Sign in to follow this  
rossel3

Agon coverage?

still only a high school junior and Stallcalf scores 1 takedown and gets 2 points cause Pico was being mean with his hands.

Metcalf gets a pass whenever he acts like an ass

HS kid? He's been a professional athlete for years!

still only a high school junior and Stallcalf scores 1 takedown and gets 2 points cause Pico was being mean with his hands. At least Retherford gave it back without the ref intervening.

Metcalf gets a pass whenever he acts like an ass

Edited by ElChangodeAmor

Great job Metcalf trash talking a high school kid they they gave points away for being too mean to you.

I would bet the house if Pico won and acted that way this board would be lit up. And what's up with the commentators calling Picos staff a posse?

Whatever , lol.

Sounds boring. Pico is good but I think his coronation as the next great thing is premature as well as his pro contract being premature. Metcalf has a style that is not very appealing.

I'd trade BOTH of them in for a Welch, McDonough, Ramos, or dedicated Cejudo.

the good thing about henry now is that is money maker is fighting and he has to train to make money, not travel and speak. hopefully ramos' celebration sparked something in him and he gets motivated to compete at worlds or the olympics. he is still our best guy at that weight if he trains and wants to win.

Cejudo is a UFC fighter now in a really weak weight class. He's good too. Probably closer to a UFC title than another Olympic gold.

Metcalf boring? Not so much. One slow match, with a guy who wrestles a similar style. Most of his matches are really fun. Even Sadulaev had a 3-1 match last year.

does anyone think henry goes for the inside trip if the bout had anything serious riding on it?

I think he wrestled 100%. There was money in it and he had nothing to lose. You can't take anything away from Ramos tonight. He delivered. I was very impressed by how sharp Cejudo looked after so much time off. The guy could absolutely come back and be right in the thick of things, might even be the favorite.

Cejudo is a UFC fighter now in a really weak weight class. He's good too. Probably closer to a UFC title than another Olympic gold.

Metcalf boring? Not so much. One slow match, with a guy who wrestles a similar style. Most of his matches are really fun. Even Sadulaev had a 3-1 match last year.

Yup. It's laughable that anyone could ever describe Metcalfs style as boring. Maybe they might not like him from his college days, but style-wise, he's always attacking. He's kind of the idealized version of Iowa style for the last decade or so. The archetype, if you will. Like the Brands brothers or Ironside.

Yup. It's laughable that anyone could ever describe Metcalfs style as boring. Maybe they might not like him from his college days, but style-wise, he's always attacking. He's kind of the idealized version of Iowa style for the last decade or so. The archetype, if you will. Like the Brands brothers or Ironside.

Couldn't agree more. Guy used to put up football scores in college, and has been in his share of barnburners on the senior level as well.

Sounds like a great event all around.   A high school kid in the main event against a seasoned vet like Brent is pretty remarkable.   I wasn't able to watch the matches tonight, hope they get uploaded somewhere soon.   

I've never been much of a Ramos fan but if he's going to be our guy, I'm happy to get behind him and look for him to continue to improve.   

Was Welch victorious tonight?  I couldn't make it out from the posts which way that turned out.