Sign in to follow this  
Illifornia

Ramos

Wow did he show class at the end of that Iran match. He had every right in the world to break the jaw off the side of Rahimi's face. That ref was awful for letting that stuff go on after that match.  Dude just shoved Ramos with no intervention or anything. Tony represented the US very well. That guy deserved to get hit hard for that threatening behavior. 

Ramos is a hammer at 125. He is improving every event, getting better and better mat sense for freestyle. If he keeps it up, he could be the man there for a while. He has all the tools to go far and, along with Ruth and Pico, has the most upside in freestyle of our world team members.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Wow you guys are right. I hadnt seen the match so I had to watch the replay. Hassan Rahimi definitely acted like a female dog at the end of that match. Here are Tony's matches for anyone else that didnt see it. 

http://iawrestle.com/2015/04/13/watch-tony-ramos-matches-from-world-cup/

I loved it.   The US tried to hit Rahimi with some home cooking and add a phantom point at the end to tie the bout, but the Iranian was having none of it.   Great theatrics, the crowd was unreal, I wish every match was like that.   And kudos to Ramos for fighting through till the end.   

Wow Rahimi was being a huge baby. Who throws a tantrum when they win?

The scoring was odd too. Rahimi clearly had 6 points (td, exposure, challenge, pushout) and then suddenly it's 5. Aldo the attempted magic point for Ramos.

That 2-2 scramble, scored accurately? Was hard to see if Rahimi got exposure.

The scoring was odd too. Rahimi clearly had 6 points (td, exposure, challenge, pushout) and then suddenly it's 5.

The scoreboard had problems all weekend. The score displayed was wrong way too often and even though it typically got fixed, it often took more time to correct it than it should take. 

Wow Rahimi was being a huge baby. Who throws a tantrum when they win?

The scoring was odd too. Rahimi clearly had 6 points (td, exposure, challenge, pushout) and then suddenly it's 5. Aldo the attempted magic point for Ramos.

That 2-2 scramble, scored accurately? Was hard to see if Rahimi got exposure.

What about a TD before any exposure happened?  What are the FS rules in that position? 

I loved it.   The US tried to hit Rahimi with some home cooking and add a phantom point at the end to tie the bout, but the Iranian was having none of it.   Great theatrics, the crowd was unreal, I wish every match was like that.   And kudos to Ramos for fighting through till the end.   

I'm not saying I didnt like it as I love me some good controversy, but it was just a weird situation considering he won and did that. I see he later holds his eye like Ramos did something to it but i honestly feel he did that after the fact to make the pushes look warranted. It doesnt really appear Ramos does anything to him. I cant guarantee it but i'd imagine the scoring issue was more to incompetence from the table than home cooking but you never know. 

I know some people have a problem with you on here Cletus but I actually kind of like you. You hate on and teams out equally when you think they step over the line and i appreciate that. Even as an Iowa fan considering all of the borderline stuff they do. The people I cant stand are they flying tiger and oldsuper that turn their back to some situations but dig until they find something, no matter how small, in other situations.

Plasmodium the way I saw it they were neutral (though Ramos was close to a td), Rahimi drove back into to him for (maybe) 2, then Ramos gets 2 for exposure and ends up on top. He doesn't get another 2 for ending up in control.

Not sure how the rule book reads for the early almost td position but generally you need to behind the guys arms and have his knee touch to get the points.

Plasmodium the way I saw it they were neutral (though Ramos was close to a td), Rahimi drove back into to him for (maybe) 2, then Ramos gets 2 for exposure and ends up on top. He doesn't get another 2 for ending up in control.

Not sure how the rule book reads for the early almost td position but generally you need to behind the guys arms and have his knee touch to get the points.

I have to watch it again, but is it impossible that it was 2 Ramos, 2 Rahimi (exposure) than another 2 for Ramos when he exposed Rahimi? I have to rewatch but that was my original thought.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252237-World-Cup-2015/video/766721-57KG-Tony-Ramos-USA-vs-Hassan-Rahimi-Iran#.VS0m19m9Kc0

Not impossible. My second viewing I agreed with the officials 2-2 but these kind if scrambles are slways subjective.

Know what was a terrible call? At 70 kg Itan vs Aze, Iran tilts the Azeri to his back (2), then Aze end up on top (1 reversal). Clear scoring situation, except they switch the points and give the 1 to Iran. After review they won't even change it!

Seemed like Ramos started the incident by not breaking when time ran out. Was impossible to see what went on between the two but Rahimi came out of it holding his eye. Theatrics are a possibility, but there's no telling. I wouldn't put it past Ramos to do something dirty after losing, but I didn't see it.

Cletus brings up a good point as well, I think the antics at the end were more for the incorrect scoring which is unreal considering how high of a level this event is. 

My lord, some people....They stand up, Rahimi doesn't even move towards his eye until several seconds later, and there's not a mark on him.  Then he comes across the circle and shoves Ramos after the score is changed, as f it's his fault.  People will stretch themselves to blame anything on an Iowa kid.

I'm not saying I didnt like it as I love me some good controversy, but it was just a weird situation considering he won and did that. I see he later holds his eye like Ramos did something to it but i honestly feel he did that after the fact to make the pushes look warranted. It doesnt really appear Ramos does anything to him. I cant guarantee it but i'd imagine the scoring issue was more to incompetence from the table than home cooking but you never know. 

You know, I appreciate that, and I believe it shows emotional maturity and plain old intelligence on your part.   You're able t0o separate emotion from logic.   I've noticed most on this board can't do that.  I call it right down the center.   I have no affiliation other than to the Southern wrestlers but we have so few of those on the map, I am a fan of everyone, so long as they bring it.   Many think I am anti Iowa, when in fact they are one of the more entertaining teams I find in all of college sports.   You simply cannot write a script for some of the things that go on over there.  I love it!    And I mention as much, only to be met with insecure never were, mid life crisis, under achievers who take it as an attack.   

I'm not going to name names, it's not my style, but there's a guy on here who must have no life if you simply look at his post count.   Big Iowa fan.   Just a complete wet blanket.  he has his cronies well trained and they think they gang up on me.   I laugh.   Ican't wait every day to see how much energy they spend collectively in talking about me.   

I'm a busy guy.   I run a couple businesses including out of state interests.   I travel and I am very close with family.   I just don't have the time to sit around and worry about  others on this board.   You've got a few young ones, little bucky beaver comes to mind, who while wet behind the ears and running around like a puppy with an erection, he's alright.   He's not corrupt yet.   You've got Rosie and Freeze, a couple of wack jobs.   But you know what, at the end of the day, I wouldn't want them gone (Freeze nearly slit his wrists a day or two ago over a Metcalf topic!).   

I love it here.   Yous all are like my family.   

Oh I forgot to add Perry in with Oldsuper and Flying Tiger from my post above.

Interesting, what situations do I turn my back to? The wrestler I hated on the most all year on these forums was a Penn State kid. Additionally, my comment was that I did NOT see anything out of Ramos - so I'm not sure why you're getting so upset here...