Aviator12

Mark Hall has 4 official visits set per his dad....

?

Wasn't this interview with AWP recorded a few weeks ago and that article above is from 02/23/2015. Isn't the AWP interview more current than the OP?

His comments led me to believe that was the case basically when he said he was getting ready to watch the World Cup and the fact that the World Cup was 2 weekends ago and the date of the article says 4/20/15 6:45 EDT Edited by NYWRESTLER94

Any here think Mark Hall will go the way of Destin McCauley? Which is to say he will one of the top recruits out of high school that doesn't pan out in college. I think there is chance he could be a bust in college.

I hope he does not go to Wisconsin.  That way, nobody can blame Barry Davis when Mark Hall ends up not as good as expected.

Over/under- Mark Hall earns All American status twice. 

You must be from Wisconsin to know how things work up there.

Will the recent championship change that dynamic?

Winning the team championship totally changes that dynamic. When Tom Ryan is competing against Cael, JRob, Brands or John Smith for the same top athlete that wants to win a team title he now has hard evidence that he is able to get that done. And having a 4x champ and guys able to come in as freshman and compete and win individual titles also helps his case with recruits.  

Any here think Mark Hall will go the way of Destin McCauley? Which is to say he will one of the top recruits out of high school that doesn't pan out in college. I think there is chance he could be a bust in college.

Based on what? 

Probably depends on what you consider a bust. I would bet money he will be at least a couple time AA. But I guess if that is all he ever did say a 7 - 3 then some would maybe consider that a bust for an overall #1.  

Where is the best place to find the past #1 p4p recruits?

I think overall #1s have a pretty high success rate. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

Based on what? 

Burn out. Sometimes kids that have been wrestling at a high level for a long time prior to college reach their peak in high school and fail to make strides at the next level. Also, Mark Hall has rarely had to deal with defeat, will he be able to handle taking some losses? I guess time will tell.

Burn out. Sometimes kids that have been wrestling at a high level for a long time prior to college reach their peak in high school and fail to make strides at the next level. Also, Mark Hall has rarely had to deal with defeat, will he be able to handle taking some losses? I guess time will tell.

still an uneducated and unkind/irresponsible thing to say. 

then again, this is a message board, so, carry on.

Where is Arizona State in this conversation? How can you say no to Coaches Ruth and Pendleton? Training with all the bigs they have coming in from the 2015 class.

While ASU may be very tempting for some, I think it could be very easy for a recruit to pass up ASU. They are still essentially an unproven program.   

Edited by OtisCampbell

While ASU may be very tempting for some, I think it could be very easy for a recruit to pass up ASU. They are still essentially an unproven program.   

Their coach is proven, though. Proven he can coach and proven he can recruit too. Plus, the weather is great and their ratio of hot to not hot chicks is insane. 

Edited by TBar1977

"Those same people who weren't nice now think they're my friends and want me to stick around to wrestle for the Gophers," said Hall, an 18-year-old junior. "I don't have any ill will. They just didn't know me and what I'm all about."

Something is obviously bothering him or else he wouldn't bring it up. 

Pretty good insight from an 18 year old.