Sign in to follow this  
Hubbard

World Cup Thread

Agreed, just a stupid move.

And like I mentioned before...... I have a kid who wrestled when she shouldn't have (doctor cleared BTW), ended up with paralysis for months and vision problems for years.

Perspective son...... there are more important things than winning a world cup. No, really. I wouldn't make that up.

Kind of a bummer that the trolls have taken over the forum of this big event.

I have always said, and was partially proven correct, when wrestling almost lost the Olympics (and still might), that wrestling fans are the sports worst enemies. 

And like I mentioned before...... I have a kid who wrestled when she shouldn't have (doctor cleared BTW), ended up with paralysis for months and vision problems for years.

Perspective son...... there are more important things than winning a world cup. No, really. I wouldn't make that up.

When did Dlagnev get hurt? He looked good his last match. No excuse for not putting him out there.

Edited by greco_gilligan

Confirmed, Tervel was hurt.

Stock up/down:

Ramos: Same...love the passion

Scott: Same/down..he will probably make team

Metcalf: Up...no one touching him in US. Medal threat I think for sure!

Marable: Same...Solid, could medal and odds on fav to make US team

Burroughs: Up..he will beat all comers...he looked solid

Ruth/Foster.down..we will not medal here. Ruth will make team, amazing offense, horrible defense

Varner..Same...No one will touch him here. Medal threat if he freakin is offensive minded. If he would get angry he could win it all!!!!

Tervel...Same,,,medal threat. hope he is ok!

When did Dlagnev get hurt? He looked good his last match. No excuse for not putting him out there.

Meh.... if you are for injuring wrestlers for one tournament than you are. I used to be that way. Nothing more "in your face" than a paralyzed kid to give one perspective. Just sayin'

Ramos lost his match and the dual because he challenged when he never should have. The correct call was made, but we often forget takedowns are not called like they are in folkstyle so they challenged and gave a free point up. The coaches should not have thrown the brick

When the **** did I ever wish for a permanent injury? Wtf is wrong with you?

I had a kid get seriously injured...... WTF is wrong with you that you think, without knowing  what was going on, you would criticize a decision. You are the scary one, not me.  

Again, when did Dlagnev get hurt. He teched his last opponent? 

Based on what the Iranian commentator said that it was probably due to the fact that he had lost to Ghasemi the last couple of bouts... U.S. coach wanted to mix it up and put someone else against Komeil.

Again, when did Dlagnev get hurt. He teched his last opponent? 

If you are not there, and are not a doctor, who are you to criticize the decision to win one dual.

Damn.... what is wrong with you people. 

I missed the Ramos match. Anybody want to tell me how it went? I'm assuming he wrestled Rhamini? Sp. Didn't expect a win here as I think the Iranian is the best in the world or #2 to the Russian animal

Hotly contested.  2-1 Rahimi then a 2-2 scramble edge of mat.  4-3 Rahimi.  Ramos requested cube and Brands obliged.  Lost challenge.  5-3 Rahimi.  Caution +1 against Rahimi.  5-4 Rahimi.  1pt push out Rahimi 6-4 Rahimi.  I think another caution +1 against Rahimi.  6-5 Rahimi.  Some pushing end of match.  No biggie. 

Confirmed, Tervel was hurt.

Stock up/down:

Ramos: Same...love the passion

Scott: Same/down..he will probably make team

Metcalf: Up...no one touching him in US. Medal threat I think for sure!

Marable: Same...Solid, could medal and odds on fav to make US team

Burroughs: Up..he will beat all comers...he looked solid

Ruth/Foster.down..we will not medal here. Ruth will make team, amazing offense, horrible defense

Varner..Same...No one will touch him here. Medal threat if he freakin is offensive minded. If he would get angry he could win it all!!!!

Tervel...Same,,,medal threat. hope he is ok!

Metcalf- He has a history of doing well before worlds, and then not doing well when he actually gets there. Luckily worlds this year are in the US, so if he's ever going to have a breakout year, this could be it. That said, I wouldn't count Stieber out. Stieber very well could be our guy.