Sign in to follow this  
davidtaylorgangordie

Cade Olivias to...

When's the last time we had a verbal from a freshman? I can't recall one but I'm guessing it has happened before.

Overall commitments are getting earlier and earlier. Will be curious to see how many guys follow through with their original pick.

When's the last time we had a verbal from a freshman? I can't recall one but I'm guessing it has happened before.

Overall commitments are getting earlier and earlier. Will be curious to see how many guys follow through with their original pick.

Bryce Brill verbaled to northwestern pretty young at least as a sophomore possibly as a frosh

All from the same club feeding the same private school.

That having been said how is it even allowed that a freshman or sophomore for that matter allowed to do this. I would think it is in the best interest of everybody, including the NCAA if this was held off a couple of years.

That having been said how is it even allowed that a freshman or sophomore for that matter allowed to do this. I would think it is in the best interest of everybody, including the NCAA if this was held off a couple of years.

There is nothing actually happening. It is simply a kid saying they plan to attend a school in the future.

They can't talk scholarship money, so as Pinnum said, you can't stop a kid from saying, "I want to wrestle for this school"

I know that guys but it is really silly and with the direct connection he (Zeke) has into that club you can be absolutely assured he's been talking. He might not be saying I'll give you a scholarship of $X, but he's talking.  

Oh I'm sure he is and is but this is the kind of stuff happening in football and basketball which has just made a mess of the whole process. Teams on those sports are over recruiting and kids are getting dropped at the last minute and having a very difficult time finding sports as a result.

Not that it would happen to this kid of course but middle of the road kids in those other sports are really having problems and I'd hate to see it be an issue here.   

I know that guys but it is really silly and with the direct connection he (Zeke) has into that club you can be absolutely assured he's been talking. He might not be saying I'll give you a scholarship of $X, but he's talking.  

Yes, that happens when coaches are talking to student athletes like Cade.  Zeke knows he's a full ride scholarship wrestler so the only thing a coach really needs to say is "I can't officially offer you a scholarship but we'll take care of you and you won't have to worry about anything", or something like that anyway.

Congrats to Cade and the ASU fans.  Their going to be a fun team to watch in the near future.

Jones is building a championship squad over there.   He can probably count on a pipe line from California where the super elite stay close to home, and get a great all around college experience.   Then you add in the national reach Jones has, this is Penn State West.   

Jones is building a championship squad over there.   He can probably count on a pipe line from California where the super elite stay close to home, and get a great all around college experience.   Then you add in the national reach Jones has, this is Penn State West.   

He's off to a heckuva start.  

It is going to be a long 3 or 4 years before we even see this kid wrestle a college match.

Cade a 17 year old frosh. He could easily go the drop out of high school, pass the SAT, finish his GED equivalence and wrestle in the NCAA by 2017.