wrestlingnerd

Pico is not making the 2016 Olympic team

The amusing thing is that guy Freeze is running around these boards screaming at the top of his lungs Pico is no threat and isn't beating Metcalf.   

I love it.   For all their anger and contempt, all they are doing is giving the young California phenom more ink.   

Pico was in defense

Metcalf had a tough road to the final (despite losing to the guy who lost to the guy who lost to the guy who won the bracket.   

Brent is in the toughest weight in the world

Metcalf is our 2nd of 3rd best wrestler. 

Brent will medal this year, he looked great at the world cup

his high school opponent didn't sniff a take down

Vak's really changed.  He's now a boring, elitist type.  No fun anymore.   But freeze and a couple others have stood in nicely with their homerism and whining, getting so defensive when someone offers an assessment they don't find 100% jock riding to their guy.   

Does anyone know if freeze is from Michigan?  He rides Metcalf so hard, he resembles a gnat hovering around a dog's organ.   

I love how you collect information about a topic and pin it all on all people that state a point. 95% of the statements you made about me are false and were never typed from my keyboard. What I did say is that Pico will not compete at a higher level than Metcalf at the international level. I never said he wasn't a threat to beat him because obviously, if a wrestler doesn't do anything for 5 minutes and keeps it close and then gets off one good shot, he will then have an opportunity to beat him. If Pico opens up early, it could get ugly for him. 

I never said Metcalf was going to medal this year. I never said that 65 kg was the toughest weight in the world. I never said he had the toughest road at worlds. 

The sad part is that I took 5 minutes out of my day to respond to a troll that has contributed nothing to this board in terms of good content and discussion. You are parasite to the board and ignorant in every facet. I apologize to myself for responding to your ignorance. 

Lastly, if you think Pico gets on these boards and uses "bad talk" about him to motivate him to beat Metcalf, you are seriously deranged. A wrestler like Pico wrestlers for himself and not no one else. To be elite, you can't be distracted by what people say about you and I am sure Pico has that mindset. 

Edited by FreezeWrestling

Have to agree with Freeze here. Not sure why people are even complaining or talking about Metcalf in a negative light in the World Cup thread. 4-0 beating some top talent!. Also Pico talk? Why? he didn't even come off the bench all weekend. Now this Coleman Scott fellow on the other hand....

Have to agree with Freeze here. Not sure why people are even complaining or talking about Metcalf in a negative light in the World Cup thread. 4-0 beating some top talent!. Also Pico talk? Why? he didn't even come off the bench all weekend. Now this Coleman Scott fellow on the other hand....

I hope somehow Steiber can get down to 61 kg. If Scott is out best hope, we are in trouble for any type of medal contention. He has the talent, but his conditioning was sad for such a high level event. 

I love how you collect information about a topic and pin it all on all people that state a point. 95% of the statements you made about me are false and were never typed from my keyboard. What I did say is that Pico will not compete at a higher level than Metcalf at the international level. I never said he wasn't a threat to beat him because obviously, if a wrestler doesn't do anything for 5 minutes and keeps it close and then gets off one good shot, he will then have an opportunity to beat him. If Pico opens up early, it could get ugly for him. 

I never said Metcalf was going to medal this year. I never said that 65 kg was the toughest weight in the world. I never said he had the toughest road at worlds. 

The sad part is that I took 5 minutes out of my day to respond to a troll that has contributed nothing to this board in terms of good content and discussion. You are parasite to the board and ignorant in every facet. I apologize to myself for responding to your ignorance. 

Lastly, if you think Pico gets on these boards and uses "bad talk" about him to motivate him to beat Metcalf, you are seriously deranged. A wrestler like Pico wrestlers for himself and not no one else. To be elite, you can't be distracted by what people say about you and I am sure Pico has that mindset. 

Freeze, read it again.   I didn't say you made those comments.   I said "they", referring back to the handful of posts made by a few who are defensive about Pico's chances.  I'm actually glad we disagree.   I can't imagine what it's like being in your circle jerk, just agreeing with each other and never entertaining a different perspective.    

I thought Metcalf did fantastic this weekend.   I actually expected as much from him because that's what we've come to expect.   My assessment is he's right on track with where he has recently elevated his game since the weight change and rule changes.   He's not showing any signs of falling off.  

