Sign in to follow this  
dhun

Who had a better career Dake or Stieber?

The Big Ten is by far the hardest tourny to win, nearly as hard to win as the NCAA. Logan won that 4 times. Logan won NCAA four times.  He is the only guy to do that. Cael may have. Pat Smith would have had a hard time winning 4 Big Tens the way it was loaded then, and Dake would have had to wrestle Reese Humphrey one more time, Taylor won more time, and two others.  So Logan has achieved the ultimate. The others may have but didn't have the opportunity.  

So Logan won 2 state junior high titles, 4 state High School titles, 4 Big ten titles, and 4 NCAA titles.  Freaking unheard of.  

The Big Ten is by far the hardest tourny to win, nearly as hard to win as the NCAA. Logan won that 4 times. Logan won NCAA four times.  He is the only guy to do that. Cael may have. Pat Smith would have had a hard time winning 4 Big Tens the way it was loaded then, and Dake would have had to wrestle Reese Humphrey one more time, Taylor won more time, and two others.  So Logan has achieved the ultimate. The others may have but didn't have the opportunity.  

So Logan won 2 state junior high titles, 4 state High School titles, 4 Big ten titles, and 4 NCAA titles.  Freaking unheard of.  st

Who stopped reading this after the first sentence

Dake running the table against Taylor his senior year is what gives him the edge imo.  Its hard to think of a more hyped matchup in college between two all time greats.  When was the last time we had two guys who are in the discussion of best ever lock horns like that in college?

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

I have to agree it's Steiber.  

4 Big 10 titles to go with 4 NCAA titles    

Lets not forget his points scored at the NCAA tournament.   I just saw a thread here where it has him at #2 all time, only behind Cael.   

Lets not forget Steiber also was critical to winning a team title.   

They both beat 1 time champs to win NCAA titles (Taylor and Oliver) who eventually became 2 time champs and 4 time All Americans.  STeiber did it as a frosh, Dake did it as a senior.

and in case anyone cares, he won a Hodge as well (as did Dake).

Two top notch, outstanding wrestlers but I just can't make a case for Dake when we match up the accomplishments  

I have to agree it's Steiber.  

4 Big 10 titles to go with 4 NCAA titles    

Lets not forget his points scored at the NCAA tournament.   I just saw a thread here where it has him at #2 all time, only behind Cael.   

Lets not forget Steiber also was critical to winning a team title.   

They both beat 1 time champs to win NCAA titles (Taylor and Oliver) who eventually became 2 time champs and 4 time All Americans.  STeiber did it as a frosh, Dake did it as a senior.

and in case anyone cares, he won a Hodge as well (as did Dake).

Two top notch, outstanding wrestlers but I just can't make a case for Dake when we match up the accomplishments  

Dake, Stieber didn't beat Oliver, the refs did.

So Logan won 2 state junior high titles, 4 state High School titles, 4 Big ten titles, and 4 NCAA titles.  Freaking unheard of.  

Actually 3 junior high titles. 

So which of the big guns played 4 years of high school football?

(I'm expanding the definition of career)

Really? Is that why they had to actually CHANGE the rule after that year to make that situation a takedown?  

Steiber won and the refs went by the rule book, get over it.

I can't believe people are using that argument. 

Stieber can lay claim to being a five-time CKLV placewinner:

2010:  6th

2011:  1st

2012:  1st

2013:  1st

2014:  1st

Don't think Dake can say he's placed five times in the same collegiate event as an attached wrestler.

Bull ****.  Logan was not awarded a takedown in the first period when he got behind Oliver and Oliver had both hands on the mat. Oliver reacted very quickly and Logan was not awarded a takedown though all criteria was established to have a takedown.  The same thing happened in the third period, so the refereeing was, in fact, consistent.  If you award Oliver two at the end, then you need to rewatch the first period and award two to Stieber. Also, you just beed to let it go.  

Bottom line: who cares? We have 4 4 time national champs and the only thing people can do is disrespect and dishonor them. Keep arguing Logan got beat until the day you die, teach your kid to do it, then pass the fact that Logan got taken down in the third and it won't change anything and make you look like a whiney loser.  

Stieber can lay claim to being a five-time CKLV placewinner:

2010:  6th

2011:  1st

2012:  1st

2013:  1st

2014:  1st

Don't think Dake can say he's placed five times in the same collegiate event as an attached wrestler.

This should just prove it for Dake as he did did not need a RS year. Do you believe Stieber would have won a title his true freshmen year? As for someone else comment about 4 Big 10 titles and 4 national titles Kellen Russell won 4 Big 10 titles and only AA 3 times. Also in 2015 there were only 2 AA's from the Big 10. In 2014 also only 2 AA's from the Big 10. In 2013 there were 4 AA's from the big 10. and in 2012 probably the toughest year at big 10's with 5 AA's at his weight.  So it looks to me like the first 2 Big titles were probably the toughest. Dake also be Taylor multiple times and by your standards wouldn't beating a 4 time Big champ be better than actually winning 4 Big titles?  

This should just prove it for Dake as he did did not need a RS year. Do you believe Stieber would have won a title his true freshmen year? As for someone else comment about 4 Big 10 titles and 4 national titles Kellen Russell won 4 Big 10 titles and only AA 3 times. Also in 2015 there were only 2 AA's from the Big 10. In 2014 also only 2 AA's from the Big 10. In 2013 there were 4 AA's from the big 10. and in 2012 probably the toughest year at big 10's with 5 AA's at his weight.  So it looks to me like the first 2 Big titles were probably the toughest. Dake also be Taylor multiple times and by your standards wouldn't beating a 4 time Big champ be better than actually winning 4 Big titles?  

Get a life. 

Fishhook don't be mad at me cause I've allowed myself to have the time to look up this information that proves a very good point for Dake. I could really care less who is actually better they are both amazing with winning 4 NCAA titles all I'm doing is trying to kill time till my kids wake up

Actually 3 junior high titles. 

So which of the big guns played 4 years of high school football?

(I'm expanding the definition of career)

Dake was a two time letter winner in high school baseball and one timer in track. Logan was a four time letter winner in football. Advantage Stieber in this expanded aspect.

Plus I will ALWAYS believe that Logan's only high school loss (to David Taylor) was due to his coming straight off the football gridiron to the Ironman wrestling mats. A rematch woulda coulda shoulda gone to Logan.