Sign in to follow this  
Illifornia

Ramos

Oh yes, I see Bohn #4 at 61. I stand corrected, he is ranked. Not a bad loss in that respect, but still, you need to beat these caliber guys to be considered a medal contender, no? 

Edit: Wow, Bohn pretty much destroyed the field. A pin, 2 TFs and 10-4 dec. Guess the drop down is working out well. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Oh yes, I see Bohn at #4 at 61. I stand corrected, he is ranked. Not a bad loss in that respect, but still, you need to beat these caliber guys to be considered a medal contender, no? 

Is losing by criteria to a former World Champion not show that he is getting there? I mean he is only completing his first full year training Free full time. Not everyone is Jordan Burroughs and makes the transition look seamless. Ramos has looked pretty good considering how much ground he had to make up on these guys from other countries.

……….and as your list continues to grow, eventually you'll have to ask yourself if it's really everyone else or just you that's the problem. 

How can you not act like you don't try to find as many opprotunities as you can to put down an Iowa wrestler? You just made a statement about Ramos losing to a hammer. Maybe having one positive post about anything Iowa would lead someone to believe that you shouldn't be atop the "Iowa ignore list". Off the top of my head you have made: 1. statement about Ramos, 2. Started a thread on Brooks, 3. Put down Gilman, 4. Put down Evans, 5. Put down Kemerer for losing to Thomsen, and I can't think of a particular instance, but I am sure you aren't fans of the Brands brothers. That's all in the last month.

Just try it one time and maybe people won't see you as someone who looks for every angle to shut an Iowa poster down.

Umm, I think you are confusing me with other people.

I didn't say anything about Kemerer;

I didn't say anything about Evans;

Nothing recent on Gilman although if you go back far enough I'm sure you'll find a fact based post or two on his antics; 

Brooks was in response to the Gulibon thread started by an Iowa fan. Police your own and I wouldn't of had to make a point

Getting back on topic, is it really so outlandish for me to have the opinion that Ramos won't medal? When is the last time the U.S. had one at that weight? Yes he had a close loss against a former world champ but he also got pinned by someone ranked #4. What are his notable wins? I just don't see it. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

You enjoying these two guys getting defensive, Cletus? I can see them short circuiting in the near future.

I just got home.   I've been with clients all day, looking to sign a very lucrative deal, pig farming related.   

These dorks make my day, every day.   Wild Turkey especially, that guy's a doozy all by himself.   Vak, that guy is a gift of entertainment.  I've never had a problem with him, but he despises me.   A mod once told me he demands to know where I'm posting from, what my email is, and in general is obsessed with me.   I don't get it.   I do my best to call it right down the line, no matter who the call goes against.    

You sir seem like one of the level headed, mature members of this board and believe you me, there aren't very many of yous.  

I liked it.  Rahimi getting pissed at the attempted screw job was one of the most entertaining parts of the whole world cup.  The match had everything:  Toughness, skill, wild scrambles, dirty tactics, last second scoring, and finally comedy.  I wish more guys would do that.

My question is how close was Ramos turning Rahimi? If that had been center of the mat and given Ramos experience in figure-4 with a power half, I think Rahimi's stuck. I wish the UWW on-mat out of bounds was a little more forgiving than just the top of the head.

My question is how close was Ramos turning Rahimi? If that had been center of the mat and given Ramos experience in figure-4 with a power half, I think Rahimi's stuck. I wish the UWW on-mat out of bounds was a little more forgiving than just the top of the head.

A figure 4 around the body is illegal in folkstyle. How much experience does Ramos have with it?

I think the seed for the end of match nonsense was sewn earlier in the match when the Iranian poked Ramos in the eye knocking out his contact. The Iranian offered an apologetic handslap and Ramos ignored him. You could see the change in the Iranian's facial expression.

both figure 4 and scissors are illegal in freestyle

You wish more wrestlers would act like complete azzholes? It wasn't Ramos' fault the officials have their heads up their butts. Shoving Ramos was stupid and bush league.

Yes, I found it entertaining.  Ramos was putting on his Iowa routine and it pissed the Iranian off.  I would rather watch two guys who wear their emotions on their sleeve than two guys with zero personality and nothing for theatrics.  Its 2015 and people still wonder why wrestling has a small fan base.