Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Ed Ruth

Salas Perez appeared to get injured in the first 7 seconds of the match.  Not sure if it was knee or ankle but he definitely looked impaired for the duration of the match.  He just wasn't moving like he normally does and was able to generate zero offense.

Those key locks (kimuras) were 100% illegal.  Against the joint where Ruth had nowhere to go except bail or get his arm broken.  The ref finally caught on towards the end of the match and cautioned him.

He hiptossed Ruth 4x I think.  But yeah he was injured and prob out of shape and went for broke on his defense putting himself in danger on the way.

BTW Perez looked 50% bigger than Ruth.

I think Ruth has a very promising future and can medal.  Kid's incredible.  Just hasn't figured that freestyle thing out just yet.  Looks like he doesn't quite have the "feel" yet. 

The kimura is definitely illegal, though I have seen it used briefly as a takedown defense a few times this year and not get called (typically released quickly).

I also saw a few front headlock triangles (Anacondas) used this year, and kids got away with it.  I thought the refs had removed the submission holds completely.  I guess not.

oof, haven't seen the video yet. he basically stops wrestling after the 50 second mark. looks like he may have tweaked the same shoulder early at 20 seconds trying to peak out of a headlock. also the Russian bizarrely claps, points at his own left shoulder and then to Ruth at 12 seconds. 

hope Ruth bounces back. never a dull match with him. 

lol @ that russian acting like he really stuck Ruth. Slapping his hands and muscling to the crowd.

I'm not sure that was an act.  

And he did more than just stick him, he physically broke Ruth (or at least it appears that way) and the gestures were probably in reference to crushing one of the USA's best wrestlers, seemingly with ease.  

When you leave your opponent on the mat, unable to stand and in pain following a fall, generally displays following are meant to signify domination.