Sign in to follow this  
shamrock

Video clip of Iranian Fans at the 2015 world cup in Los Angeles

This is for those that did not make the event or live out of state or country.

There were 3 groups of iranian fans cheering, this is the clip of 2nd largest group, the largest group were sitting across on the opposite side. There were 3 iranian girls dancing during iran matches with the sound of vuvuzela, horns and so on as if they were at a concert which was really cool. I covered my left ear to prevent hearing damage from the vuvuzela but it seems I can still hear them just by thinking about it.

Since the largest groups of iranian dissident outside iran live in california, the iranian government is really uneasy about having any type of sporting event in california particularly in Los Angeles. several iranians living in US tried to bring pre-revolutionary iranian flag to the arena but they were not allowed entry by forum security. some guy was wearing the pre-revolutionary flag on his sweat-shirt, he was not allowed entry either until he removed his sweatshirt. The only iranian flag that was allowed was the islamic revolutionary flag representing the current government. 

Majority of Iranian fans only stayed for matches involving iran team and did not watch other teams, to be honest the place was very quite when other teams competed. The most exciting team matches were iran-azerbaijan and iran- usa.

I am not sure how the forum parking went form $15 ( if I am not mistaken) in 2014 to $25 per car in 2015, I hope the USA wrestling does something about this.

I want to give kudos to USA wrestling for having this event in Los Angeles again, hope they continue having it in LA. Its great to have these events on the west coast after having them on the east coast for few years

If they are Iranian descendants, who are either US citizens or here with greencards, and rooting for Iran over the USA, while waving Iranian flags on US soil while working in this country, there is an issue..

Gotta respect their passion though.

Edited by BraunMann

If they are Iranian descendants, who are either US citizens or here with greencards, and rooting for Iran over the USA, while waving Iranian flags on US soil while working in this country, there is an issue..

Gotta respect their passion though.

You are an idiot.