cem5202

Next Year

Obviously, any conjecture won't change anything ormean anything, but I am curious what you think about a few people.

1. Moisey: will he be atop the 125lb  weightclass next year, or was this year just pieces falling together at the right time?

2. 141: Now that steiber, port, and carter are gone, will we see some 33lbers move up to have a better chance at aa since 133 was a pretty loaded weightclass. Or any 49lbers make the drop.

3. Rule changes: What kind of changes are LIKELY to happen this year. Please don't turn this into a topic on why we should have pushouts.

4: The freshman phenom Imar: will he win a second, will he go undefeated, who may be the one to upset him(perhaps another freshman such as Nolf)?

5. Bojo: will he move up to avoid Deiringer or will Dinger be the steiber to bojos port?

6: tOSU v PSU in a dual meet next year with projected lineups

7: will Cox come back and dominate after this motivating NCAAs or will this have broken his confidence?

8: Sorry VAK, but who else is glad to see the stache graduate? VAK, I do enjoy the majority of what have to say (psu hate aside), I just couldn't stand your boy.

The next ones are psu oriented, so to those of you with no interest, don't answer these.

Will Mega be back and will he better than ever or did the year off hurt him?

Retherford: with the three big guns gone at 41, will he stay here and challenge for a title or move up in a chance to strengthen the lineup?

NNN: who has the best year coming up for these freshmen?

Does gulibon make another big improvement from this year to next like he did from last year to this year, or has he reached his potential with only minor room for improvement?

1. Who really knows, could be a 4x aa couple time champ or could never sniff the podium again.

2. Zain would be a clear #1 here if he comes back at 41.

3. Push out!? Duals meaning something !?

4. Right now it's hard to imagine anyone beating a healthy imar but then again this time last year no one would have predicted him being in the conversation as the next Cael or 4xer

5.both guys are on teams in the title hunt so take that into account with them moving around, who knows. I don't think ringer loses again in college.

6. Not enough knowledge to take a crack at that. Depends if psu red shirts have a year like the Ohio state red shirts did this year

7. I think cox gets one more title but it will be as a heavy. He plays the close match game and Snyder beat him at that game and I thinj that hurt his confidence and he dropped his next match because of it.

8. Will uber talented wrestlers, I'm excited for fresh blood at 174

1. Moisey: will he be atop the 125lb  weightclass next year, or was this year just pieces falling together at the right time?

I think he is an all american. but I doubt he wins. 

2. 141: Now that steiber, port, and carter are gone, will we see some 33lbers move up to have a better chance at aa since 133 was a pretty loaded weightclass. Or any 49lbers make the drop.

Yes. I think some wrestlers move up to 141. Brewer is candidate #1. 

3. Rule changes: What kind of changes are LIKELY to happen this year. Please don't turn this into a topic on why we should have pushouts.

Have no idea

4: The freshman phenom Imar: will he win a second, will he go undefeated, who may be the one to upset him(perhaps another freshman such as Nolf)?

IMar will be a heavy favorite to win the weight next year. Given nobody even really challenged him tyhis past year, he can obviously go unbeaten BUT there are always bad style match ups and the off night. You mentioned one guy who will give everyone some kind of match up issue just because he never stops wrestling. Nolf is the best pure chain wrestler to come along since Taylor. 

5. Bojo: will he move up to avoid Deiringer or will Dinger be the steiber to bojos port?

Close call. BoJo is obviously huge for his weight.

6: tOSU v PSU in a dual meet next year with projected lineups

Too early, but it will be a close dual. 

7: will Cox come back and dominate after this motivating NCAAs or will this have broken his confidence?

Cox will be fine regardless of redshirt - no redshirt or 197 vs. Hwt. He's a class act and I high;y doubt two takedowns are going to get him down.

8: Sorry VAK, but who else is glad to see the stache graduate? VAK, I do enjoy the majority of what have to say (psu hate aside), I just couldn't stand your boy.

