Sign in to follow this  
ERBPAC

Mike Disabato

Saw him make some pretty nasty remarks to people on twitter when folks were complaining about the feed going out during the AGON V event. What is the deal with this guy? If I were an athlete, I don't know why I would ever want to be sponsored by the guy or wear any of his Cage fighter gear, seems very unprofessional and childish.

Edited by ERBPAC

Par for the course with him. If you get the chance, steer people away from doing business with this guy. It's amazing he still keeps roping wrestlers in with empty promises. Pretty sure both Dake and Burroughs (among many others) have had business deals go south with Cage Fighter.

Grade A snake oil salesman.  I like the event idea and it may very well "help" wrestling.  But by no means is that his motivation for putting it on.  He sees dollar signs only.  Don't know how close a relationship he keeps with tOSU and that program, but I can't imagine Tom Ryan wanting him that close to his athletes.  Wrestlers respond to him on twitter, Oliver and Stieber to name a few, and I guess if you have a chance to make some money by wrestling in one of his events that makes sense.  But what he's done to Herbert and Burroughs is inexcusable, IMO.  Cormier is on board with him and thats surprising.  Askren was on board, not sure his current relationship.   Guy is unprofessional, at best. 

I have been blocked by Crazy Mike because I had opposing views regarding how he ran things. Doesn't make sense that this guy burns all these bridges. I am sorry, but I will not spend one dime with this guy or his company, ever. I don't care if somehow he gets George Bush and Barack Obama in a ring together. He is not a good person and even a worst business man 

I enjoy poking him on twitter and was on the receiving end of some of the comments this weekend. Some of it was because of our history, and some was because that's who he is. His account had been deactivated for about a month leading up to this weekend. I figured he had some legal counsel telling him to shut it down. It is quite entertaining to watch him defend his business practices and then explode and expose his true colors. He must be paying Cormier nicely for him to endorse that brand. Only a matter of time before that deal goes south. I can't believe he is actually bringing the CF shoe to market. The very best shoe would have trouble breaking Adidas and Asics stranglehold on the market. Even Nike doesn't do well in the market space and he brings a shoes that looks like garbage and thinks people will wear it, laughable.

For those who don't know who Mike is, he is the owner of Cage Fighter, a MMA/Wrestling clothing brand. He has also sponsored athletes such as Ben Askren, Urijah Faber, and Daniel Cormier among others. Mike is also in charge of the AGON wrestling events. I apologize for not making this clear in my original post.

Edited by ERBPAC

Mike Disabato.  Haha, I remember this guy.  We had him for a camp counselor at OSU. What an idiot.  He tried those strong arm tactics with the guys on my floor at camp. He got to the point where he took us out at midnight to condition us bc we were talking in our rooms.  He said he would run us until we quit the camp. Two and a half hours later, he gave up and walked inside.  After that, we basically hazed the heck out of him for the rest of camp.  Not very mature by us, but it was so much fun almost bringing that guy to tears.  Big bully with no stones. On the other hand, his brother Adam is one of the coolest people I met there. Cannot believe those two are related. 

Mike Disabato.  Haha, I remember this guy.  We had him for a camp counselor at OSU. What an idiot.  He tried those strong arm tactics with the guys on my floor at camp. He got to the point where he took us out at midnight to condition us bc we were talking in our rooms.  He said he would run us until we quit the camp. Two and a half hours later, he gave up and walked inside.  After that, we basically hazed the heck out of him for the rest of camp.  Not very mature by us, but it was so much fun almost bringing that guy to tears.  Big bully with no stones. On the other hand, his brother Adam is one of the coolest people I met there. Cannot believe those two are related. 

Brothers Andy and Adam finished third in the NCAA's.