Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Senior Finals Thread

Maple tries the move he pinned waters with but Humphrey gets the point as Maple steps out.

Prior - Humph with big single to a full on lift ... got the 2.

7-4 Humph.

1:12 to go.

Humph backing up ... and out .. 7-5.

Again ... 7-6. Silly on his part.

Maple with front headlock but can't do anything with it.

Humph wins 7-6.

Hump has gotten himself in trouble several times before by shutting things down completely real early. Was hoping he would have realized that strategy is getting him in trouble but he employed it again against Maples. Sure he gets the win on this one but definitely let Maples have to many chances to catch up. Edited by MadMardigain

Top of Metcalf's ear is wrapped.  Did someone pull a Tyson?

Oliver being warned on restart for head slapping.  

Metcalf with front headlock, pushes Oliver out.  1-1

Time runs out right as Metcalf gets to Oliver's ankle.

Metcalf stalking ... Oliver circling.  Lots of activity but no points.  1:50 to go .. Metcalf pulling trigger but missing leg.  Oliver seems to be standing too straight up.  Met fires, Oliver jumps away.  Oliver on clock .. nothing.

2-1 Metcalf.  Oliver seems hobbled.  Not firing.  trying but think he maybe can't push off with leg?

Metcalf wins.

Metcalf looked tentative. Oliver was looking for one flurry and Brent didn't want to give it to him. Hope Oliver's injury isn't too serious. Wasn't sure if Brent tweaked something on that first pushout or just stumbled. Going to be tough to get through that mini tourney and beat a fresh Metcalf with an injury.

Howe quick to the underhook.  Front headlock.  Heavy on head.  Break.

Taylor to immediate ankle and TD on restart.  Very sweet.  I love that freaking move.

Restart.  Howe sinking deep underhook and heavy on head again.  Releases and goes for high crotch but Taylor defends.  collar ties.  Taylor reaches for ankle, Howe pulls it away and T misses.  Howe fires but doesn't get a grip.  

Excited to see Howe going for offense here.  Has to do it.  Can't simply defend vs DT.

Howe is heavy on head again.  This time ref is waiting.  Head to head.  10 sec in 1st.  

2nd -- T reaches but misses.  Howe high crotch but can't get through.  Again heaving on head, tries to drive DT out but DT circles.

Restart, T fires but misses.  Pummeling.  Whistle ..  don't have sound on ...

someone warned.

Again Howe heavy on head.  Ref breaks it.  

Howe in!  Has DT leg.  Hoisted.  DT still up.  Howe trying to figure out how to being him down.  clubms head.  Howe can't get him down.  scramble.  Arghhh.  Scramble!!!  Nothing!!  wow.  

Restart.  Taylor wins!  2-0!

How so is because of his performance against Tsargush and Howe. Against Howe after his first takedown his offense wasn't there and Howe was getting to his legs though he fought him off. He couldn't stop Tsargush and he doesn't look like he is going to be able to stop JB.

How so is because of his performance against Tsargush and Howe. Against Howe after his first takedown his offense wasn't there and Howe was getting to his legs though he fought him off. He couldn't stop Tsargush and he doesn't look like he is going to be able to stop JB.

I can't wait to see that, WTT in this weight is going to be insane.

WTTs are going to be fantastic. I think we will get to see either Valencia-Dake or Taylor-Dake. I think Valencia could take Taylor but not Dake. Call me crazy.

I don't think you're crazy. I think Valencia could surprise Taylor. He has a very active and explosive style, the style that gives Taylor trouble. His doubles are JB-esque, or maybe JB Jr.-esque. Taylor does well when he has an opportunity to reposition his hips while defending shots, but when Valencia hits his double cleanly, you're going right to your ass. If Valencia can't beat Howe, there is no chance he can beat Dake, who is an even better positional wrestler with a much more varied array of attacks. The only question with Dake is whether he is 100% healthy and physically ready.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Who knows with Dake -- how healthy is he?   

Would love to see Valencia against all of them .... I'm picturing him blast doubling Burroughs and then the reverse ...  awesome spectacle.  Each of them vowing to win in the blast double game!