Sign in to follow this  
Hubbard

World Cup Thread

All right, I know these matches have been wrestled and I am late but (notice I am giving actual scores).......

Ramos lost.... I guess it was close but they didn't show the match.

Coleman Scott gassed bad. Something wrong with him? 7-9 and lost at the end ugly.

Metcalf was a beast and very impressive. 4-1 I think. He dominated.

Yazdani  (guy who beat Pico?)....... Marble is an all out stud and the Iranian is more so. What an entertaining match. That kid is a stud. For those who think our young-un stud is to young, Yazdani is what Pico could become. 3-1 but the match wasn't that close (save one flurry where Marble could have won - he is a stud).

JB figured out his guy early on. He is have fun out there. Iran's sacrificial lamb? 10-0 tech and the tech was an easy way out. JB could have scored 20.

Foster totally out classed. Would have liked to see Ruth. Iran and Ruth just going for it! Iran would have won (IMO) but it would have been fun. Hate we lost but that was a cool match.14-2 I think.

Varner needs to get after it against a good JV Iran  guy. Wow...... totally gassed and he pulled it out. That my friends is why he won a gold medal..... sucked and still won. 5-3 think.

No Trevel...... bummer. Bey looking for a home team call and win 1-0. Good Idea..... boring but his only chance. Brutal.... if this is what heavies are about.... get rid of the weight. Dang.

I don't want to leave it on Rey. I think the two matches that we let get away were Scott and Marable with an emphasis on the former. Scott was up by 5 and he completely gassed out. Being out of shape for this level of a competition is completely inexcusable. Very disappointed in that. While we had some injuries (Ruth, Tervel), I thought we wrestled well enough to win. 

Edited by FreezeWrestling

All right, I know these matches have been wrestled and I am late but (notice I am giving actual scores).......

Ramos lost.... I guess it was close but they didn't show the match.

Coleman Scott gassed bad. Something wrong with him? 7-9 and lost at the end ugly.

Metcalf was a beast and very impressive. 4-1 I think. He dominated.

Yazdani  (guy who beat Pico?)....... Marble is an all out stud and the Iranian is more so. What an entertaining match. That kid is a stud. For those who think our young-un stud is to young, Yazdani is what Pico could become. 3-1 but the match wasn't that close (save one flurry where Marble could have won - he is a stud).

JB figured out his guy early on. He is have fun out there. Iran's sacrificial lamb? 10-0 tech and the tech was an easy way out. JB could have scored 20.

Foster totally out classed. Would have liked to see Ruth. Iran and Ruth just going for it! Iran would have won (IMO) but it would have been fun. Hate we lost but that was a cool match.14-2 I think.

Varner needs to get after it against a good JV Iran  guy. Wow...... totally gassed and he pulled it out. That my friends is why he won a gold medal..... sucked and still won. 5-3 think.

No Trevel...... bummer. Bey looking for a home team call and win 1-0. Good Idea..... boring but his only chance. Brutal.... if this is what heavies are about.... get rid of the weight. Dang.

Umm...they showed the Ramos match

I will never criticize injuries, better to be safe....... I have a kid who came back to soon from an injury and ended up with some paralysis (five months worth), and vision problems (three years worth)  and obviously the end of wrestling. 

I love wrestling, I want to win, but get some perspective.

This is for the guy who dissed Trevel.

Edited by sgallan

Scott match had an unforgiveable call where 0 points were awarded to Ehsanpour when he should have had 4 and at the very least two. Will link the moment when match is on youtube. Take that out and the match isn't all that close.

Edited by Shiraz123

I never thought Coleman Scott ever had a chance of winning that match. Even with the big lead. The guy has looked like dog crap practically all tournament, and I don't think it's all gas tank. He just looks outclassed.

Was Tervel not going a coach's decision or an injury issue?

Overall some really great wrestling.  We scored takedowns at every weight but heavy.  I'm an Oklahoma State guy but our guys did not look good.  Scott has the offense to beat anyone if he is in shape, but it was embarrassing what happened to him after the 2 minute mark.

Varner with a clutch takedown was awesome.  

Metcalf was very impressive.  I've never seen him look that good defensively.  He dominated that match with head and hands.  The Iranian never got off a decent attack.

That was the best Burroughs has looked in two years.

You have to appreciate the Iranian fans.  They make me fans of the Iranian guys by their passion.

Scott match had an unforgiveable call where 0 points were awarded to Ehsanpour when he should have had 4 and at the very least four. Will link the moment when match is on youtube. Take that out and the match isn't all that close.

What are you talking about?  Scott initated the throw.  4 for Scott.  Correct call.