Sign in to follow this  
DiMaria

Inside The Mind of Alex Cisneros

Guest Kingsland

Interesting, he seems to have a lot of ambition and a lot of drive. Surprised he doesn't think staying at Cornell would help him with his business endeavors. I hope he has a very succecful life outside of wrestling.

Label me a hater, but that was a pretty dumb interview. I guess I'm a grumpy old man but these college age kids need to get a grip on reality. Forbes 50 list? Give me a break. What has he accomplished in his life so far exactly? He won some state wrestling titles? Well that's nice, but he's going to need a little more than that to become a billionaire. So what's his big idea? That network marketing isn't a scam? Well that's a very inspiring message but I think he is still about a billion dollars short of becoming a billionaire. Network marketing is one of the greatest industries the world has to offer? Uh, if you say so. It's a sad mark of the times that someone would think marketing is some great human endeavor. I know he's just a kid but encouraging this kind of nonsense doesn't do anybody any favors. I'm no fan of Cornell after the national tournament this year, but leaving an Ivy League school to pursue a bunch of foggy ideas that don't amount to much seems like a big mistake.

Michael Dell had a real product when he dropped out of college. From what I can find, he currently sits at number 48 on the Forbes 50 list. He is worth around $18 billion. The Clintons have made about $150 million or so giving talks and being corrupt government officials. Bill Clinton was the president of the USA. This guys is going to make $18-20 billion as a state champ motivational speaker? Okay. 

Kids coming out of high school are getting to be really good at wrestling. But at the end of the day, it's just amateur wrestling. It was nice watching Logan Stieber win four national titles but when he said on ESPN that he has met "millions" of fans I have to think he either misspoke or is totally delusional. Having big goals in life is great, but they should have some connection to reality. 

Good to know what's going on - but I wish the question had been asked that everybody wants to know -

"Did the last second collapse against Villarreal in the state finals your senior year break you when it comes to your confidence and ability to wrestle at the the NCAA Division I level?"

Edited by BraunMann

Good to know what's going on - but I wish the question had been asked that everybody wants to know -

"Did the last second collapse against Villarreal in the state finals your senior year break you when it comes to your confidence and ability to wrestle at the the NCAA Division I level?"

From what I have heard - No.

Label me a hater, but that was a pretty dumb interview. I guess I'm a grumpy old man but these college age kids need to get a grip on reality. Forbes 50 list? Give me a break. What has he accomplished in his life so far exactly? He won some state wrestling titles? Well that's nice, but he's going to need a little more than that to become a billionaire. So what's his big idea? That network marketing isn't a scam? Well that's a very inspiring message but I think he is still about a billion dollars short of becoming a billionaire. Network marketing is one of the greatest industries the world has to offer? Uh, if you say so. It's a sad mark of the times that someone would think marketing is some great human endeavor. I know he's just a kid but encouraging this kind of nonsense doesn't do anybody any favors. I'm no fan of Cornell after the national tournament this year, but leaving an Ivy League school to pursue a bunch of foggy ideas that don't amount to much seems like a big mistake.

Michael Dell had a real product when he dropped out of college. From what I can find, he currently sits at number 48 on the Forbes 50 list. He is worth around $18 billion. The Clintons have made about $150 million or so giving talks and being corrupt government officials. Bill Clinton was the president of the USA. This guys is going to make $18-20 billion as a state champ motivational speaker? Okay. 

Kids coming out of high school are getting to be really good at wrestling. But at the end of the day, it's just amateur wrestling. It was nice watching Logan Stieber win four national titles but when he said on ESPN that he has met "millions" of fans I have to think he either misspoke or is totally delusional. Having big goals in life is great, but they should have some connection to reality. 

You should do a little research on Network Marketing prior to replying. Check out the link on the Top Global Network Marketing Companies - you may recognize a few names such as Avon Products, Mary Kay, Herbalife, Tupperware, etc...

http://www.networkmarketingcentral.com/2013/02/19/top-50-mlm-companies-global-revenue/

One of the biggest reasons and direct benefits of going to the more affluent Universities IS the Networking aspect.  Unless you choose a profession that is nearly 100% education based like Medical, Law or Applied Sciences the education you receive is often secondary to the connections you make.  One would think a Cornell degree and the significant list of ties he would develop would bolster his Networking agenda tenfold.

He is a young kid with his head in the clouds. Network marketing, high end street wear, currency trading. He may yet be successful, but he talks like someone who has already accomplished something instead of like a 21 year old kid who walked away from an Ivy League education. The supposed non-profit that he is running doesn't appear to actually do anything, and has this in the About section of their Facebook page: "A platform that is used in service for all nations to help them discover their dreams once had, and equip them with the tools and network they need." That doesn't actually mean anything.

He claims to be running an unnamed "Full Marketing and Ad Agency," but never reveals which one in the interview or on his website. His LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-cisneros/b5/488/b16) also doesn't mention any specifics and he refers to himself as a "Success Coach." His claim in the article that he is training "seven figure earners" in online marketing is laughable.

