Sign in to follow this  
BuckyBadger

Howe

Is it just me or has he dropped from the discussion of the best at 74KG?  After Burroughs, the discussion is always about Taylor, Dake and now Dierenger, as if he has jumped above Howe and hasn't wrestled on the Senior level yet!  

Howe recently beat the World Silver medalist from Iran.  He is right there with the best.  Why is he not given as much of a chance as the others?  

He has proven to be very good, but I think his losses at the last few trials have made many think he has been passed by the rest of the top contenders. He has not wrestled in the US Open the last two years either. Plus, he is not known as one who wrestles a particularly exciting style. He can't be counted out, especially if Burroughs skips the Open this year. 

2014 Trials - lost to Taylor

2013 Trials - lost to Dake

2012 Trials - lost to Burroughs

2014 Nationals - did not wrestle

2013 Nationals - did not wrestle

We would do well to remember how razor-thin Dake's victory over Howe was in 2013. (And I say that as a Dake fan.) That was an absolute war.

I still can't believe Dake hit that superduck on him. Absolutely jaw dropping. But Dake can't count on hitting that one again. I think you can only sneak that by somebody once.

As much as I hate to say it, don't count Howe out.

We would do well to remember how razor-thin Dake's victory over Howe was in 2013. (And I say that as a Dake fan.) That was an absolute war.

I still can't believe Dake hit that superduck on him. Absolutely jaw dropping. But Dake can't count on hitting that one again. I think you can only sneak that by somebody once.

He hit something just as slick last year when he faced him after that match at the trials in one of the pro wrestling leagues. Dake absolutely can hit that kind of move over Howe again. He is just more athletic and sets up his attacks better. That is his edge, however small, against Howe and I don't see it going away. At their level, those seemingly small edges are what separate a lot of the top-most guys.

I just went back and watched that match again after i read this post.  That definitely was an absolute war.