Sign in to follow this  
Hubbard

World Cup Thread

My two cents on Ruth are that he is the hardest to predict ... I think he can beat anyone out there except Sadulaev but as has already been pointed out a million times, he sometimes seems asleep at the switch out there. In folkstyle this worked for him but in freestyle he gives up way too many points when he lets himself get pushed out or turned in scrambles as he does so often. If he stays in the center v Salas and manages not to mess up in scrambles he just might have a shot.

I really don't see any reason to pick Ruth over Salas. Not saying it's impossible or anything, but Salas is the clear favourite. Salas gets in bad positions but is so athletic he manages to find a way out. Very talented guy, wonder how his career would have gone if he wasn't part of a system that regularly throws matches. 

Yazdani looks out of shape.

He does not look good, carrying around a lot of extra weight it seems. I hear he barely made the weight for last years world championships. Won the asian games right after pretty easily, though. 

People who post on this thread..... I love the play by play, but at the end of a match please give a result. I am guilty as the rest not doing so, but sometimes in the play by play you can barely tell who won the match.

Just sayin'.... and thanks!