Near as I can tell, he is involved in a Multi-Level Marketing company called My Daily Choice, which is a company that sells supposed health sprays that include ingredients like deer antler velvet or coral calcium. It sounds a lot like Advocare, Beachbody, or Avon, not the path to the Forbes 50.

He seems to have a tenuous grasp on the truth and isn't afraid to build himself as something he's pretty clearly not.

I'm not going to knock any kid specifically but for the VAST majority of people they will earn far more money with a college degree than without. Everybody likes to point at the one-in-a-million example of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates as college drop outs that made it huge but they are the exception and not the rule. In almost every one of these cases they came about as part of a young group which collectively saw a change in society (in their case the development of computers) and were able to take advantage of the situation. Some of the more recent examples are the similar but application based (Facebook etc.) but again are the exception not the rule.

If you look at the executives in almost all fortune 500 companies they are college graduates, not 3rd year drop-outs. I would venture to guess that inside of the gated communities the big money earners are all college grads.   

Edited by Zebra

He is a young kid with his head in the clouds. Network marketing, high end street wear, currency trading. He may yet be successful, but he talks like someone who has already accomplished something instead of like a 21 year old kid who walked away from an Ivy League education. The supposed non-profit that he is running doesn't appear to actually do anything, and has this in the About section of their Facebook page: "A platform that is used in service for all nations to help them discover their dreams once had, and equip them with the tools and network they need." That doesn't actually mean anything.

He claims to be running an unnamed "Full Marketing and Ad Agency," but never reveals which one in the interview or on his website. His LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-cisneros/b5/488/b16) also doesn't mention any specifics and he refers to himself as a "Success Coach." His claim in the article that he is training "seven figure earners" in online marketing is laughable.

Near as I can tell, he is involved in a Multi-Level Marketing company called My Daily Choice, which is a company that sells supposed health sprays that include ingredients like deer antler velvet or coral calcium. It sounds a lot like Advocare, Beachbody, or Avon, not the path to the Forbes 50.

He seems to have a tenuous grasp on the truth and isn't afraid to build himself as something he's pretty clearly not.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  During his state finals match, the announcer mentions his 3.96 GPA.  So the kid was no slouch in the classroom in high school.

Does Cornell give athletic scholarships? (I've heard Ivies do not).  But I wonder if Cornell has boosters that help coax promising recruits (as Cisneros once was) to go there.  

My parents would have kicked my ass if I walked away from what he seemingly has.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by BraunMann

It would certainly seem, at least on the surface, that he's clueless and just threw away a chance at a wonderful education for some loosely based plan to conquer the world?   

He'll be making $35k/year coaching at some local club, and getting thumped trying his luck at MMA as an out of shape has been, in no time.

Agreed. Cocky and Naive seem like huge understatements. 

Apparently he runs a full marketing and ad company, is involved in some form of networking marketing company (which trains 7 figure earners), trades foreign exchange currencies, runs a non-profit, and is about to start a clothing company?

Laughable. 

I guess all that garbage is a way to rationalize the fact that he threw away an ivy-league education.

He is an adult so he gets to make his own decisions but giving up a Cornell education..... makes one go hmmm.

As must as I hate to actually agree with a troll, I think that loss, and having a hard time transitioning into college wrestling did have more of an effect than he lets on. But again.....

He is an adult so he gets to make his own decisions.

BraunMann,

I thought of asking him that question, only I opted not to at the last minute. Alex is a great kid with a great vision and I hope nothing but the best for him in his future endeavors.

-Pablo

Edited by DiMaria

BraunMann,

I thought of asking him that question, only I opted not to at the last minute. Alex is a great kid with a great vision and I hope nothing but the best for him in his future endeavors.

-Pablo

Can you give any detail at all into his great vision?  Or was he speaking in generalities and platitudes?  

His responses sound like the sales pitches that those multi-level network marketing firms use. "My business," "who I work with," it all sounded like the same language they instruct you to use. It sounds educated, but when you peel away the layers, like IronChef did, there isn't much substance. Sounds nice though.

Multi level marketing is a scam and a joke, however that is a soapbox for another day. The cool thing about being a 21 year old, is you can be ambitious and delusion without there being too many consequences. Let him live his life and make his own mistakes. He could easily be doing something totally different in a year.

Yeah, leaving an ivy league school to start your own company has never panned out for anyone. Bill gates, Steve jobs, mark zuckerburg, etc. Might disagree though. Seriously guys, a 4 year degree is nice but not everyone needs one. Get over it.

Yeah, leaving an ivy league school to start your own company has never panned out for anyone. Bill gates, Steve jobs, mark zuckerburg, etc. Might disagree though. Seriously guys, a 4 year degree is nice but not everyone needs one. Get over it.

There arent many past your etc, and those three didnt leave schools to start a marketing and ad agency they had a cutting edge product. Thats different. There will always be exception to the rules but when the negitive outweighs the posiitive people will ask why. So you've named 3 who went on to be super wealthy after dropping out, how many went on to be not super wealthy after dropping out. The odds arent in his favor.