Sign in to follow this  
manyak

Mike Pucillo announcement

This thread should be deleted before it gets out of hand.

Why, are you afraid what the wrestling community says? Why are you afraid of this? Is the wrestling community one that should be afraid they are bigoted? I suspect they have many (all communities do) who are, but it would be a bad reflection on the community if this were the case.

Good for Pucillo, that he is fully comfortable with who he is and has friends who support him.

For those on this board who are not comfortable with who Pucillo is, especially those who do not know him, well ...

dumpster-garbage-fire-gif.gif

Why is it that the most religious people are the least tolerant, closed minded and judging? Sure seems backwards to me. The more religious the man, the less I trust him.

Ditto, I remember the time when someone being a Christian was considered a good thing. Boy that was a long time ago

I doubt the whole wrestling community is bigoted Scott but the bigots are pretty good at identifying themselves.

Actually, going through thread, it has be heartening. Especially the Christians who are on his side.

Exactly, the last thing on my mind when watching a match is who they prefer to have sex with.  If Pucillo wants to share for his sake so be it.  I did not need to know and could care less what he does with his free time.  If 4444 does not share the same view point then so be it too, his business.  The key is not trying to impose your business onto someone else.  

As pointed out earlier, there are many kids and young adults, who hear very hateful and nasty stuff about being gay, in the locker room. That has gotta hurt. It is for them more than him. You may not care, but there is a crapload of people (both for and against) who do, and even pass legislature that for gay people is nothing short of discrimination. Until "everybody" doesn't care, whether you like it or not, it 'is' an issue for many people on both sides of the debate.

Jason....see if you can understand this....

"By and large, the American culture is aggressively promoting the sinful lifestyle of homosexuality. In the midst of such pressure, many people who call themselves Christians are caving in and accepting this perverted lifestyle in spite of God’s clear teachings against it (Butt, 2003). Just recently, the country singer Carrie Underwood stated that her Christian faith lead her to support gay marriage (Nilles, 2012). In truth, the life and teachings of Jesus Christ could never be accurately understood to lead a person to conclude that homosexual marriage is moral (Miller and Harrub, 2004).

One of the most common arguments made in support of homosexuality is that Jesus Christ did not explicitly condemn the practice. Supposedly, since Jesus never stated specifically: “Homosexuality is a sin,” then His failure to denounce the lifestyle can be interpreted to mean that He approved of it. This reasoning is riddled with error.

First, Jesus explained to His followers that He did not have time to teach them everything they needed to know. He told them that the Holy Spirit would bring to their remembrance all that He had taught, and would include additional teaching that He had not had time to cover. He told His disciples: “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth has come, He will guide you into all truth” (John 16:12-13). When we look to the inspired writings of the New Testament, we see the authors boldly and specifically condemning the practice based on the revelation they received from the Holy Spirit (Miller and Harrub, 2004). Thus, it is wrong to suggest that only the “words in red” are Jesus’ teachings. On the contrary, He foretold that more teaching would be done after His return to heaven due to the fact that the apostles “could not bear” all of it at the time.

Second, even if Jesus did not explicitly condemn the practice (though He actually did, as will be noted later), that certainly could not be used as evidence that He condoned the practice. For instance, where does Jesus explicitly state that bestiality is wrong? Where in the New Testament does Jesus state that polygamy is wrong? Where are the “words in red” that specifically condemn pedophilia? Are we to suppose that the Son of God condoned using crystal meth because there is not an explicit statement from Jesus’ mouth that says “do not smoke crystal meth?” The idea that silence from Jesus on a subject means He approved of or condoned the practice cannot be substantiated.

Finally, it must be considered that Jesus did, in fact, speak against homosexuality. On numerous occasions, Jesus condemned the sins of adultery (Matthew 19:18), sexual immorality (Matthew 19:9) and fornication (Matthew 15:19). These terms describe any type of sexual intercourse that is not within the confines of a marriage ordained by God. Jesus then proceeded to define exactly what God views as a morally permissible marriage. He stated:

Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate (Matthew 19:4-6).

By defining marriage as between one male and one female, Jesus effectively condemned all other arrangements, including but not limited to one man and two women, one woman and two men, three men and one woman, three men and three women, one man and one man, one woman and one animal, etc. You can see the overwhelming logic of such. For Jesus to have to explicitly condemn every assortment of genders and numbers would be absurd. When He defined marriage between one man and one woman, He clearly showed that such an arrangement is the only one authorized by God.

Several years ago a man named Cory Moore “legally married his 2004 Cherry ES-335” Gibson guitar (“Man Marries Guitar,” 2007). He said: “The day I got her, I just knew she was the one…. I know it seems weird, but I really love her—like, really love her, with all my heart. I just wanted to make it official” (2007). Are we to conclude that because Jesus never specifically condemned a man marrying his guitar then the Son of God approved of such? To ask is to answer. In 2006, 41-year-old Sharon Tendler married a dolphin (“Woman Marries Dolphin,” 2006). Jesus never said one word explicitly about refraining from marrying a dolphin. Does that mean His “silence” should be viewed as approval? Not in any way.

