Aviator12

Mark Hall has 4 official visits set per his dad....

Perhaps the Buckeyes are getting close to signing Mark Hall.  Check out April 13th pic on Snyder's twitter page.  https://twitter.com/Snyder_man45

The one thing the Bucks have in their favor is a history of frosh earning placement at NCAA's.  Logan and Tomasello were frosh champs while Snyder, BoJo, Hunter, Tessari and Lance Palmer all placed top 6.  

That's a pretty good recruiting pitch.  

Edited by silver-medal

Lets see how they handle having an integral piece of the puzzle like Logan Stieber not on the team. They obviously have tons of talent and are going to be right there but guys like Stieber, Taylor and Metcalf are worth more than just the points they score. While having these guys around as coaches and or club guys is still nice, when they are actually part of the team the leadership they provide is priceless.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

Ohio State is definitely the Beast of the Midwest now. Tom Ryan has finally figured things out and the Buckeyes are here to stay. Can't wait to see them wrestle Penn State next year. Should be a great match!

Your use of the definite article "the" in the first sentence got my attention. I do not think Ohio State is alone in its supremacy of "Beast of the Midwest". It is, however, the most-recent title winner. PSU could be considered Mid-Atlantic, but certainly Iowa is Midwest.

Lets see how they handle having an integral piece of the puzzle like Logan Stieber not on the team. They obviously have tons of talent and are going to be right there but guys like Stieber, Taylor and Metcalf are worth more than just the points they score. While having these guys around as coaches and or club guys is still nice, when they are actually part of the team the leadership they provide is priceless.  

Dan Gable literally said this the other day on Jason Bryant's podcast. He said something to the effect that Ohio State wouldn't have won without Logan - and not in the obvious way like they needed his points, but his presense had a tremendous effect on those freshmen performances.

Your use of the definite article "the" in the first sentence got my attention. I do not think Ohio State is alone in its supremacy of "Beast of the Midwest". It is, however, the most-recent title winner. PSU could be considered Mid-Atlantic, but certainly Iowa is Midwest.

Gonna need a needle nose for this one.  

I think Ohio State will achieve superior results to Iowa (you can throw Minny in there with Iowa) for the foreseeable future. Hence the word "the", as in the singular Beast of the Midwest for the time being. This irks Otis, but that isn't my problem. Not everyone shares his parochialism towards the Hawkeyes.  

I have always looked at Penn State as an Eastern or Mid Atlantic University. Our change to the Big10 hasn't changed that for me. We are not located in what most people refer to as the Midwest. 

I feel sorry for you. You must have a lot of hurt inside. God bless you. 

Otis, you are the one who is following me around this msg. board all the time, not the other way around. You make snarky comments ab out most of my posts. It is almost like you are obsessed with me. If you wish to prove me wrong by ignoring me I would applaud it, but I don't think you can to be quite frank.

It will serve him well when he suits up vs. his friends at Iowa... Penn State... OkState...  Oh, and see quickly Stroker was boo'ed a couple weeks ago and he hadn't even left the state yet.

I was there. It was embarrassing.

Edited by Cyclones

Dan Gable literally said this the other day on Jason Bryant's podcast. He said something to the effect that Ohio State wouldn't have won without Logan - and not in the obvious way like they needed his points, but his presense had a tremendous effect on those freshmen performances.

This looks like a page out of the "Ohio State wrestled out of their minds" book, seen and heard in certain quarters. It's as much nonsense as the claim, seen in those same places, that Ohio State fans rioted in the streets when they tied for the conference title.

Based on the preseason expectation of Ohio State fans, half of the lineup merely met expectations and the other half decidely DID NOT.

During the first half of the season there was a lot of conversation about how the three TOSU freshmen were not as good as thought. The second half of the season should have opened some eyes, but it didn't. However, instead of three mid-level AAs, which seemed to be a season-developed expectation, the freshmen grabbed a first, second, and a third. 

So, given that shocking event, the hindsight story has now become:

Without Logan Stieber, Nate Tomasello, Bo Jordan, and Kyle Snyder, would have been no more than mid-level AAs, if that, but, instead, overachieved. Why this story? Because Dan Gable said so.

I don't buy it, and I plead guilty to heresy.

IMO, the reasons for Ohio State championship are:
1. Tom Ryan AND his coaching staff.
2. The skills and mental make-up of the three FRESHMAN CAPTAINS, joined with Logan Stieber's.
3. The example set by Logan Stieber, which is less important that the points scored by him.

In that order.

I do wonder what impact the freshmen had on each other.

Not sure how Gable meant it but..........

Logan is the one hammer you can count on for 26 points on their team.

Only Okst had that with Ringer just without the support I suspect he'll have next year.

I wouldn't minimize the example that he set.

Being around better guys brings you up to their level if you care to take observation of their habits.

BoJo, Tomasello, and Snyder were tattooed for AA from day 1 but being around Logan daily sure as heck didn't hurt their chances of mentally putting it together at the dance.

"I wouldn't minimize the example that he set."

There have been efforts to minimize the capabilities of those three from the moment they were named co-captains (which some questioned Tom Ryan for doing, but maybe it was LogieBear's idea).

Do any of these top Flowrestling ranked wrestlers ever get knocked off the perch by people within their own state?

In other words, is it a mere formality that Mark Hall wins a Minnesota state title next year?

"I wouldn't minimize the example that he set."

There have been efforts to minimize the capabilities of those three from the moment they were named co-captains (which some questioned Tom Ryan for doing, but maybe it was LogieBear's idea).

Yeah I mean what would Gable know about the types of things that create a championship team.  

Otis:  I bet if I look at every post you've made concerning Ohio State, it has a negative slant.

But at the end of the day, you're rooting for England.  Still a great power but they've been surpassed.  I'm excited for Ohio State's future.  Iowa's future is their present...relevant, in the hunt but not likely to get it done.