Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Maple and Humphrey

Enjoyed that match.

Maybe someone can do me a favor and clarify the rules here.  

Why wasn't Maple called out @~40 seconds?  He definitely stepped out.

Why didn't Maple get 4 @~3:15?  Humphrey clearly tried to execute a duck under, went from his knees to his feet and then directly to exposure.

Maple had an excellent tournament.  Caught me by surprise. He did benefit from Kennedy moving to 65KG and Scott getting upset (and perhaps still not being in peak condition). His remaining competition may have not given him proper respect b/c he has not competed in FS in so long.  But bottom line is he was one (close) match from being the US Open Champ.

Will be very intersted to see if he can follow up that performance with a similar one at WTTs.  I think it will be tougher for him but he's shown me not to doubt him.

Enjoyed that match.

Maybe someone can do me a favor and clarify the rules here.  

Why wasn't Maple called out @~40 seconds?  He definitely stepped out.

Along the same lines...Humphrey's hand was out before Maple stepped out, does it have to be a foot that is totally out of the circle for the point or does the hand count also since it is a supporting point?

Step out- The completed td takes priority over any stepouts if it's the same action. I'd call this a pushout personally (lag between the stepouts and td) but they've tweaked the rules since I competed/officiated so it might be different now. Hand out counted for a while, then didn't, and now I don't know

Regarding the throw, if you throw straight to your own back the guy landing on you gets 2, not 4. Correct cal made IMO.