Sign in to follow this  
Stl

Dustin Schlatter's Return

There may have been talk about this in another thread, but what's the story with Dustin Schlatter's return to the freestyle circuit? The news that he was competing again came out a while ago, and since then I've been waiting for an article or interview to give some insight into Schlatter's return. Schlatter competing again was a pleasant surprise for me, and many people I would imagine. It's sad to see injuries damage someone's career, and after all he had been through I thought he was retired for good. I am really curious as to what lit the fire to compete for him again, or whether he had planned all along to take an extremely long break to let his body recover. Maybe there has been an article or interview that I haven't been able to find, but if not, maybe someone who's knowledgeable about the situation can share some insight on Schlatter's return.

A healthy Schlatter is a contender for the world team. He took Marable down to the wire at the Dan Schultz

This guy has lots of natural talent. He was hanging in there against Metcalf and burroughs in college too.

A healthy Schlatter is a contender for the world team. He took Marable down to the wire at the Dan Schultz

This guy has lots of natural talent. He was hanging in there against Metcalf and burroughs in college too.

I have to agree, Dustin was very impressive at the Dan Schultz.   Give him some time to get back in his rhythm and show some consistency, and I wont rule him out as our guy at 70 kg.