141- Zain

149- Beitz

157- Nolf

165- Hammond/Rasheed

174- Nickal

184- McCutcheon

197- McIntosh

HWT- Nevills

Also, how is the recruiting game coming along? Anything new there?

Edited by Katie

125- Mega (National Champ)

133- Conaway (8th)

141- Gulibon (5th)

149- Zain (3rd)

157- Alton (National Champ)

165- Nolf (5th)

174- Nickal (5th)

184- Cutch (R12)

197- MacIntosh (2nd)

HWT- Nevills (R12)

Just guesses without really looking too much into the rest of the field. I think PSU needs Conaway and Gulibon in the line up. I think Gulibon needs to be at 141, Moss needs to be a back up. If they want to contend for the title next year, they can not afford to have any holes. Period. Ohio State and Oklahoma State are going to be stacked.

Who does Nevills have to roll around with?

Alton is my homer pick, IF he gets another year. If not I got 157 Nolf and 165 Rasheed.

Which Alton did not wrestle in the second semester of one of his first 4 years? Even PSU would be challenged to get a sixth year under those circumstances.

Maybe if Moss totally sits out next year they can get him a ninth year in 2018-19

Alton versus Isaiah Martinez wouldn't be pretty. The pace alone set by Martinez would wear Alton out by the 2nd period. Throwing Martinez doesn't work, Ness tried and Martinez quickly countered for the takedown.

Is there actually any possibility of Alton next year for a 6th year at Penn St.? I've seen it pop up in a few different threads here, not sure if it was all the same person or not but it did pique my interest.  A healthy Alton could shake things up a little bit, but who knows its tough to come back after that many injuries, and thats assuming he's even given the opportunity. Any PSU fans know anything about this situation?

Alton versus Isaiah Martinez wouldn't be pretty. The pace alone set by Martinez would wear Alton out by the 2nd period. Throwing Martinez doesn't work, Ness tried and Martinez quickly countered for the takedown.

2nd period? more like the end of the first. I'm hoping the Alton as a champ is a joke. Or he posted after happy hour perhaps.

I had all these paragraphs written about Andrew Alton and just deleted it. I will just keep it simple. He has always been my favorite wrestler and it killed me when when I heard he needed knee surgery right before the season started. The kid can not catch a break, and I was hoping he could put it all together his last year. No one at 149 the last two years could have beat a HEALTHY Alton, not even close. I am hoping for a miracle that he gets granted another year, but from reading so many posts(mainly PSU boards) it does not look good. Whatever happens, thanks for all the great memories kid!

Two things.

One, I don't believe Andrew Alton will get his 6th year, but I concede anything is possible. Two, assuming Zain has to go at 149, I don't think Conaway at 133 and Gulibon at 141 would be wise.  If they did that then the best case scenario at those weights is low AA. but it could even be R12 and Penn State might not score 10 points combined at those weights. Penn State would be better off with Gulibon at 133 and Moss at 141. Gulibon could score more than 10 by himself at 133 next year thus making anything Moss gets at 141 pure bonus. This would suck for Conaway, but I think it would be the best for the team.

The crazy thing is PSU does not need the Altons, let it go...sure they have had injuries but it is also clear they are ready for their careers to be over.

Gulibon to 141 is laughable, I still don't think he is a big 133.

I predicted a while ago that Retherford will be at 149 at some point but why redshirt to avoid Stieber to eventually go 149 which is going to much tougher than 141 next year?

Nolf will be good but there is a big difference to just showing up at the Scuffle and taking 2nd to wrestling a whole season.

Cannot predict on Nickal or Nevills yet, way too soon.

Top 4 teams in no order?

PSU

tOSU

OSU

Cornell

It's wide open with no clear favorite right now.

Chasden, it looks like you have a lot of favorite wrestlers.  You have rfr Nickal placing 5th?!  Is this the same Nickal whose lost to McCulley and whose best college win is over Pickett?

Jammie, didn't your predict 1 or 2 AAs for PSU; a finish outside the top 10; Krolles over Lawson; 5 finalist for Minnesota; a gopher national championship? You would think with Penn State getting 5 AAs and actually finishing ahead of Minnesota this year plus you getting banned from your own teams forum, you would learn to STFU.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Jammie, didn't your predict 1 or 2 AAs for PSU; a finish outside the top 10 this year; Krolles over Lawson; 5 finalist for Minnesota; a gopher national championship? You would think with Penn State getting 5 AAs and actually finishing ahead of Minnesota this year and getting banned from your own teams forum, you would learn to STFU.

He has nothing better to do now that Minnesota is out of it for the next how many years. 

Nolf will be good but there is a big difference to just showing up at the Scuffle and taking 2nd to wrestling a whole season.

Cannot predict on Nickal or Nevills yet, way too soon.

Top 4 teams in no order?

PSU

tOSU

OSU

Cornell

It's wide open with no clear favorite right now.

I think we can predict those three freshmen will be very good. I'd take Nevills right now over Kroells, for example. 

Things that are set in stone if you ask me:

125: Conaway or Mega

133: Gulibon

141: Retherford

157: Nolf

165: Hammond

174: Nickal

184: McCutch

197: McIntosh

By my estimation 149/285 are up for grabs.

Pretty nice looking lineup.

Wish we saw it this season.

Things that are set in stone if you ask me:

125: Conaway or Mega

133: Gulibon

141: Retherford

157: Nolf

165: Hammond

174: Nickal

184: McCutch

197: McIntosh

By my estimation 149/285 are up for grabs.

Pretty nice looking lineup.

Wish we saw it this season.

Penn State has only one heavyweight, so I think 285 belongs to Nevills.