

Mike Pucillo announcement

I can change my religion tomorrow, and then again the next day - very easily.  Whether someone was indoctrinated in it since birth feels as though there is a real choice is another issue. Orphans aren't inherently one religion or another. 

You feel that you can change your religion tomorrow. Does it then follow that everyone can change their religion tomorrow? I mean really change it, drop it wholesale and not believe in any part of it anymore? Evolutionary speaking, I believe religious belief can be just as innate as homosexuality. It likely provided some type of survival advantage a millenia ago.

You feel that you can change your religion tomorrow. Does it then follow that everyone can change their religion tomorrow? I mean really change it, drop it wholesale and not believe in any part of it anymore? Evolutionary speaking, I believe religious belief can be just as innate as homosexuality. It likely provided some type of survival advantage a millenia ago.

I can change who I pray to tomorrow, just as I can change clothes or the car I drive. 

I have lived all over the west coast but reside in Nevada now. I use to live in Portland and also lived near Berkley.

I use to work with 3 gay men who handled my way of thinking much better then straight people who feel the need to be PC ever do.

We agreed to disagree and there was respect. However they always knew how i felt.

CollegeWrestling 4444 -- WE ALL know, deep down inside, you really liked those 3 colleagues of yours didn't you ;-))) Wink wink... we won't tell.

Also... did you know that "4" means death in Japanese? With that name it would not be a good idea to travel there.  They are not good human loving Christians like you... and some of them are... well... gay. I mean, you should stay in that puritanical state of Nevada--where there is NO vice at all.

Have you found the religion gene?  It may have provided a survival advantage, or conversely, is proof of how low function we were as a species at that time, as to require self induced fantasy as a way of escaping the reality of the moment.  It doesn't matter either way, religion wasn't given its status in our country based on it not being a choice.  

What's there to tolerate?

Someone makes a decision to CHOOSE a certain lifestyle that isn't natural or moral and we have to treat them as special or brave????

Its sad more then anything that this behavior is being accepted as ok. It's not ok.

I'll let someone with a higher pay-grade determine the true judgement of someone when their life is complete in the human world. Until then I'm sure try to at least be respectful of others is condoned by most humans and gods. Edited by MadMardigain

CollegeWrestling 4444 -- WE ALL know, deep down inside, you really liked those 3 colleagues of yours didn't you ;-))) Wink wink... we won't tell.

Also... did you know that "4" means death in Japanese? With that name it would not be a good idea to travel there.  They are not good human loving Christians like you... and some of them are... well... gay. I mean, you should stay in that puritanical state of Nevada--where there is NO vice at all.

I knew someone would not be able to handle the discussion and have to move to jokes and try to switch the focus on me. Nice job. You can't handle a grown up conversation, go to the high school page.

Have you found the religion gene?  It may have provided a survival advantage, or conversely, is proof of how low function we were as a species at that time, as to require self induced fantasy as a way of escaping the reality of the moment.  It doesn't matter either way, religion wasn't given its status in our country based on it not being a choice.  

No, there hasn't been  "religion gene" or a "gay gene" found. Wrfan, I'm merely questioning why so many assume that one is a choice, and not the other? The universe can be a "cruel" place. It's quite possible that some things we consider to be moral evils are simply natural to some people. Note, I'm not saying that a particular religion is inherent, but the natural proclivity to be a strong religious believer just may be. I actually think it is. Just as strong as homosexual feelings or anything else.

If only Christianity worked the way some of these idiots think. Men have been loving men long before Christ walked the earth and Christ would have accepted them with open arms and loved him.

The only choice Pucillo has made its to no longer hid something to the way God made him, is as natural as breathing. As a straight person doesn't second guess their attract to the opposite second because it is simply in their nature. A gay persons attraction to the same sex is also in their nature.

(I just wanted to put another Christian view out there because we are often represented by overly loud and hypocritical morons.)

God bless Pucillo

You're view isn't a Christian view. Sorry. You're Christian values aren't biblically based and are flawed.

God created man in his image.

He wouldn't create something that goes directly against him.

If you don't have a biblical belief then of course you are going to disagree and get upset and have to resort to name calling.

This has got to the most poorly moderated forum on the www. How in the world is a discussion over the religious aspects of homosexuality a proper discussion for a board dedicated to college wrestling?

Can you point me to anything Jesus ever said condemning homosexuality?

Actually for one who believes the Bible is the word of God there are several including Leviticus, Kings and Romans, among others. Not necessarily Jesus' spoken word, however, but specific references in the Bible.

Still, Christians, "real" or not in the eyes of 4444, are taught to love others as they themselves would be loved. Forgiveness and love are tantamount teachings of Jesus, who scripture indicates is the son of a loving God. He loves sinners -- all of us are -- but abhors sin.

Having had the pleasure of speaking with Tom Ryan and listening to several of his talks, I am confident he fully and honestly loves and supports Mike Pucillo the person. I am more confident God does, too. I hope he finds peace in that fact, as I'm sure his catholic education has created a lot of his angst.

If you don't believe in Christianity then these comments won't mean much to you. But that of course is your absolute right and choice.

As a fellow Ohio resident he has been a great representative of the wrestling community. He has won and lost with dignity. He NEVER quit on the mat. I do wish he could have waited a couple more weeks after the Championship. As stand-up of a guy as MP has always seemed to be, this does smack a little of opportunism on the heels of the title.

If he wrestled for Michigan State it wouldn't have mattered. My Minkel shot for the day.

What's there to tolerate?

Someone makes a decision to CHOOSE a certain lifestyle that isn't natural or moral and we have to treat them as special or brave????

Its sad more then anything that this behavior is being accepted as ok. It's not ok.

I wonder if CollegeWrestling666 lives in Indiana and did he choose his "sincerely held religious beliefs"  or does he believe he was born with them? 

Only read the first few posts of this thread but...frankly, I really couldn't GARA what his sexual preference is............

Exactly, the last thing on my mind when watching a match is who they prefer to have sex with.  If Pucillo wants to share for his sake so be it.  I did not need to know and could care less what he does with his free time.  If 4444 does not share the same view point then so be it too, his business.  The key is not trying to impose your business onto someone else.  

Can't legislate what happens in the bedroom, I just wish I could hide money under the mattress.

Not impressed though. Now if a wrestler came out that he was marrying two women, I'd be impressed but that is a little too progessive for our society right now.

Give it a rest 4444, you don't get to be the arbiter of what is or isn't a christian belief.  We are all aware what your viewpoint is and it is time to move on.

If you go too far then the word has no meaning. I don't think that' s a route you want to go since that would leave nearly all words meaningless.

This reminds me of thirty years ago when I "chose"be diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and "chose" to be in a wheelchair the rest of my life.

You believe Pucillo chose his sexual proclivities?

I wonder if CollegeWrestling666 lives in Indiana and did he choose his "sincerely held religious beliefs" or does he believe he was born with them?

Hey Just don't go judging all Hoosiers by the feelings of a few either. Edited by MadMardigain

What are you talking about super?  

Who gets to be the arbiter then oldrules? If anything and everything is consistent with Christianity, then when does the word really mean at that point?