Sign in to follow this  
dhun

Who had a better career Dake or Stieber?

Considering they are he same age, and the fact that Dake split matches with Reese Humphrey his freshman year, and the fact that Reese and Logan go at it now, we could have had our answer had Dake not kept gaining weight.  Logan and Dake would be a very close match.   Probably be whoever got a turn. Dake has great defense, Logan great forward offense.  Both are mental studs of the highest order.  

Of the 2, there is absolutely no chance that Logan would turn Dake but I can't say the same for vice versa.

Logan won junior high states three times (6th,7th,8th).

I actually thought so, but didn't want to be accused of wrong and then have my whole argument, which is pointless anyway, blow up in my face.

Anyway Lakewood you and I are Buckeyes:  there is no way I trade Logan's 3 Junior Highs, 4 High Schools and one high school team championship, 4 Big Tens and one Big Ten team championship (tie with Iowa), and 4 NCAA titles and one first ever team championship. Also second ever point scorer in tournament. The whole thing is freaking unreal to me. And I am so happy to watch Logan focus completely on Freestyle rules and training techniques.  

Of the 2, there is absolutely no chance that Logan would turn Dake but I can't say the same for vice versa.

The stats beg to differ. Logan turned and pinned way more opponents and teched more opponents in fewer opportunities than Dake.  Other than that, arguing about it is dumb. Both guys have other things to worry about, and both are in the 99.9 percentile of most successful college wrestlers ever. 

The stats beg to differ. Logan turned and pinned way more opponents and teched more opponents in fewer opportunities than Dake.  Other than that, arguing about it is dumb. Both guys have other things to worry about, and both are in the 99.9 percentile of most successful college wrestlers ever. 

Stats never favor Dake.

Like all the Taylor apologists.......

Dake sucked at wrestling,

excelled at winning.

Taylor turned everyone too, just not Dake.

For me it's Dake. Don't get me wrong I love Steiber and his success. But when Dake went to 165 to take on Taylor, and then backed it up, is what seals the deal for me. A guy that goes up in weight to take on, and defeat the reigning Hodge winner, can wrestle for my team ANY day. Of course so could Steiber AND Taylor. Gives me a pretty good start of my team :)

The stats beg to differ. Logan turned and pinned way more opponents and teched more opponents in fewer opportunities than Dake. Other than that, arguing about it is dumb. Both guys have other things to worry about, and both are in the 99.9 percentile of most successful college wrestlers ever.

How many back points has Stieber given up in his career? What about Dake? I don't recall Dake giving up any nearfall points, but I could be wrong.

I think it's relevant to mention that Stieber was hesitant to go under true freshman Zain Retherford after their first match. Remember Zain was nearly 4 1/2 years younger than Stieber when he gave him trouble on the mat. Zain was considered to be a "small" 141 that year.

Maybe Stieber isn't as physically strong as many seem to believe.

Edited by oldsuper

How did Cael avoid going on a Mormon Mission?

“Exceptional talent evokes exceptions to the rule,” said Gregory Prince, a Mormon historian and an active member of the church. “It isn’t fair to the 60,000 young men who heed the call to serve and stay out of the limelight, while the athletes bypass formal missions and gain the accolades. It’s a double standard, but for the church it’s a no-brainer.”