Glad he is done. One of the most painful non shooting all american wrestlers I have ever witnessed

The next ones are psu oriented, so to those of you with no interest, don't answer these.

Will Mega be back and will he better than ever or did the year off hurt him?

According to his own twitter he will be back. According to my crystal ball he'll be better than ever

Retherford: with the three big guns gone at 41, will he stay here and challenge for a title or move up in a chance to strengthen the lineup?

Not sure about weight given all the rumors. I hope he can make 141 because I would think he'd be a sure fire #1 at that weight. 

NNN: who has the best year coming up for these freshmen?

Jason Nolf just because he will wear opponents out. Younger heavyweights always struggle to one degree or another, and Nickal may still need to get a little stronger. They will all do well, though. 

Does gulibon make another big improvement from this year to next like he did from last year to this year, or has he reached his potential with only minor room for improvement?

If he stays at 133 then he makes improvement, but so does everyone else who returns at this weight so how much of it becomes noticeable against the top wrestlers only time will tell. 

IMar will be a heavy favorite to win the weight next year. Given nobody even really challenged him tyhis past year, he can obviously go unbeaten BUT there are always bad style match ups and the off night. You mentioned one guy who will give everyone some kind of match up issue just because he never stops wrestling. Nolf is the best pure chain wrestler to come along since Taylor.

I see no evidence of this being true. Logan Stieber is a better chain wrestler than Nolf, I believe "IMar" is too. Also Dake was a better chain wrestler than David Taylor. I'm not sure why many want to make Taylor the standard in this category.

1 - Moisey looked awfully big @ 125.  He came in as a projected 133 out of High School.  I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to 133 or Red shirts.  If he does compete next year he will be in the mix. (no inside info just speculation)

2 - Brewer and DeJulius are the only top 133s that I would guess might move up. 

3 - ???

4 - I Mar is a great one and I don't think he is done improving (scary thought for the competition) If he stays reasonably healthy I think he wins again next year.

5 - He does look big for the weight but it is probably better for Ohio St lineup if he can hold 165 and keep Martin @ 174.

6 Guessing Lineups I 3 weight favoring PSU, 3 favoring Oh. St and 4 toss ups.

125 - Nico vs Nate TUp    133 Gulibon vs DeJullius  PSU slight fav  141 ZR vs ??? PSU Fav   149 Bietz vs Hunter S Oh St fav

157 Nolf vs M Jo  PSU fav  165 G Ham/Rasheed vs Bo Jo Oh St Fav  174 Bo Nick vs Martin TUp  184 McCutcheon vs KC Oh St Slight fav  197 - Mac vs KS TUp  Hvy Nevills vs Tav or TH TUp

7 - I remember reading an interview with Cox in his freshman year when he said his weight was at 235 prior to cutting down to 197.  He was projected as a heavywt coming out of high school. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to move up to heavy and if he he does he can take a RS year to bulk up. If he could come in a solid 245 to 255 and move like he does @ 197 I wouldn't bet against him dominating @ heavywt.

8 - Best of luck to Mike Evans.  I'm sure he worked as hard as possible and although he probably didn't achieve his goals 3 AA finishes is a good career.

9 - Nico is a goer and barring injury he will be in the mix to win.  He's my preseason pick to win next year.

10 - I would think ZR would stay @ 141.  He would be a strong preseason favorite for the NC and I think PSU is a better team with him @ 141.  That being said I have no idea at how hard a cut it will be and I'm sure him and Cael will figure out the right weight for him.

11 - Nolf looks like he can compete for a NC right out of the gate. 

12 - I agree with Tbar on this one.  

TBAR, you said you think Brewer will move up. Is Retherford as much of a favorite if he does? And just to be clear, I don't hate Evans. I just hated watching him wrestle.

I tend to favor the wrestler who has NOT changed weight and this goes double when he's the bigger guy, so I would favor Zain over Brewer. That takes absolutely nothing away from Brewer because he was super im\pressive at NCAA's. It is also just one guy's opinion.