Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Dake

At this current point he would not catch up to the top 3 greco 74kg, his positioning on his feet needs work. And it takes years to learn partare offense/ defense against good guys! At Olympic time every guy from 70 and 80 will be at 74kg. To break the top 8 wil be pretty intense!

Edited by forrestfire174

At this current point he would not catch up to the top 3 greco 74kg, his positioning on his feet needs work. And it takes years to learn partare offense/ defense against good guys! At Olympic time every guy from 70 and 80 will be at 74kg. To break the top 8 wil be pretty intense!

I agree.  I am a huge Dake fan but I don't think he as at the level of Speiller, Fisher and Bisek yet.  

I think he's better off staying in freestyle. He's the last us guy to beat tsargush is he not? JB will be tough as nails (onviously) and taylor is obviously good, as well - but I think dakes style would go further than Taylor's on the Sr level.

I think that JB, Dake, Taylor + Ringer etc make the US so strong at 74kg. I'm sure many of you have seen the Dake-Tsargush match, but I hadn't so here it is:

http://www.dartfish.tv/Player.aspx?CR=p85865c79339m1726880

It's interesting to watch especially in light of Taylor's getting shellacked. The match starts off and Dake gets taken to the cleaners. For a while you'd think he is going to get teched. Tsargush's counter-wrestling is just so slick and his shots are working. But Dake slows him down and in the last minute gets a take down off a snap (at around 10:00) and then executes a gut to seal the deal. It looks like Tsargush just gives up somewhere in there (was he gassed?). At least in this one match Dake looks a lot more capable than Taylor did, but this is bearing in mind that Taylor's match happened close to a year and a half later and who knows what changed for Tsargush.

I think that JB, Dake, Taylor + Ringer etc make the US so strong at 74kg. I'm sure many of you have seen the Dake-Tsargush match, but I hadn't so here it is:

http://www.dartfish.tv/Player.aspx?CR=p85865c79339m1726880

It's interesting to watch especially in light of Taylor's getting shellacked. The match starts off and Dake gets taken to the cleaners. For a while you'd think he is going to get teched. Tsargush's counter-wrestling is just so slick and his shots are working. But Dake slows him down and in the last minute gets a take down off a snap (at around 10:00) and then executes a gut to seal the deal. It looks like Tsargush just gives up somewhere in there (was he gassed?). At least in this one match Dake looks a lot more capable than Taylor did, but this is bearing in mind that Taylor's match happened close to a year and a half later and who knows what changed for Tsargush.

Also, Dake wrestled Tsargush in 2013 - the year Tsargush didn't even qualify for Worlds.  Not sure if he was as on his game that year - especially since the other Russian (who beat Tsargush) didn't medal at Worlds.

Tsargush was lazy. He tried to flatten out and stall it out on bottom (see that Sajidov match recently posted) and it backfired.

I actually like Dakes chances at Greco better. Bisek is awesome, but Burroughs is Burroughs. So much of modern Greco is gut wrenching, where Dake is very, very good.