Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Logan Stieber is officially the 2015 Hodge Trophy Winner

If he wasn't a 4Xer, Dierenger wins it this year!  Still, full body of work is a criteria and it would be near criminal if someone as dominant as he has been over the past 2 seasons didn't win a Hodge.

Edited to add:  Dierenger only won 4 matches by regular decision but the closest match was 6-1 against Bo Jordan.  He also won 8-2 against Sulzer, 9-2 against Wantzek and 14-7 against Taylor Walsh.

Edited by MSU158

Career record of 119-3 with 50 falls and 28 Techs.  That means 2/3 of his opponents were unable to go the distance.  And about 5 of his wins were forfeits!  Truly one of college wrestlings most dominant competitors.  Congrats to Logan.  Now, go work an arm bar on the AD from Cleveland State.

Even if he wasn't a 4x champ, Stieber was a great Hodge candidate. He didn't have the major in the finals like Dieringer, but he did win the NCAA Most Dominant award given to the wrestler who averaged the most team points per D1 match. He was at 4.93 with Dieringer 2nd at 4.57. He was also 8th in falls and 3rd in techs. Dieringer didn't appear in the top ten in either of those lists.

Career record of 119-3 with 50 falls and 28 Techs.  That means 2/3 of his opponents were unable to go the distance.  And about 5 of his wins were forfeits!  Truly one of college wrestlings most dominant competitors.  Congrats to Logan.  Now, go work an arm bar on the AD from Cleveland State.

Logan Stieber has 6 career losses, not 3.

Even if he wasn't a 4x champ, Stieber was a great Hodge candidate. He didn't have the major in the finals like Dieringer, but he did win the NCAA Most Dominant award given to the wrestler who averaged the most team points per D1 match. He was at 4.93 with Dieringer 2nd at 4.57. He was also 8th in falls and 3rd in techs. Dieringer didn't appear in the top ten in either of those lists.

We must not forget the near escape vs. The non AA Nick Dardanes.

Guest Kingsland

Why do you say that Kingsland?

Because you bring nothing of substance to these forums.

Because you bring nothing of substance to these forums.

I strongly disagree. I may get a bad rep for refusing to pull punches and treat everyone and everything with kid gloves, but I will continue to post the way I do. I'm ultimately trying to help the wrestling community. The bar has been lowered way too far, someone has to raise it.

You do realize that if you include the 3 losses his true freshman year then you have to include his wins from that year also. No one ever brings that up.

Yes, that's true. What's his record now with the wins and losses added?

Ha has never lost to the same wrestler in folkstyle more than once. Oliver beat him 1 time, Dardanes 1 time, Retherford 1 time, he avenged all those losses. He has never made an excuse for a loss being due to injury or illness. The 3 consecutive losses as a true freshman ended his season because of a broken hand. I don't remember who he lost to that year but it wasn't any of the above mentioned 3.

Only 3 losses. Impressive.

1 redshirt 2010-2011. 4 NCAA championships 2012-2015.

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

It was sarcasm for some crazy, insecure poster who keeps implying that our Hodge winner had an advantage in life because he stayed back a year while in elementary school... sorry I wasn't clearer Ron. :-))))