Homosexuality is a sin. It always has been, and it always will be. The inspired New Testament writers repeatedly teach that to be the case. Jesus explained that the Holy Spirit would bring to the inspired writers information that they could not handle at the time of His departing. In addition, Jesus did explicitly define marriage as being between one man and one woman. The ruse to suggest that Jesus approves of homosexuality because He never expressly condemned it cannot be sustained logically, nor can it be defended on any type of moral grounds. The person who presumes to claim to be a Christian, and yet supports homosexuality, misunderstands the teachings of Christ and needs to repent and stop approving of a perverted, destructive practice that Jesus condemns (Matthew 19:1-9)."

Folks like you are why people are giving up on religion. 

http://tobingrant.religionnews.com/2014/08/01/five-signs-great-decline-religion-america-gallup-graphs-church/

You're view isn't a Christian view. Sorry. You're Christian values aren't biblically based and are flawed.

God created man in his image.

He wouldn't create something that goes directly against him.

If you don't have a biblical belief then of course you are going to disagree and get upset and have to resort to name calling.

I didn't realize you were God..... I don't believe in you, it is a clear day hear in SoCal...... send a bolt of lightening my way and I will see the light. I'll be waiting.

Edited by sgallan

Random thoughts:

This is very like Tyler Marghetis' story, a Canadian college star and national team guy who came out after retiring. Sounds like both had similar struggles.

Reece Humphery always comes across like a really good guy when I hear him speak. Huge fan. This story is just another example.

I think Christianity is slowly becoming kinder towards gay people, which is great. I'm pretty informed on all the Biblical references regarding same-sex-sex. I'm also well aware that homosexual behaviour in the Ancient Greek and Roman world, which is condemned in the New Testament, is stuff we would call pedophelia, sex slavery, rape, adultery, etc today. Not really the same thing as being in a same sex couple today.

I hope Pucollo finds peace and happiness.

The problem with quoting the Old Testament is then you are essentially stating that you believe in sending bears to eat children, human sacrifice, killing men for refusing to sleep with their dead brother's widow, genocide, turning men's wives into piles of salt out of spite, and destroying entire towns.  Every one of those things is condoned by the Old Testament.

I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't say "Love one another, so long as they're not gay, as I have loved you, but not in a gay way, though."

Well, you can't pick and choose. You either believe or you don't. Pretty simple. Of course, this is a larger discussion than the current topic. This is exactly 4444's problem and many others: you can't figure out what you do and don't like about the Bible. It is an up or down issue.

And if you don't believe in the Bible that is a choice everyone is welcome to make.

444 doesn't speak for all Christians, at least not me - god bless Pucillo.  If Pucillo says it wasn't a choice for him, I have no reason to disbelieve him. 

Funny how religion, which  is clearly a choice, is used to decide whether someone's nature is moral. 

As a good christian, I can accept being gay may not be a choice.   Acting on it, however, absolutely is a choice.   

After the wife left, I abstained from sex for longer than at any point in my life, since i began having sex.  I did this because fornication is a sin I can choose to avoid.   It doesn't make me non straight, I just am not willing to act on my natural urges for sexual gratification with women.   Has Mr. Pucillo revealed if he acts on his urges to be with men?  I think that's a very important part of this to consider when praying for the young man.   I too will be praying he finds his way on to the correct path.    

This is a free will issue. While we are all free to have our own views, we are not free to choose for others. Isis reminds us of the flaw with this thinking. We all get to choose, if there are consequenses with our choices they are ours unless we harm others. Lets get over this and give people the freedom to make their own choices. After all, managing our own lives is a full time job!

I read the article and he never said anything about supporting his lifestyle choice, not once, just general support as a friend.

What do you expect Ryan to say? He has to toe the PC line because if he doesn't all the activist groups will be calling for his dismissal.

It's clear that he doesn't support his lifestyle choice.

It's a choice. Nobody, not one scientist has ever found the "gay" gene that causes people to be gay. It's like any other sickness or mental health issue.

It's clearly not a natural way of life.

So when did you choose to be straight?

Homosexuality was so "important" to Jesus he says absolutely zero words about it in the New Testament.  The New Testament is a covenant that replaces the Old Testament (along with its rules about the size cane to use to beat slaves, damning the eating of shellfish as a sin, calling for the immediate killing of homosexuals, etc.).  Hate gays all you want, but using the Bible to justify it isn't "Christ-like" or Christian in the least.

Edited by Coach_J

As a good christian, I can accept being gay may not be a choice.   Acting on it, however, absolutely is a choice.   

After the wife left, I abstained from sex for longer than at any point in my life, since i began having sex.  I did this because fornication is a sin I can choose to avoid.   It doesn't make me non straight, I just am not willing to act on my natural urges for sexual gratification with women.   Has Mr. Pucillo revealed if he acts on his urges to be with men?  I think that's a very important part of this to consider when praying for the young man.   I too will be praying he finds his way on to the correct path.    

I have no problem with your faith and views (albeit I don't like them but you have a right to them), they are what they are, it is when like minded people attempt to legislate bigotry, often with a highly hateful mindset (don't argue much the history is ugly), is when I become a little (okay more than a little) annoyed. To me this is akin to what happens in theocracies (obviously we are not - but many with the mindset would like it to be so). I

Edited by sgallan

What's there to tolerate?

Someone makes a decision to CHOOSE a certain lifestyle that isn't natural or moral and we have to treat them as special or brave????

Its sad more then anything that this behavior is being accepted as ok. It's not ok.

Hey Bud....You should be ashamed of yourself.  It's no choice. And you're the "morality" police, too?   Don't you want your friends, family members and fellow wrestlers to be "happy"?   Do you really care who another person falls in love with?   Amazing...