I also think Pico continues to improve and impress at a rate greater than anyone else in the US.   I mean he just performed better against Metcalf than any of Brent's opponents at the world Cup.   For some reason this bothers you and you some how take that as a slight against Brent.    I get it, he's your home town boy and when's the last time Michigan produced anyone of note?  It makes sense.   But all you're doing is exposing yourself.   

I never cared much for Brent, he was a jerk and a terrible sportsman.   Gable came out and said he thought Brent had some mental issues to clear up before he could get to the next level.  Gable said this and although from a message board that would be difficult to assess, when Gable says it, it sort of means something.   

But what did he do?   He turned it around.   He grew up and despite his surrounds even.   Now I can get behind the guy and support him as one of USAs best.  Same with Ramos.   A complete immature jerk in college, appears to be turning it around.   And guess what?  I can get behind that guy too.   But a genuine nice kid like Pico comes along and you can't keep your thong out of your crack, you're so threatened by him.   Dude you're at least of high school age, if not an adult.   Don't let words on a   message board disrupt your life so much.   Having to apologize to yourself?   Go to class freeze, you're going to be late.   

So Metcalf was a jerk and a terrible sportsman.. And Ramos was a complete immature jerk.. But Pico is a genuine nice kid. Got it Cletus. You have exposed yourself. We see where you stand.

Ground breaking, isn't it?  I bet you've never heard the above described in such a manner.   But are you surprised?  Wasn't it their coach who said he wants his guys to be dicks?  Yeah I think it was.   You know what the good thing about that was?  We see where he stands.   

Freeze, read it again.   I didn't say you made those comments.   I said "they", referring back to the handful of posts made by a few who are defensive about Pico's chances.  I'm actually glad we disagree.   I can't imagine what it's like being in your circle jerk, just agreeing with each other and never entertaining a different perspective.    

I thought Metcalf did fantastic this weekend.   I actually expected as much from him because that's what we've come to expect.   My assessment is he's right on track with where he has recently elevated his game since the weight change and rule changes.   He's not showing any signs of falling off.  

I also think Pico continues to improve and impress at a rate greater than anyone else in the US.   I mean he just performed better against Metcalf than any of Brent's opponents at the world Cup.   For some reason this bothers you and you some how take that as a slight against Brent.    I get it, he's your home town boy and when's the last time Michigan produced anyone of note?  It makes sense.   But all you're doing is exposing yourself.   

I never cared much for Brent, he was a jerk and a terrible sportsman.   Gable came out and said he thought Brent had some mental issues to clear up before he could get to the next level.  Gable said this and although from a message board that would be difficult to assess, when Gable says it, it sort of means something.   

But what did he do?   He turned it around.   He grew up and despite his surrounds even.   Now I can get behind the guy and support him as one of USAs best.  Same with Ramos.   A complete immature jerk in college, appears to be turning it around.   And guess what?  I can get behind that guy too.   But a genuine nice kid like Pico comes along and you can't keep your thong out of your crack, you're so threatened by him.   Dude you're at least of high school age, if not an adult.   Don't let words on a   message board disrupt your life so much.   Having to apologize to yourself?   Go to class freeze, you're going to be late.   

I'm sure that I'm not the only one interested in seeing/reading that interview. Do you have a source?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one interested in seeing/reading that interview. Do you have a source?

No, I'm certainly not tech savvy enough for that.   

It was years ago.   If I recall the events correctly, Brent had just been defeated in the NCAA final and he had competed in Cuba, in freestyle.   He was defeated there as well.   The video shows Brent at home with his dog.   He was looking really down and in the dumps.   Forgive me if i'm mixing up events or have them out of order.  At my age, these things all blend together.   Gable gave his assessment.   He told us Brent needed to snap out of it (I'm paraphrasing).    iirc, he said he needed to start having fun and enjoying himself.   He pointed to the mental aspect needing of some maintenance.   There are some old timers on the board who will remember it, but if you're as tech limited as I am, good luck locating the video.   Perhaps one of the Iowa guys (Rosie perhaps) has it saved.   

Again, I have never once bashed Pico or shown any angst against because he came close to beating my "homeboy" Metcalf. And what do you mean exposing myself? That I like Metcalf and the way he wrestles? If that is the case, I guess so. You expose yourself as a egotistical jerk. 

