Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

TAYLOR DAKE SCUFFLE FINALS SIG BET - OFFICIAL

UPDATE TALLY: So far we have the following official SIG Wager entries:

Things are heating up. There are some that I know should participate. I won't name names, but you know who you are. These two warriors are worth a "sea change", I say "sig change" to acknowledge their accomplishments. The more participants the more they are acknowledged for what Dake and Taylor bring to the table for our sport. For those of you with a dog in the hunt step up and PARTICIPATE!

FOR DAKE:

pawrestler

vqlswain

lu_alum

two-six

stumpy

epek

djw

frank_rizzo

buffalo

ctmopar (have to say, I'm surprised)

redblades (finally pulled the trigger!!! Good man!!)

FOR TAYLOR:

skikayaker

nom

twosackjon

lemonpie

sockobuw

tech-fall

pa-fan

csadd141

cletus_tucker

? rodneydeeeee, just "can't do it" ... c'mon rodney!

? pryan2012, picked Taylor but not in the SIG wager.

? jbresette doesn't care, just wants to enjoy watching online.

? rda post unrelated to topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OPENING POST (OP):

It's really time we all put up or shut up about Kyle Dake, and David Taylor for that matter.

We're about two weeks away from the Southern Scuffle. Taylor will likely see Caldwell in the semi-finals, and Dake in the finals barring unforeseen injuries and assuming that Taylor and Dake both make it to the finals. If it happens this will mark the FIRST NCAA sanctioned meeting between Taylor/Caldwell and Taylor/Dake.

Here's the wager:

If Taylor / Dake meet in the finals of the Scuffle and Taylor loses those who pick Taylor change their SIG to "Kid Dynamite #1", but if Dake loses those who pick Dake will change their SIG to "Magicman / Unicorn #1" until the end of the NCAA championships.

Instructions/Rules:

- Please keep the posts concise and to the point. There are plenty of other threads for bloviating.

- Your post here will count as your entry into this SIG wager. This is not a monetary bet, just a SIG bet.

- Please make it clear who you are picking to win, or lose.

- Injury Default cancels all bets. This is about who is the better wrestler and not about winning or losing due to injury.

Summary -

1st Period - Dake deep, nothing. Caldwell standing around

2nd Period - Reversal in 4 seconds with 2 huge lifts slamming Caldwell to the ground in a more than dominating fashion riding him for 1:56

3rd Period - why does Caldwell take down? Dake hammers him but can't turn him and finally cuts him with about 15 seconds to go.

Dake got an extra point for Caldwell grabbing his finger

FOR DAKE:

pawrestler

vqlswain

lu_alum

FOR TAYLOR:

skikayaker

nom

twosackjon

lemonpie

sockobuw

? stumpy, picked Caldwell so not in the SIG wager.

? redblades seems to be in the Dake camp but not officially in SIG wager.

FOR DAKE:

pawrestler

vqlswain

lu_alum

FOR TAYLOR:

skikayaker

nom

twosackjon

lemonpie

sockobuw

? stumpy, picked Caldwell so not in the SIG wager.

? redblades seems to be in the Dake camp but not officially in SIG wager.

Haha sorry I didn't mean that as hateful as it reads skikayaker. I'm just excited to watch the matchup between those two again.

I am hoping Taylor will show up and put some pressure on Dake in the first period. After the All-Star match, I'm not sure Taylor can get out from bottom any other period. IMO he will need to score early and force Dake out of his comfort.

I pick Dake.

I don't know why except for my connection with the Sandersons, but I always want Taylor to win, but Dake has the x factor in this sport and he doesn't like to lose. I want Taylor, but I got to go Dake.

I think you guys are not carefully looking at the bracket. According to the listed teams 11 of the top 12 in that bracket will be at SS with only Polz and Ill absent. Although I do expect a Dake Taylor matchup, if chalk holds, they will have tough 1/4s and semis Dake vs Toal then Yates or Monk and Taylor vs Sulzer or Yawn, then Caldwell. It is possible we don't get this match.

Also it looks to me like Kyle has had a much tougher early season than David. Kyle beat #3 Caldwell,#5 Graham;#10 Toal twice #6 Monk and the match that didn't count (wink wink) and David only had #16 LeBlan and #20 Lewendowski to his credit. If steel sharpens steel (ref earlier thread) then dake is better prepared at this point. I'm hoping we get the match and Dake opens it up. I know it may not be his way but Kyle has plenty of offensive fire power when he feels like it The first Toal match was nearly 14-3 and we all know David has firepower. I'm guessing a very low score of great positional wrestling. Hope we get a ref that understands that action doesn't constitue great matched wrestling. You want action go to PW matches.