Sign in to follow this  
nom

Taylor / Caldwell prediction contest

I can't wait for the finals. Dake and Taylor are truly a class above the rest of the field at 165 this year. Dake with 3 pins and a major this tournament, including a pin in the semis over the #7 ranked Sulzer. Taylor with 2 pins a tech and a major, including a 10-0 shutout over #3 ranked Caldwell.

Get your last second picks in now. They are at 157 semis.

I predict Taylor 9-4 over Caldwell

Well my prediction of Taylor's points was pretty close. 10-0. lol

I was 9-4 first!

Hey I didn't say I was the only guy to predict it, I just said my prediction is all. :D

Wow, I was sure he would win by a few points, but he blanked Caldwell with 10-0.

I still gotta say Dake is likely a favorite in the finals, just because he is better on top. In close matches it's those little things that take a guy out of his game plan.

I thought Taylor would do better against Caldwell than Dake did (although I didn't think Cadlwell would beat Dake).

Taylor has a wrestler that he practices against often (Matt Brown) that physically resembles Caldwell. Dake didn't/doesn't have that luxury every practice.

The score delta of the two against Caldwell is meaningless though. There's no wrestler in any room that can replicate Dake's "style".

Great performance by Taylor, even better than I thought he would do. I thought he would win comfortably, but only a decision. I still think Dake wins, but this is really impressive work. Maybe Taylor's most impressive win so far in college, which is obviously saying something.

Great performance by Taylor, even better than I thought he would do. I thought he would win comfortably, but only a decision. I still think Dake wins, but this is really impressive work. Maybe Taylor's most impressive win so far in college, which is obviously saying something.

Not so sure beating the Caldwell who lost to Bucknell's Cory Lear 2 weeks ago is DT's best win in College thus far. I'm still not convinced Caldwell is wrestling at the level that allowed him to beat Howe and keep it close with JBurroughs in 2011. My feeling is DT's best wins are those over Fittery in the '11 NCAA semis and the finals of last seasons NLO.

Not impressed by any of the 3 wins over the clear #1 at 157?

Not nearly as impressed as I am with his wins vs. Fittery, especially after seeing what Steve did to DSJ in the consi finals in philly....

Not impressed by any of the 3 wins over the clear #1 at 157?

Very good wins, not discounting them at all. But Derek St. John now isn't who Taylor beat 2 years ago, so I'm taking that into account.

With regards to piggy's argument, I thought some might feel that way, and that's fine, but when I watch him he looks to be pretty much the same guy. Just my opinion there.