And I will go back to class, I am 2 years removed from my PhD. Good day sir

It was years ago.   If I recall the events correctly, Brent had just been defeated in the NCAA final and he had competed in Cuba, in freestyle.   He was defeated there as well.   The video shows Brent at home with his dog.   He was looking really down and in the dumps.   Forgive me if i'm mixing up events or have them out of order.  At my age, these things all blend together.   Gable gave his assessment.   He told us Brent needed to snap out of it (I'm paraphrasing).    iirc, he said he needed to start having fun and enjoying himself.   He pointed to the mental aspect needing of some maintenance.   There are some old timers on the board who will remember it, but if you're as tech limited as I am, good luck locating the video.   Perhaps one of the Iowa guys (Rosie perhaps) has it saved.   

Could this be it?  http://www.dailyiowan.com/2009/07/20/Sports/12128.html

Again, I have never once bashed Pico or shown any angst against because he came close to beating my "homeboy" Metcalf. And what do you mean exposing myself? That I like Metcalf and the way he wrestles? If that is the case, I guess so. You expose yourself as a egotistical jerk. 

JaJaJaJa!

And Vak's the senior attorney at his law firm.   

I'll tell you, we're going to hell in a hand basket with the characters we have leading the way.

Freeze, you're an emotional mess.   Lets end this conversation before you slit your wrists.  

I'm sure Brent will be just fine.   

Brent was always intense, but he definitely went through some tough years after the loss of his brother where he didn't appear (not claiming to know his personal perspective) to be enjoying himself on the mat and maybe directing his energy positively.  I'm sure we can all respect that life is both a struggle and a journey, and be glad to see him doing so well now.  He wrestled lights-out at the world cup, and the world championships at that weight is a pretty unforgiving measuring stick for anyone in the world.

It was years ago. If I recall the events correctly, Brent had just been defeated in the NCAA final and he had competed in Cuba, in freestyle. He was defeated there as well. The video shows Brent at home with his dog. He was looking really down and in the dumps. Forgive me if i'm mixing up events or have them out of order. At my age, these things all blend together. Gable gave his assessment. He told us Brent needed to snap out of it (I'm paraphrasing). iirc, he said he needed to start having fun and enjoying himself. He pointed to the mental aspect needing of some maintenance. There are some old timers on the board who will remember it, but if you're as tech limited as I am, good luck locating the video. Perhaps one of the Iowa guys (Rosie perhaps) has it saved.

I just think it's neat Metcalf has such great fans like yourself Cletus. You really are passionate and interested in the guy! Edited by Buckxell

Great find.   What I was referring to is a video but the article is pretty much describing the video.   It's been so long.

I have a tough time remembering to change my shorts every other day, let alone where to locate a video from last decade.   

I just think it's neat Metcalf has such great fans like yourself Cletus. You really are passionate and interested in the guy!

Bucky I'd be lying to you if I accepted all the credit.   Truth is if Brent was not representing the good ol US of A, I probably wouldn't even keep up with much about him.   And that's my short coming.   It would be my loss.   Brent has turned it around.  He has grown up.   He seems like a fine example of what a man should be, in terms of dedication, commitment, respect, and honorable treatment of others.   

Bucky, from your posts recently, I've gotten to take a liking to you.   Tell you what hoss, I'll be down at worlds in September, and I'll pick out a shirt for yuo.   What size you wear, extra small? 

Freeze, don't get too caught up in what cletus posts.

There is a high probability that he was banned under his previous name, "suzie" after getting too insulting and inflammatory. So he cleaned up his potty mouth, got a new identity and is back, and posting pretty similar garbage - generally insulting Iowa wrestlers and coaches and attacking anyone who points out his errors or disagrees with him.

Cletus is in need of therapy.

Bucky I'd be lying to you if I accepted all the credit. Truth is if Brent was not representing the good ol US of A, I probably wouldn't even keep up with much about him. And that's my short coming. It would be my loss. Brent has turned it around. He has grown up. He seems like a fine example of what a man should be, in terms of dedication, commitment, respect, and honorable treatment of others.

Bucky, from your posts recently, I've gotten to take a liking to you. Tell you what hoss, I'll be down at worlds in September, and I'll pick out a shirt for yuo. What size you wear, extra small?

Thanks! And don't sell yourself short Cletus. You are one of the biggest supporters of a wide variety of wrestlers on these boards. You just love these young men!

