Wayland Baptist University is currently seeking a volunteer GA Assistant for the women's wrestling team. Volunteer will receive compensation through the wrestling team.
1. Coordinates the recruiting of student-athletes who have the ability and potential, athletically and academically, to achieve success at WBU. In that sense, the Coach serves as a recruiting officer of the University, attracting students to participate in the programs
2. Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the wrestling program.
3. Set forth desired goals for the program
4. Adhere to all policies and procedures of the WCWA, NAIA, the Sooner Athletic Conference and WBU
5. Arrange for the use of facilities and vehicles through the Athletics Director
6. Arrange for pre-participation physicals and be responsible for securing all pre-participation forms as required by the Athletics Department policy for eligibility purposes
7. Recommend a preliminary budget for the upcoming season to the Athletic Director and Head Coach. Also, insure that budgeted revenues are achieved and budgeted expenses are not exceeded
8. Keep records of uniforms, equipment, and supplies issued during the season and submit an inventory of same at the end of the school year to the Athletic Director
9. Serve the Head Coach as the Coordinator of Wrestling Operations:
a. Coordinate recruiting for the wrestling program by making contacts with potential players and arranging for campus visits
b. Coordinate transportation and travel needs of the soccer teams
c. Assist the Head Coach in planning, organizing, and supervising the total year round program for the sport. This will include pre and post -season practices as well as tournament events
d. In the absence of the Head Coach, be responsible for the team or a portion of the team in practice and in contests
10. Be instrumental in leading team members to attain Christian growth and high ethical and moral standards
11. Manages all facilities maintenance, which includes equipment and faculty upkeep and student workers.
A commitment of Christian Higher education and in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Bachelors Degree in Exercise & Sport Science or closely related field is preferred
2. Masters Degree in Exercise & Sport Science or closely related field is preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
1. Experience in Wrestling is required
2. Collegiate coaching experience in Wrestling is preferred
Skills & Abilities:
1. Possess good PC skills and experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database experience
2. Be able to communicate with the team in practice and competition
3. Possess written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with a variety of constituents
Must have no delinquent or defaulted Student Loans. A credit check may be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the Virtual Campus offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.