Sign in to follow this  
dutchcountry7

Schedules

I like the Dakota swing and I would guess they will being doing an Iowa swing next year to return the favor to both Iowa State and Northern Iowa. Curious if UNI's trip east is for their ODU dual.

They've had a pretty long-standing home and home series with the Cyclones. I went to the dual a few years back when Iowa State wrestled Virginia Tech in Salem, but don't remember if that was the first or second year of the series (or more than that).

Edit: Just checked, the first year was 2010-2011, the year I went. Cyclones won that year 17-16, because Devin Carter couldn't get any nearfall points in his tech-fall win over Ben Cash in his first match ever as a Hokie.

Edit: Scratch that again...they wrestled in 2010 in Salem as a Virginia Tech home meet, and then wrestled in January 2012 in Ames to finish the home and home. Virginia Tech wrestled both Iowa State and Northern Iowa the same weekend last January, and presumably, both are coming to Blacksburg to complete that home-and-home series.

Edited by SetonHallPirate

I like the Dakota swing and I would guess they will being doing an Iowa swing next year to return the favor to both Iowa State and Northern Iowa. Curious if UNI's trip east is for their ODU dual.

FWIW on this, VT traveled to ISU and UNI in a one weekend trip this past season. So this is the Iowa teams returning the favor to VT.

hawktawk3, yes. Presumably, however, UNI is also wrestling their conference dual against ODU on that trip (I seem to remember it being in Cedar Falls last year...in fact, pretty sure I sat right next to you at that dual!)

I think I do remember they will be hitting ODU on that trip too, though I am not sure I have had it confirmed by anyone.

And you actually sat next to our UNI guy, Ryder - I did sit next to you for lunch at National Duals though.