Bucky, I'm going to add you on to my Christmas card list.   A lot of members of this board think you're a young punk kid, running around with a piss on all day and can't focus on classes, hiding your stiffy under a cell phone.    I'll tell you sonnn, you alright with Ol' Cletus.   

You run into0 those dorks, Vag atack, kok freeze, or Rosie3 palms, stay clear.  

Bucky, I'm going to add you on to my Christmas card list. A lot of members of this board think you're a young punk kid, running around with a piss on all day and can't focus on classes, hiding your stiffy under a cell phone. I'll tell you sonnn, you alright with Ol' Cletus.

You run into0 those dorks, Vag atack, kok freeze, or Rosie3 palms, stay clear.

Thanks Cletus... Now I know you're a fan of lots of wrestlers, especially the young ones like Pico... Kinda like how a school girl is a fan of Justin Beiber.

I'm a fan of your posts. However, I just wanted to make one thing clear... That's where it ends. I'm not interested. I can see that you're constantly thinking of my erections and you're trying to get me into an extra small shirt... And now trying to get my address for a 'Xmas card'.. That's the stuff of predators. Let's get back on topic and try to control your urges, ok?

Thanks Cletus... Now I know you're a fan of lots of wrestlers, especially the young ones like Pico... Kinda like how a school girl is a fan of Justin Beiber.

I'm a fan of your posts. However, I just wanted to make one thing clear... That's where it ends. I'm not interested. I can see that you're constantly thinking of my erections and you're trying to get me into an extra small shirt... And now trying to get my address for a 'Xmas card'.. That's the stuff of predators. Let's get back on topic and try to control your urges, ok?

I just Googled Justin Beiber.   Feisty little fire cracker.  

I see he's running around all over the world getting into fist fights.   He just got thrown out of a party named Coachella in California and was placed in a headlock by security as he was tossed out.   Ha Ha, Bucky your generation is something else.   I'll never understand it, men marrying men, kids being bullied, limited outdoor activities, video games on ones phones.   Bucky when I was a kid we ran in the woods.   We hunted and fished.   Bucky we interacted in person and we developed social skills.   I think the guys pick on you on this site because from how you post, it's clear you're very self conscious and insecure.    I'll shoot you a PM with some studies and research on your personality type disorder.   I wont share it here, that's your private business.   

Bucky, keep in mind if the bullys on this site wont relent, you let ol Cletus know and I'll see to it they're dealt with.   

I just Googled Justin Beiber.   Feisty little fire cracker.  

I see he's running around all over the world getting into fist fights.   He just got thrown out of a party named Coachella in California and was placed in a headlock by security as he was tossed out.   Ha Ha, Bucky your generation is something else.   I'll never understand it, men marrying men, kids being bullied, limited outdoor activities, video games on ones phones.   Bucky when I was a kid we ran in the woods.   We hunted and fished.   Bucky we interacted in person and we developed social skills.   I think the guys pick on you on this site because from how you post, it's clear you're very self conscious and insecure.    I'll shoot you a PM with some studies and research on your personality type disorder.   I wont share it here, that's your private business.   

Bucky, keep in mind if the bullys on this site wont relent, you let ol Cletus know and I'll see to it they're dealt with.   

you developed social skills?!?

what happened to them?

I just Googled Justin Beiber. Feisty little fire cracker.

I see he's running around all over the world getting into fist fights. He just got thrown out of a party named Coachella in California and was placed in a headlock by security as he was tossed out. Ha Ha, Bucky your generation is something else. I'll never understand it, men marrying men, kids being bullied, limited outdoor activities, video games on ones phones. Bucky when I was a kid we ran in the woods. We hunted and fished. Bucky we interacted in person and we developed social skills. I think the guys pick on you on this site because from how you post, it's clear you're very self conscious and insecure. I'll shoot you a PM with some studies and research on your personality type disorder. I wont share it here, that's your private business.

Very creepy that you were recently incapable of using Google to research a wrestling news link but when it came to Beiber you were all over it. Anyways, at least you're not in the denial stage... Keep making progress buddy... Control those urges. This forum is pulling for you to get the help you need. I'm just glad J Oliver is too old for you now and Pico only has a short time left. I will be notifying Spencer Lee's parents about you. Lets get back to talking wrestling, ok? Thanks Edited by Buckxell