Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Senior Finals Thread

Hoping they show the replay of the Schlatter 4 pointer (being challenged now).  My flo froze.

Here it is ... hmmm, schlatter pushing him out.  Marable tries to heave him over ... Looks like the 4 is flipped to Marable!!  Big challenge!

It's really good to see new blood in the 97 kg.

I agree after 7 straight titles by Varner or Bergman, that was nice to see. Granted he really hasn't won yet but he is almost there. I still favor Varner or Bergman in the WTT finals, at least this year. 

I agree after 7 straight titles by Varner or Bergman, that was nice to see. Granted he really hasn't won yet but he is almost there. I still favor Varner or Bergman in the WTT finals, at least this year. 

I hope Snyder makes the world team this year.

I'm a huge Varner fan, but ever since the Olympics, I'm not quite convince he still has enough fire in his belly to push himself to the point where He can be a world medalist again. Maybe between now and the WTT, The Varner Cael brain trust will figure out a new game plan, and hopefully get that fire stoked up again. If Snyder makes the team I wish him all the best. Snyder is the future, and maybe the future is now.

BigTime -- looks like Schlatter grabbed a leg, partially, and was driving Marable backwards when at the last moment, before going out, Marable hoisted Schlatter up and over  ... Marable went to his back and momentum took Schlatter over him and he tilted over ...-- couldn't really tell if Schlatter's back ever exposed but apparently so.

Very happy to see Kendric looking fully healthy.  Remember some real concern for his health there.  Not sure if he's fully cured or what but with his performance to this point is a positive sign I figure.

4-4 at this point  Maple / Humphrey.  

Big Time Fan, you might be right about Kyle Snyder exceeding expectations. I too thought that Jake was too big and too strong. But Kyle found a way. I know it's only one match and I'm sure Jake and Kyle will be facing off again in the WTT. As far as JD is concerned, I hope he does not make it onto our World Team. The reason is that he just does not wrestle well against the top guys from the other countries.

BigTime -- looks like Schlatter grabbed a leg, partially, and was driving Marable backwards when at the last moment, before going out, Marable hoisted Schlatter up and over  ... Marable went to his back and momentum took Schlatter over him and he tilted over ...-- couldn't really tell if Schlatter's back ever exposed but apparently so.

Thanks for that. 

Maple tries the move he pinned waters with but Humphrey gets the point as Maple steps out.

Prior - Humph with big single to a full on lift ... got the 2.

7-4 Humph.

1:12 to go.

Humph backing up  ... and out .. 7-5.  

Again ... 7-6.  Silly on his part.

Maple with front headlock but can't do anything with it.

Humph wins 7-6.

Big Time Fan, you might be right about Kyle Snyder exceeding expectations. I too thought that Jake was too big and too strong. But Kyle found a way. I know it's only one match and I'm sure Jake and Kyle will be facing off again in the WTT. As far as JD is concerned, I hope he does not make it onto our World Team. The reason is that he just does not wrestle well against the top guys from the other countries.

To be honest while I posted on another thread that I was "boldly" predicting a Snyder win, I was just playing around. I had no idea if he could pull it off. That said, I saw Varner lose at the world cup. That's the Varner Synder beat.