Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Senior Finals Thread

I consider this to be the same situation as a desperation chest lock on a double leg where the defensive wrestler, Marable, was going to his back anyway and tried to roll Schlatter through to make it look like his action.  Wasn't there a specific guidance in the rules last year about awarding 4 for the offensive wrestler and 0 for the "roll through" in that circumstance?  Can't blame Marable for the attempt or the challenge though, these guys are developing a nice rivalry while Schlatter get's back into the swing of competition.

I'll be interested in Maple, he's just finished graduate school. This was his first major freestyle competition. Now he has a month without worrying about school to workout improving his freestyle technique. I give him a very good chance of beating Reece.

Same here. I don't remember Kendrick wrestling freestyle at all when he was younger, and was really surprised that he made it to the finals. With his quickness and intelligence I could see him developing into a very good freestyler when he gets a little experience under his belt.

the new rules put an emphasis on the aggressor being rewarded and getting rid of the dumb 3-2 exchanges where the offensive guy almost always exposes his back working for the attack. yes, he didn't stay locked and I am not even sure that's still in the rules, but reward the guy attacking. 4-0 schlatter.